“What you would expect” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Greenwood
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“What you would expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

I suppose I have no complaints, but was not blown out of the water by anything. A very typical hotel. Breakfast wasn't too bad, but a very small breakfast room. Our room was comfortable, clean. Staff were there to their jobs, that's it. It took awhile to get checked in because no one was at the front desk.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

We needed a hotel on short notice, searched Trip Advisor and this looked like the best bet. We usually stay downtown and like it there but didn't want to pay for parking and the higher tax rate. The room we stayed in was large and we have no complaints. We ate at the Fireside Brewhouse located across the street, excellent for dinner and a beer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
GM_GNWIN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenwood, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!
We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

I reserved the conference room for a "girls day away" for a group of us to get together and we had a fabulous time! Our goal is to do it every quarter and we are about to go back for our second trip this coming weekend. We plan on booking next quarter's get together too! The customer service has been outstanding every time I have called to ask questions as well as when we arrived. The maintenance man was willing to help us move stuff aroudn in the room to get it where we wanted it and the front desk was willing to help in any way they can. I would (and have) highly recommended this hotel for staying at as well as holding meetings/conferences at to many! Thank you for your A+ service!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
GM_GNWIN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenwood, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Thank you so much for your review. We look forward
to accommodating your group needs in the future.

Best Regards,
Goshen, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Our family had reserved a block of rooms for out-of-town wedding guests. All were accommodated very well and everyone commented about the excellent facilities. From a small baby to elderly grandparents, everyone received excellent care. When several in our party found themselves needing to stay an extra day to to health issues, they were most accommodating in keeping everyone in their own rooms and comfortable in the situation.

The biggest negative was a group of smelly soccer players, just back from an early Sunday morning soccer game, using all the tables in the breakfast area to have their team meeting and having to listen to the coach go through their strategy for the next game. Seems that should not have taken place in the public gathering area. However, that was really not the fault of the hotel and it was a minor inconvenience. It really kept the breakfast staff busy replenishing food, and I know some in our party didn't get much to eat after that team had converged on the breakfast bar.

The renovations going on at the same time were not a problem at all and I believe the hotel will be lovely when they are finished.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
GM_GNWIN, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenwood, responded to this review, June 16, 2010
Thank you so much! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

I recently stayed at the Greenwood, Indiana Holiday Inn Express and noticed an additional charge of $62.50 on my credit card four days after my stay. When I called and spoke with the General Manager Farah, she explained that the charge was due to a complaint that the front desk received from the room next to where I was staying. She went on to say that because there was noise coming from my room and the lady who complained was a Priority Club Member they had to compensate her for her room, which was why I in turn received an additional charge of $62.50. Additionally Farrah was unwilling to work with me in any regard to resolve this issue and told me that the only thing she could do is split the charge with others that may have also stayed in the room.
Furthermore, once we received the first complaint the night of the incident we immediately left the room. In short, once we were told THE FIRST TIME that we were being too loud we fully complied and left the room, not to hear from the front desk or any other hotel staff for the remaining of the evening.
The next morning when I received my bill the only charges that showed were for the two nights that I stayed and had no mention of the noise complaint charge. Nor was I informed of the noise complaint when I checked out that morning.
In conclusion, I completely understand that it is Farah’s and the hotels job to ensure that all guests are pleased with their stay. However, my complaint originates from two factors involved with this situation. The first is that we were asked to quiet down and or leave ONE TIME and we did just that, we left. The second complaint comes from the fact that I was not informed of the charge on my bill or at check out. Furthermore, the hotel didn’t even have the courtesy to at least attempt to contact me to inform me of the charge; they just added it to my credit card. This makes it seem as though Farah and or the hotel was trying to get away with adding this charge to my credit card in hopes that I would not notice it.

This being said, I will never stay at another Holiday Inn Express & Suites and neither will the 52 other family members that stayed there for my sister’s wedding! I would absolutely suggest the same for all who read this in fear that your credit card may be charged without you knowing for ridiculous reasons!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
GM_GNWIN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenwood, responded to this review, May 27, 2010
Hello my name is Farrah and I am the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express Greenwood. I would like to address the review posted above regarding his experience at the HIE Greenwood. My staff and I appreciate the business of every guest and take pride in striving to provide excellent customer service to all of our guests. We make every attempt to ensure that guests leave our hotel feeling rested and satisfied with their stay, and we have created policies and procedures to assist us in obtaining this goal. These policies include a signed contract that states that “any disruptive behavior that interferes with other guests will result in charges for compensation given to affected guests. “
On April 24, 2010, the guest in the review above was a guest of the hotel as part of a wedding party, which had agreed to adhere to the noise policy. Upon returning to the hotel around midnight that evening, the guest and others celebrated loudly in the guest ‘s hotel room, rather than use the meeting space the hotel provided free of charge to the wedding party. The night auditor received several phone call complaints regarding the excessive amount of noise that was coming from the room. The night auditor called the room three times in an attempt to have them quiet down, and went up to the room to inform them that the police would be called to escort them from the property if they did not stop immediately. They then proceeded to utilize the meeting space provided by the hotel and carry on with their celebration until 5 AM in the morning.
The guests that occupied rooms around the guest’s party room were very upset with the fact that their sleep was disturbed, and we did have to compensate a guest whose room was beside the party. Attempts to contact the guest in the review that morning were unsuccessful, and the guest never came down to the desk to check out with the Front Desk Manager. As he had violated our policy, the guest’s credit card was charged for the compensation given to the affected guest. When these policies are enforced we understand that not all parties involved will be satisfied with the outcome. However, we believe these policies are for the benefit of all of our guests.
Clemson, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

This hotel is being remodeled. It was not disruptive during my stay and appears to be nearly complete. The carpet and furnishing in my room were new. The rooms were clean and very quiet.
The continental breakfast was also better than most. Bacon, eggs and biscuits were included.
Will stay here again when in the Franklin, IN area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
GM_GNWIN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenwood, responded to this review, February 10, 2011
Thank you for your review.
Our renovation is complete and we have alo added
a pancake machine to our breakfast buffet.
We look forward to your return visit!
Hinton, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

Checked in for Final Four week-end and the night desk clerk was headstrong with wrong information about rules with Hotels.com. However, the day clerk was very informative with the correct information. The hotel is very comfortable, with their large rooms, indoor pool, the breakfast provided , tv viewing lobby and the location. would stay again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenwood? Share your experiences!