“Food quality ” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Food quality ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Had the chicken piccata. It was excellent. Tender and juicy and the wine sauce was very light and tasty. My dinner partner had the Greek red snapper. No complaints. Dinner for two with drinks $59.00. Good meal good price. Service started out a little shaky but improved as the night went on.

Lansing, Illinois
“What are people talking about?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have been here more times than I can count.Am I special or some thing? I mainly order the prime rib but others with me often order other dinners. I have never once experienced bad anything ever. The local branch of the national prime meat company Meats by Linz owns this place so I know I am getting the best meat here as the downtown Chicago steak houses.Am going again tonight.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Don't waste your money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Tried this place and it was disappointing from the start with so many good restaurants in the area "Jack Bunions" for example you don't have to settle. The staff seemed to have no direction we had to ask for a server my tuna special was awful my wife's steak burnt no manager to apologize nothing taken off our bill I did not eat more than three bites before losing my appetite and I paid for every miserable moment! Go somewhere else that place needs work!

Visited January 2014
San Diego, California
“In transition, but still a great place for steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I first started going to Freddy's over 40 years ago. The restaurant looks the same as it did back then. It could probably use a makeover, but since we hadn't been there in 20 years, we appreciated the nostalgia. Back then, their "steak sandwich" which was hardly a sandwich but a great cut of beef, was divine. Unfortunately, the steak sandwich on the menu today is not the same, but the twice-baked cheesy potatoes and mushroom sides are. The steaks we ordered were great.

The last time we were there in early December, we met the new chef, Jillian Flathers, of Hell's Kitchen fame. She's going to make some changes to the menu this month, which will be interesting, given Freddy's long-standing traditionalMidwestern meat and potatoes fare. Hammond needs a culinary shot in the arm, so we wish her the best. We'll be back in February for the new menu and will report again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hammond, Indiana
“Over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

We came here to eat dinner and the food was not good and it was so so over priced we will never be back again stay away..

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere