“Casual and Fun” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Casual and Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A friend of mine went here for dinner on a Saturday night, never having been. It was very crowded, and were told it would be nearly 45 minutes before getting a seat. We were told we could sit in the bar if we'd like, but there weren't any seats available. It was closer to an hour before we were seated, but we were given a booth that was clean and our server came to us immediately. Our waitress was very helpful with the menu selections despite being very busy and was patient with us. When I ordered my sandwich and was told they were out of the turkey (thinking it was just going to be turkey lunch meat anyway) they asked me if I wanted to substitute chicken for it. I agreed and was pleasantly surprised when my sandwich came with two large chicken breasts on them. There were a few mishaps with not getting silverware and napkins, but I still find this understandable considering they were very busy. Our waitress still checked on us regularly and our food was served very quickly, which surprised me. The staff was very polite and the food was very good. I will be going back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Greenwood, Indiana, United States
“Great food!! So-so service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Have been 4 times so far in the last year. I usually have to go with a coupon because they are quite pricey. I go back because the food is top notch. Love their menu. Unfortunately, each time has been an issue with service. The very first time I went we waited over 25 min and were not greeted at our table. I finally went to front and said it had been over 30 min and nobody acknowledged us. They did get some one and the manager gave us a coupon. The next time we were seated and girls walked past us for 10 minutes until she finally said that someone else would take care of us. Over 5 min later someone came. If the service doesn't get better...without the coupons....I won't go back. There's alot of good food in Greenwood with good service too.

Visited November 2012
Greenwood, Indiana
“Great ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The food is good and I especially like the ribs, but the pulled pork, Cuban, and turkey with avocado sandwiches are also quite good. The broccoli, mashed potatoes and baked beans are good as sides. The Brunswick stew is also tasty with a bit of a kick.
I have only had the donuts as a desert once and did not find them to be that appealing.
The price is right for the quality of food and the level of service.
The service is typically quite good and the atmosphere is aiming to be a rustic cabin look which I find attractive.
I have been many times over the past 7 years or so and plan on going again.

Visited May 2012
Indiana
“Disappointed at my favorite restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

When we entered they were mopping the floor (11:00 a.m. on Sunday) nothing like smelling a stinking floor where they had mopped. We ordered the barbeque pork. The meat was luke warm, the brocolli was raw, if it was steamed they must have ran it under hot water. I did comment to the waitress (she was very good) that I was disappointed about the meat and vegetable., My husband had the same barbeque and his was luke warm also. The waitress was apologetic and broght us fresh barbeque that was hot and cooked brocolli. This was my favorite barbeque restaurant, so I will go back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greenwood, Indiana
“Service was Off Last Night, Usually Excellent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our family eats here quite a bit and usually get one of three dishes.

We ordered the pretzal bones which are a family favorite soft, warm and delicious with dipping sauces. 4 pretzal sticks for about $8. I little overpriced, but fabulous none the less.

I love the Smokehouse Chicken and usually get it to share with my daughter. Last night the server was new and placed the wrong order. She came back to our table and asked if I wanted lettuce and tomato and I questioned this as that is not part of the meal. She placed an order for the Smokehouse Burger and said that she would change it. I had asked for an extra plate to share with my daughter and she returned to the table and asked if I would like the meal split and I said no that I would do it. The meal arrived split, but with out the garlic bread that comes with it, and only a small portion of chicken an minimal toppings. I asked for the garlic bread as it is one of my daughter's favorite thinks. My husband had the create your own platter and it was the usual wonderful meal.

When the bill arrived, I started to understand what happened. We were billed for a chicken sandwich and an upcharge for a baked potato. So, the order was never really fixed and that explained why there was only a small portion of chicken, minimal toppings, and no garlic bread.

It was fine in the end, but the service was off from the normal.

We love the place and will be back again. They have a rewards program and coupons for -$10 off $20 are generally in the paper. Two meals and an appetizer $24 with coupon.

We will be back as this is one of my favorite places to eat in Greenwood.

• Visited December 2012