“A Great place to stay and close to everything” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1281 South Park Drive, Greenwood, IN 46143 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Greenwood
SOuth bend Indiana
“A Great place to stay and close to everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

First, I've always been happy with this hotel chain and this one was right up there with my other favorites. We were less than 20 minutes away from downtown Indy for our evening plans.

I'm assuming a recent remodel has taken place and they deserve a THUMPS UP for that task. The room and main areas actually looks like a higher level hotel.

Descent sized pool and the area around it for relaxing but the main plus is this is a pet friendly facility. A nice little breakfast above the fruit and cereal setting and and outdoor sitting patio area.

This will be our new stopping location for any future Indianapolis visits.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the pool area on the first floor so you can also enjoy the patio.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review-we hope to see you and your pet again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Because of crowds coming to Indianapolis for Brickyard Races, couldn't stay where we usually do & I'm so glad. This LaQuinta remodeled was so lovely, convenient & had several great walking area greens to walk our dogs. Fantastic old fashioned cafeteria close by for good home style food was a plus for dinner. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much, so glad you enjoyed your stay and we would love to have you back:)
Kemptville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The female receptionist was belligerent. She ended up calling me ignorant and stupid because I didn't know that there were conventions in town. She quoted me ~$110/night, even though I mentioned that the LQ website said they'd be $84. The group I was trying to register under had a rate of $79/night. She was the type of person that just kept speaking over anything you may ask or say. When I was too stunned to speak at the end of her tirade, she waited a couple of moments and then said: "You have a nice day, thank you for calling La Quinta" in a fake and surly voice.
A complaint to the owner while at the hotel was met with an "I'll look into it" response. Never heard back from him. Only when an official complaint was made to LQ head office did I receive a seemingly automated response saying that they're sorry that my stay was not up to my expectations, and that they hope I'll stay with them again.
A customer may not be right, but they are never wrong. In the hospitality industry, how you deal with your customers is of paramount importance. That's the whole point, right? There are lots of ways to be corrected - choosing to talk down to a customer and labeling them in such a derogatory fashion is not acceptable. Ever.
Even if I had been yelling and swearing on the phone, which I wasn't, there are other ways to deal with people.
The lack of an apparent response, let alone an apology, tainted everything about the stay at this hotel. It seems like the owner and the staff don't care. That's just sad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Emily H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Despite your phone call you still decided to book and stay at our hotel, there is no record of this phone call, so we are limited in the actions we were able to take, however we did address the concern. The employee in question was working the front desk during your stay and I was never made aware of any rudeness from her while you were here, despite the fact she had no idea yet of the complaint being made towards her. So while you may have had a bad experience with her over the phone, her guest service was not an issue during your stay.
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Any of the reviews on here that say it's old with box tvs etc are out of date and no longer valid. The hotel is very nice! The lobby is beautiful, the rooms are great, and the pool is nice and warm and clean with a hot tub (that I didn't get to enjoy because I was swimming with my kids...but it's walled up and partially secluded from the pool which I thought was a good touch because my kids couldn't bother the adults in there)...and the staff is excellent. I needed to clean a bottle and the front desk woman brainstormed with me on where in the hotel was accessible liquid soap...silly but she was very helpful and kind. I would DEFINITELY stay there again!

Room Tip: If they have them available, if you ask for a room (I think like 117-125ish) across from the pool it...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review! We appreciate all of your nice comments about our hotel and would love to have you back anytime:)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our cross country road trip.
The hotel is recently renovated and common areas looked clean. The room was decent in size with new furniture. Everything looked good until we crawled under the blanket. Then we realized that there are some bread crumbs in the bed. This means that the house keeping didn't bother changing the sheets between previous guests and us. This made me wonder whether the rest of the sheets and towels were changed at all or just redecorated.
On the positive note, the breakfast was more than enough and satisfying.
Overall, not changing the sheets between the guests is not acceptable at all and therefore I would not stay in this place again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm sorry about your experience, however our bedding and linens in general are always changed even for stayover guests, If the front desk had been notified we would have immediately changed your sheets again if you were concerned in anyway.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to stay here due to heavy rain slowed traffic. We were very surprised and pleased at the great room, clean and comfortable bed. I usually can't sleep in a hotel, but I had no problem! Y

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we are glad you decided to stay with us and that you enjoyed your stay!
Central Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

After a day-trip to Atlanta in April, we chose to have a night away since we had family watching the kids.

We arrived late due to flight delays... around 10 PM. The front desk staff promptly waited on us, got us our keycard, and pointed us in the right direction to our room. The recent renovations really show, and our room was nice and comfortable, spacious, and well appointed.

We enjoyed our evening with pizza, slept quite soundly, and stayed in our room until checkout time the following morning watching TV.

The shower was relaxing with good water pressure, and wasn't too hot for my tastes. The staff was friendly, the entire facility was clean and pristine, and we'd definitely stay here again for a night away, or recommend it to friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We are happy to hear you had a relaxing stay:) Come back anytime!

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood? Share your experiences!