“Great if you have a pet and cant choose other locations.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Greenwood

Red Roof Inn Greenwood
You added Red Roof Inn Greenwood to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Greenwood
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Sheek Rd., I-65 at East Main Street, Exit #99, Greenwood, IN 46143   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Greenwood
Massachusetts
“Great if you have a pet and cant choose other locations.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were traveling with our dog and had to find a pet friendly hotel. This place fit the bill as it is near to Indianapolis (we were traveling through here). It is about 6 miles from Indianapolis exits and pretty convenient to reach. The rooms were nicer inside and the beds and linens were fine and comfortable. I like that we were able to access the room from the outside without going through a hallway and it made it easy to take the dog out to walk him, etc. The shower was not the best as the water pressure was low and all that was given was a flimsy packet of one shampoo and tiny soap. We had to share the packet of soap. There were a few black hairs in the shower and my daughter and I are blonde so that was creepy but otherwise clean. The towels were not soft and were hard and thin, this made for a non relaxing shower. It was pretty quiet here and we slept good and hit the road the next day. Wish they had coffee in the room but they didnt. Overall with a pet I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GREENWOOD07, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenwood, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your stay with us here at the Red Roof Inn Greenwood! We are so pleased that we could accomidate you and your pet! We hope that you stay with us again your next time through Indianapolis!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had a night to stay before heading out out to downtown Indianapolis the next day. Our room was on the second floor facing the interstate. It looks really shabby from outside but the interior was much better. We got a king bed with 1 bath and the room had a flat panel TV, a microwave and a mini-refrigerator. The AC worked fine, all the cable channels were present and the bathroom was clean but one of the lights did not work which wasn't much of a bother anyway. The bed and pillows were clean and soft and we had a good sleep, although the noise of the trucks driving on the nearby interstate might bother you if you are a light sleeper. Also, every time we walked into our room from outside, we got a musty smell which could be due to a lack of general cleanliness of the nooks and crannies of the room or a previous smoker.
We expected a little more than a few muffins, fruit juice and coffee for a continental breakfast but it was decent. The wi-fi was great and speed very good. The location is one of the biggest plus points because it's minutes from the I-65 and had a bunch of restaurants nearby.

Overall, we enjoyed our one night stay here and given the price I think it's a nice place minus the few shortcomings mentioned above.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GREENWOOD07, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenwood, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for the review and your stay with us here at Red Roof Inn! We're glad you found your room clean and comfortable. We hope to see you again on your next trip through Indianapolis!
Michigan City, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed here for three nights. The outside of the hotel looks a little run down and the inside is a bit dated but it was clean and, as non smokers, our room didn't smell of smoke like some "non-smoking" rooms do. The desk clerk was helpful and while she didn't need to go out of her way for us she was pleasant and explained how to get to our room on the map and told us about the breakfast. Breakfast is just muffins and fruit and coffee but it's a good start.

The bathroom in the superior king room is why we booked here. The tub/shower is a LARGE jacuzzi style and more than big enough to fit two people. The jets worked great and it was a nice relaxing experience. Wi-fi was a little slow but it's free. There was a fridge and microwave in the room but we didn't use them. We also didn't use the tv so I am not sure about the cable.

All in all we would stay here again. It's a great price for what you get, it's clean and the staff was pleasant. It's also walking distance to Bob Evans, Waffle House, McDonalds and White Castle. It's definitely worth the money to stay here.

Room Tip: If you are a couple travelling and would like a nice relaxing night make sure to book the King Super...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GREENWOOD07, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenwood, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your review and your stay here at the Red Roof Inn! We are glad that you are pleased with our guest service representatives and the superior king room that you stayed in. We hope to see you again soon!!
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice, attractive motel at a bargain price. The space did not accommodate tables and chairs for breakfasting, but the bar had coffee, orange juice, and a bowl of muffins, and there were "bag breakfasts" with apple, muffin, and a bottle of water to take away. We were focused on visiting things in Indianapolis---totally fabulous art museum---and the drive in by interstate was not bad.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GREENWOOD07, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenwood, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
We thank you for you stay and that you like our newly started "Ready Start Breakfast Bags". It is always nice to hear good comments about our city. We hope that you come back and stay with us in the future!
Garland, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very nice Hotel Gordon was super at the Front Desk!! Mad my reservation through Hotels. Com really starting to trust them in giving me the Rate and Hotel I am looking for!! Have been pretty good lately! Overall the Hotel was clean Great plasma T.V. And service was great!

Room Tip: Get your coupon from the Rest area or welcome Center GreAT Rate for what they offer which is better...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing us the Red Roof Inn Greenwood, Indiana. We always try to provide the best customer service. We are glad you are pleased with our services, hope to see you again!
St Joseph Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I must say I am very pleased with our stay at this property,

We arrived about 5pm on a Friday, Check-in was quick and easy. The young lady at the front desk was one of the friendliest people I have dealt with at any hotel. More on that later.

We reserved a smoking room, when we opened the door the first thing I noticed was, NO stale smoke smell. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room.

The beds were very comfortable, we slept great.

Bob Evans right next door made for a good easy supper.

I felt the room as modern and well furnished with refridgerator and microwave. BUT, No coffee pot. We drink quite a bit of coffee and have our own coffee we take with us, so we are self sufficient in that way.

I know they say coffee is available 24/7 in the lobby,but trudging back and forth for a piddly size cup of coffee isn't high up on my enjoyable list, plus any coffee on at 5 pm usually isn't fresh.

So I grabbed my thermos, thinking to use it as a carafe.

Upon entering the office I asked about coffee, the young lady said, "we are here 24 hrs a day, get all you want whenever you want."

"Can I fill my thermos?'

"Sure," she said "When that runs out, come up and get more if you want. Here, Let me make you a fresh pot."

My wife went up later to refill, she came back and couldn't stop telling me how nice that young lady was to her.

Now, the next morning a little after 6 on a Saturday morning, I go up to the office, where one customer is sitting in the lounge area, with my thermos and ask if I can fill it. The man tells me that if I do there won't be any left for everyone else.

WOW, my first thought was, "Oh, I'm sorry, I wouldn't want you to drag your butt over here and have to make a pot, heaven forbid!!" But I just filled my piddly cup and trudged back to my room, loaded our stuff, checked out and went on down to Pilot to fill our thermoses.

Would have liked to have hung out for a couple of cups of coffee in our room before leaving but oh well.

I noticed the breakfast bags on the counter at checkout, He didn't even bother to offer us one.

Amazing the difference between people.

I would stay here again, most definitely, Overall experience was good

Room Tip: Hopefully the young lady is there in the evening, she is wonderful
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GREENWOOD07, Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenwood, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you a lot for your stay with us here at The Red Roof Inn. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we are hoping to see you again your next time in Indiana.
mason,ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed at this Red Roof Inn with our family to attend some events in the downtown area. The location is great and their are a lot of places to eat and local stores to visit like Krogers, Walgreens, Starbucks, etc. The hotel is about average but a good price. The room was clean and comfortable which is important to us. It didn't offer too many amenities. We did use the pool however it didn't have many places to sit around the pool and for younger children it was hard to get them in and out of the pool. Otherwise it was a good value for the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GREENWOOD07, Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenwood, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for the review! We're glad you found your room clean and comfortable. We hope to see you again on your next trip through Indianapolis!

Stephanie Hillman
Manager

Been to Red Roof Inn Greenwood? Share your experiences!