“Bed Bugs....” 2 of 5 stars

20% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Greenwood
“Bed Bugs....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I discovered the Fantasuites Red Carpet Inn online and decided to give them a try my firs stay was in Feb and the stay was pleasant so I made it an every other week thing that i would go and enjoy a whirlpool suite every other Monday I figured since I enjoyed my first stay that i would continue to go every other week for a mini get away on my day off my boyfriend and I took turns picking the rooms.....as I started to become a regular a few things became unpleasant to say the least about some of the rooms like we checked into one of the suites and we only had one large towel in the room upon trying to call the front desk we found the phone to be non operational....... after about the fourth stay they told me there was a rewards program for guests who come often ad told me that they would put me in the computer so that i could have a free stay after I had been there four times within 6 months so I was coming up to my free stay and could never get a manager on the phone to find out how to go about booking a room for my free stay i talked to several hotel employees and no one seemed to have any information about as to when i could speak to a manager .... found this to be strange.....finally I just had to drive there in order to actually speak to someone because I could never get a manager on the phone ......so I booked a room for the next day when we arrived in the northern lights suites the room smelled of wet carpet and mold so we chose another suites this suite was ok ...I was feeling uneasy about booking again but I did because i did enjoy relaxing in the oversized Jacuzzi.....so on my birthday which was on June 3rd I went and stayed in room 309 which was the medieval castle everything was all right until it was time to sleep after being in the bed about an hour I woke up itchier than I’ve ever been in life i woke up to find a huge bed bug crawling across my pillow I was MORTIFIED we called the front desk and even though the lady was very apologetic and gave me a refund I asked that she have a manager call me and I NEVER HEARD FROM THE MANAGER OF COURSE totally unprofessional, gross and disrespectful of guests......

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
patient00, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Fantasuites, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
We take guests comments seriously regardless of how truthful they are and/or what the underlying motives might be. And realizing that hotels are there to accommodate whoever can afford them, regardless of where the guests might had been or what luggage they have, it was determined to act immediately.

And so right after the guest verbally reported her experience, an action team comprising housekeeping and maintenance staff was tasked with inspecting and rehabilitating the room in question, And, in consultation with the pest / insect control company we actively employ, a plan was drawn to isolate six rooms; one on each side of the room in question and the three rooms across the hall from them. The rooms were isolated, blocked and treated for a week with specific formulations and detailed procedures. At the end of the treatment duration, they were then inspected and found utterly clean of any insects or pests. The treatment plan included the huge yard extending behind the rooms' patios.

Regardless of whether bugs were there or not and who could have brought them in, the inspection reports filed state that the rooms are clean and free of any pests. As for not calling the guest, we just had a major underground hot water leak that kept every body busy. However, acting on guests' comments indeed reflects one way of expressing management's respect.

Meanwhile, we thank the guest for being a loyal customer and for conveying her concerns to us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Without reading reviews we booked a room here for the night before the Indy 500. Upon entering the room it was dingy and had an odd smell which I can only surmise was old crack smoke. One bed was normal height and one was probably a foot off the ground. Laying beside the bed in plain view was a crack pipe. In the stand beside the bed was several empty "crack bags" with residue. I immediately called the desk who sent someone who come to the room only to tell us the room was inspected and offered us another room. Upon inspection that room had burnt marijuana in nearly every drawer and was equally as dirty.
We asked for a refund and was told there would be a $25 cancellation fee. After arguing with the clerk she finally relented once people were behind me in line waiting to check in.
This place is horrible, one of the worst hotels I've ever seen. I'd sleep in my car before staying here.

• Stayed May 2014
patient00, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Fantasuites, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
This reservation was made for two people. Front desk staff later realized that six people were in the room. When the occupants were confronted with that, they were given the option of paying for another room, to accommodate the extra guests, or get back what they paid ($69.88 plus tax for six people) and leave. They were angry and to cover their scam they tried everything to justify that including the stuff they published. Eventually, they were given their money back, every penny of it, and were asked to leave. Apparently, that got them aggravated especially as all hotels were pretty much booked that night.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

we come to the fanatasuite hotel any time we get away. we always call in couple of days ahead when we want have specific theme other times we just walk in and pick from what is available at the time . the objective is the same relax in that humongous hot tub and enjoy a safe and peaceful atmosphere.

Room Tip: nice and very clean room with real nice hot tub
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Management team thanks Eli and his companion for sharing their experience and extends an open welcome back to them, any time. Our loyal guests are our partners. We strive and hope that you would always feel that you are welcome here Eli.
Taylor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed here on our honeymoon, thought we'd stay again on our ann'y. Awful!! Had to fight daily for towels & TP, lied about having them, mgr wouldn't give us his name. No maid for 3 days. Go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Worst mattress I've ever slept on. Restaurant and fitness center do not exist. The only positi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
patient00, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Fantasuites, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Housekeeping Manager reported the room had the "Do Not Disturb Sign" on their door all the time throughout their stay. Guests' privacy is taken very seriously. Although they always came at odd hours to front desk for towels, they were always provided with what they wanted. At one time, I myself gave the lady four new towels. When they left, she complained about the maid service and demanded 50% discount or else she would write this. Yielding to black mail was of course no option.
indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband really love this place all the staff are very nice and the rooms are very nice and clean I think of it as my second home away from home we are regulars its nice to go somewhere where people remember your face and name especially the owner if I had to pick a hotel to stay in it would definitely be this one

• Stayed April 2014
Management thanks the reviewers for their input and would like to say to the Maxeys any time they here, "welcome home Ash & Travis".
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

This was a very fun, inexpensive and close to home anniversary gift. Loved the hot tub! The room was very clean, peaceful and quiet. We had Ceaser's Court. I look forward to a return trip in the near future. I would recommend it to anyone. Cant say much for "breakfast" but that was not near enough to make me rate FantaSuites lower.

Room Tip: Ceaser's Court was an end room and was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Management appreciates the reviewer's valuable contribution and promises to continue to improve on all amenities including the breakfast service.
Greenwood, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been to many hotels over the years and this one is the worst. We thought it would be nice to stay in the Cupids Corner. the moment we walked in we hated it. the bed was rock hard and there was wall paper peeling off the walls. The back door was wide open which made me feel very unsafe. the room smelled strongly of Marijuana. The floor looked disgusting as if it was never touched. Trash was still in the trash cans and the sheets didn't smell clean at all. i walked over towards the bathroom and i scratched my leg on a cabinet that had sharp pieces pealing off. We found huge roaches in the room and was very disturbed. We decided this wasn't worth the trip and left to go stay at the Sybaris. the staff was very unpleasant upon check in and they were obviously not professional. Their phones would ring and they would pick up and talk to their personal people while checking someone in. DONT GO HERE!!!!! THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY AND GIVE YOU TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Do your research of hotels before going!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
patient00, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Fantasuites, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
This review caught everybody on the Hotel Staff by surprise as it came right after an upward trend of nice reviews reflecting the on-going continuous improvement work that is being done lately. The staff couldn't recognize the reviewer for they found no record of the stay on file. Nobody reported problems with this suite since it was renovated. This is obviously out of context. To strongly denounce everything and then just casually say "we went to Sybaris" as if to offend us, this reviewer must feel as though we are in competition with the Sybaris. However, we are not. We offer a one of a kind experience and have no completion in what we offer, state-wide. That being said, we will disregard the shady content of this review and continue delivering a positive experience as several other recent reviewers have kindly shared.

Been to Red Carpet Inn Fantasuites? Share your experiences!