“Loved our Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hammond
Dallas, Texas
“Loved our Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I must confess that I am a hotel snob. But I really enjoyed my stay at the Residence Inn in Hammond. During our week long trip, we stayed in 4 different hotels and this one was perfectly fine and up to our standards. My kids slept on the pull out couch and neither complained. The room was clean, service was great, and even the free breakfast was good with hot choices. I would definitely stay there again.

The only downside I would give the hotel is that you can hear the traffic since it's located near the freeway. But I wouldn't let that stop me from coming again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Julie S, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Spring Lake, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Overall our weekend stay was nice. We were suppose to have the 2 bedroom suite both nights, was reserved with a credit card. When we arrived the clerk said that was not available. The clerk did put us in 2 separate rooms but this was defeating the purpose of us all staying together.
The rooms were modern, clean an well equipped. The breakfast was good. The kitchen ladies could use more help when the hotel is to capacity. Signs could be placed to bus your own tables and have better garbage can placement. It all worked out fine!
I would stay here again and would recommend. Very easy on an off the highway.

• Stayed June 2012
I'm sorry we did not have one of our 2 bed 2 bath suites available for you and your family during your stay. My staff and I have reviewed all of your comments. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your business and you will experience first hand how our amenities and services are a great fit for families and business travelers alike. We hope to see you back again in the future!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our first room's air conditioner went out so we had to switch rooms. We thought about getting a 2 bedroom suite and were told to move our stuff right away, when my son, who was ill, had just laid down for a nap. A quick chat with management and we were allowed to move when we pleased. The jacuzzi was not working, but we were allowed to use the one next door. One night there was a group in the courtyard which most rooms surround, they were drinking beer and being loud even at 11 pm; I felt it was wrong that I had to call the front desk-within view of the partiers-to ask them to kick them out of the area. The maids, front desk people, and cooks were all very kind and helpful. For example, I needed to print something and the public printer was not working so they let me use theirs.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue. I invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Currently staying here (have been for about 3 months) for work and by far one of if not the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The rooms and hotel itself are in excellent condition, it has all the amenities I need and for an extended stay like mine it is vital. The staff is great, very friendly and on top of their game (directions, necessities). It is very nice to come back here after work and be greeted by the front desk staff, maintenance staff (Antwane), Lynn Hon, and the cleaning crew. Also, the operations manager (Lynn Hon) provides excellent customer service; she always makes sure that everything is going great with my stay and if there is anything that I need its taken care of ASAP. This is like my second home and I am enjoying it more than I would be if I was at home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is staying anywhere close to this area.

Room Tip: I have a room facing the lake and it is a beautiful site to wake up too.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review and recognition of the management team and staff. I will be sure and share all of your great comments with each and ever one of them. We are so glad you can call this your “home away from home” because that is what we strive to provide our guests with everyday. We cannot thank you enough and hope to have you back with us very soon!
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here after attending a concert on 5/11/12 at the Venue in Horseshoe Casino. Residence Inn is 10 minutes away from the casino and close to the expressway. I chose this location based on Trip Advisor reviews and they are right on target. As soon as we walked in and was greeted by the staff, we knew it was the place to stay. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. We stayed in room 201 which gave us easy access to our car. It was right outside our window. Loved it. The studio smelled fresh, clean and it was roomy. It provides you with every amenity you would need in a furnished apartment, i.e., plates, glasses, spoons, microwave, refrigerator, etc. After winning $2,000 on the slot machines at Horseshoe Casino and not returning to our room until 4 a.m., I was hoping the bed was comfortable. It was comfortable. There is a free breakfast from 7 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. which I heard was tasty, but we didn't wake up in time. I can't say good things about this location. We'll be back soon. You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
northern Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We selected this property based on it's proximity to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago and freeways AND based on the recommendations from other travelers. The trip from the property to MSI is about 30 minutes in non rush hour traffic, either direction using 94/Bishop Ford and Stony Island Ave- all non-toll.

This property is just off I 80-94 just inside the Indiana stateline from Illinois. It is easy to get on and off the free way. The Visitors Welcome Center shares the same access road, as does a Cracker Barrel and Wendys. Our room overlooked a small pond with waterfowl and we heard NO highway noise, even with a window open. If you go north of the freeway, you find the edge of town with a Domino's, McDonalds, fuel stations and little stores. We didn't go much farther up the way, but it seems like there is more just a bit north.

Dave at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. All staff extended warm greetings when they encountered a guest. There was lots of storage in the bed/bath area, lots of closet space.

The a/c unit did run a little loud BUT it kept the room comfortable.

Having the bedroom separate from the sitting room/kitchen was a plus. We used the kitchen and found it to be functional. Dishwasher runs loud- perhaps plan to run while you are out and about! Note: there is a 2 burner range top and no oven! Plan your meals accordingly.

Speaking of meals, Connie in the breakfast area cooks everything right there! She manages to put out oatmeal, sausage, scrambled eggs, potatoes/onions/peppers, french toast, yogurt, dry cereal, bagels and muffins! Connie was also very accomodating for a food allergy in our family.

We did use the pool and hot tub. The area was clean and had lots of towels. House keeping actually came in to mop up the deck after some funloving kids did some seriously splashing!

The hot tub was, well....hot. Almost uncomfortably hot.

The foyers, breakfast area and hallways all looked very new. The room was clean: counters, carpets, mirrors, fridge. However, it could use a deep clean- dust on the lower corners of bedside tables, dirt on the vents (which I had to get up to to change the direction of the airflow).

Not anything to cause someone to avoid the property.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate your recognition of our guest service representative and breakfast attendant. We posted a copy of your kudos for the entire staff. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

As a frequent traveller the hotel look and appeal become less important. When staying at a hotel I need friendly and prompt customer service. I receive this at the Residence Inn in Hammond, from management to the maintenance staff. They do everything in their power to make sure that I feel like I am at home. Every comment or suggestion is taken into serious consideration. I have been her for almost two years now and I do not plan to switch any time soon.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond? Share your experiences!