“Very Accomodating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1281 South Park Drive, Greenwood, IN 46143 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Greenwood
Greenwood, Indiana
“Very Accomodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We actually found the front desk to be very helpful. The room was of average cleanliness, nothing exceptional but not noticeably dirty either. The value was great considering the location and the nice indoor pool. I would highly recommend the La Quinta in Greenwood. Be sure to communicate any special requests and they will likely help you out... they did for us! Be sure to check out one of the 4 great nearby restaurants... Puerto Vallarta, Jonathan Byrd's, Oaken Barrel, or Main Street Grille! There is a Sams Club, Wal-Mart, and Starbucks at this exit as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Emily H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and thank you for your recommendations, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Elkhart, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Very nice hotel. Room was clean and felt updated. The hallways were big. The TV was a bit fuzzy, but still watchable. This hotel should have a higher overall rating, but I think they kept the reviews from when it was under another company and before renovations. I got this hotel from a discount website, but if I need to stay in it again I woudn't mind paying the full price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review, yes we are aware of the old reviews still being up prior to renovations and are working to get those removed, but thank you for taking notice to that and your great compliments! We hope to see you again!
Gaylord, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This place is kept very clean and the rooms are tasteful.
The beds were comfortable and nicely decorated.
The bathroom is very large with lots of counter space for the wife's makeup and toiletries.
It's well situated, just off of the exit and a few restaurants in the immediate area. In fact we ate breakfast at the Denny's located next door and were quite surprised at the quality of food that we received.
All in all it's a great place to stay and affordable too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Emily H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear you had a great stay at our hotel and would welcome you back at anytime!
SOuth bend Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

First, I've always been happy with this hotel chain and this one was right up there with my other favorites. We were less than 20 minutes away from downtown Indy for our evening plans.

I'm assuming a recent remodel has taken place and they deserve a THUMPS UP for that task. The room and main areas actually looks like a higher level hotel.

Descent sized pool and the area around it for relaxing but the main plus is this is a pet friendly facility. A nice little breakfast above the fruit and cereal setting and and outdoor sitting patio area.

This will be our new stopping location for any future Indianapolis visits.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the pool area on the first floor so you can also enjoy the patio.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review-we hope to see you and your pet again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Because of crowds coming to Indianapolis for Brickyard Races, couldn't stay where we usually do & I'm so glad. This LaQuinta remodeled was so lovely, convenient & had several great walking area greens to walk our dogs. Fantastic old fashioned cafeteria close by for good home style food was a plus for dinner. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much, so glad you enjoyed your stay and we would love to have you back:)
Kemptville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The female receptionist was belligerent. She ended up calling me ignorant and stupid because I didn't know that there were conventions in town. She quoted me ~$110/night, even though I mentioned that the LQ website said they'd be $84. The group I was trying to register under had a rate of $79/night. She was the type of person that just kept speaking over anything you may ask or say. When I was too stunned to speak at the end of her tirade, she waited a couple of moments and then said: "You have a nice day, thank you for calling La Quinta" in a fake and surly voice.
A complaint to the owner while at the hotel was met with an "I'll look into it" response. Never heard back from him. Only when an official complaint was made to LQ head office did I receive a seemingly automated response saying that they're sorry that my stay was not up to my expectations, and that they hope I'll stay with them again.
A customer may not be right, but they are never wrong. In the hospitality industry, how you deal with your customers is of paramount importance. That's the whole point, right? There are lots of ways to be corrected - choosing to talk down to a customer and labeling them in such a derogatory fashion is not acceptable. Ever.
Even if I had been yelling and swearing on the phone, which I wasn't, there are other ways to deal with people.
The lack of an apparent response, let alone an apology, tainted everything about the stay at this hotel. It seems like the owner and the staff don't care. That's just sad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Emily H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Despite your phone call you still decided to book and stay at our hotel, there is no record of this phone call, so we are limited in the actions we were able to take, however we did address the concern. The employee in question was working the front desk during your stay and I was never made aware of any rudeness from her while you were here, despite the fact she had no idea yet of the complaint being made towards her. So while you may have had a bad experience with her over the phone, her guest service was not an issue during your stay.
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Any of the reviews on here that say it's old with box tvs etc are out of date and no longer valid. The hotel is very nice! The lobby is beautiful, the rooms are great, and the pool is nice and warm and clean with a hot tub (that I didn't get to enjoy because I was swimming with my kids...but it's walled up and partially secluded from the pool which I thought was a good touch because my kids couldn't bother the adults in there)...and the staff is excellent. I needed to clean a bottle and the front desk woman brainstormed with me on where in the hotel was accessible liquid soap...silly but she was very helpful and kind. I would DEFINITELY stay there again!

Room Tip: If they have them available, if you ask for a room (I think like 117-125ish) across from the pool it...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review! We appreciate all of your nice comments about our hotel and would love to have you back anytime:)

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood? Share your experiences!