“Its 5 o'clock somewhere and its time to hang my hat!! BUT NOT HERE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Indianapolis Greenwood

Save Saved
You added Value Place Indianapolis Greenwood to your Saves list
Value Place Indianapolis Greenwood
1009 Greenwood Springs Drive, Intersection - I-65 & County Line Rd., Greenwood, IN 46143   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Greenwood
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Its 5 o'clock somewhere and its time to hang my hat!! BUT NOT HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Disappointed, I had experienced a wonderful visit with Value Place, Indianapolis/Greenwood in 2013. But after my visit this summer, I would never visit this location or any other Value Place Location. They did do upgrades to the outside appearance from my last visit, and the rooms have generally stayed the same except for a wall painted and new comforters. I found the remodel to be a let down after I stayed. The property had very questionable guest staying there and I didn't feel as safe as I did the summer before. It was lacking in many areas. The purpose to stay here was for the economic part and as far as I am concerned the rates went up this trip and I didn't see where they are adding to the experience for the guest. They did say they were under new management. The grounds were well kept and the parking lot was full, but I felt unsafe going out at night. They had several police runs while I had my stay. It was a very disappointing week. Considering I could have gone to the Holiday Inn, which offers breakfast and more amenities or travel up a few blocks to stay at Comfort Inn. I wish I could erase my memory of this experience this time! I do agree the beds were not as comfortable at all this time they felt very flat. The TV was limited in what was available for channels, I had the basic ones but would have enjoyed more choices to unwind after working each day, I would have assumed if there was an upgrade to the hotel then it was going to be more across the board. So to sum up my stay...OVER PRICED, NOT AS COMFORTABLE BED/TV poor with channels, S A F E T Y WAS NONEXISTENT. Unless you stood outside while the POLICE were there. Being a single lady safety is high on my requirements. Hope that new management address the situation quickly or additional business will be lost. Sticking to a chain for me! I will go to Holiday Inn Express or another location within the area. So hang your hat else where, even if you have to wait till 6 o'clock!

Room Tip: Don't stay here, pay more if you have to and find a safer place... There is no security onsite.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Indianapolis Greenwood, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. It’s unfortunate that your experience did not meet your expectations; and we extend our sincerest apologies. At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest stay is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart. We would like to connect with you for more details. Would you please email ContactUs@ValuePlace.com?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stay at different hotels when I travel but must say when I come back to Indy I am definitely staying at this location again. Where do I start... The staff was so helpful in making sure I had everything I needed and my check in process was speedy and pleasant. The manager I believe his name was Alan was more than helpful to answer all my questions and make me feel welcome there. When I entered the hotel I first took notice how clean everything was and have been to some pretty bad hotels in the past so it was nice to stay someplace like this that I didn't have to worry about what I was sleeping on or walking on. I am recommending this place to all my family and friends and will be back myself!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you found your guest room to be comfortable and affordable. We hope you had an opportunity to take advantage of the restaurants that were in walking distance to our hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We've been here a few days now and the only problems we have are the noisy neighbors upstairs. It sounds like a herd of elephants all day and half the night. The walls are super thin. I can hear what the people next door are watching on tv. The beds are so uncomfortable. My back has been sore since our first night here. Other than that, It's a Very nice hotel room for the price.

• Stayed June 2014
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Indianapolis Greenwood, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and our kind staff during your visit. Still, I apologize that you were not satisfied with the overall condition of our hotel. All of your comments will be very helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Have always enjoyed staying here. Prices can sometimes be to pricey though Allen....lol. Very clean and great staff. Your company should concider keeping these but opening some under a different name as studio apt. 6 mths to year leases. I would sign up in a heart beat. As long as priceing is keep at a good rate.....Allen....lol. Felt very safe staying there. Although the elevator was ANNOYING!!!!! THANK YOU ALLEN FOR STAYING LATE TO INSURE I GOT MY ROOM..... ALL STAFF DESERVE A RAISE....HINT HINT CORP. OFFICE!!!!! THANKS GUYS I WILL BE BACK...... No drunks or idiots allowed to stay here. Thanks for making this a priority. Its important since young kids also stay there and can feel safe. Kathy

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Nothing glamorous about the hotel. No pool, exercise room, or breakfast but that was ok I didn't need or want it. What I did get was a really nice room with a kitchen in it that was way cleaner than any other hotel room. I did like the security as I often travel by myself. It was reassuring to always see a staff member somewhere on the property whether at the front desk or walking the halls. Thanks bunches and I'll see you next month!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear you continually return to our hotel due to the excellent service our staff provides and the great rooms we have to offer. It is always a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to having you stay with us more in the future.
Spencer, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stayed 3 weeks. In spite of frequent door problems nothing was ever repaired. No housekeeping in 3 weeks. Thursday night, manager opened the bad room door and said;" yes it is bad" but never fixed it. I spent 45 minutes locked out in the hall Friday AM waiting to get into the room while nobody seemed to have a clue how to open the door. Lazy attention to an obvious problem resulted in me stressed out and late for a very important test. I will retest next week after staying elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Indianapolis Greenwood, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I apologize your stay did not meet expectations and that you were late for your test. We take all guest feedback very seriously and have addressed the issues you brought to our attention. We hope that you will consider staying with Value Place again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I always stay at this location for quite sometimes approximately every 3 month for my vacations. I like all the services and friendly Staffs especially Brandon and Allen (the managers)
I will go back there again and again.
Terry.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Value Place Indianapolis Greenwood? Share your experiences!