“Comfortable Home Away from Home!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Greenwood
Palm Bay, Florida
“Comfortable Home Away from Home!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This was one of the better places I have stayed at along the highway. Very easy to get to off I65 in Indianapolis in suburb of Greenwood. We had a relative at the St. Francis Hospital and it was less than a mile away. Check-in was fast and upon entering the room I was very surprised to find it clean and very user friendly and efficient. Free wi-fi. We had a king size room with one bed. Kitchenette had full size fridge with ice maker, dishwasher, two burner stove, built-in microwave, coffee pot, dishes, silverware with a wood-like vinyl floor. All the necessities to make yourself a quick meal in the room if you are tired of take-out. Bed had really nice clean linens and down pillows. There was a recliner to watch TV and a DVD player. When is the last time you had a recliner in a hotel??? The table/desk area had two chairs. This area of the room was carpeted. Bathroom had nice size tub with rounded shower curtain, taller vanity and granite countertop. Little shop off the lobby with fresh fruit, refrigerated and freezer snacks/meals, canned soups, toiletries, etc. with a place to either put cash or a charge room slip. Exercise room to work out. All in all, I was very impressed because we paid $84.74 grand total for the night with my husband's corporate rate. At the hospital they gave out a sheet with local hotels and it said if you stayed more than 7 nights they gave you a discount too. The only negative I could say was that the rooms were probably not as insulated as they could have been because I heard a dog barking at one point and people above us (we were on second floor) banging around a little bit. For the price, it was a lot nicer than most places I have stayed at under the $100 price point. I would stay here again anytime!

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a third floor room so it is quieter. If you are staying longer than 7 nights, ask for...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
psklaus, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Tropical Diane,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review and photos of your recent experience here at our property. We are pleased you found your stay to be of extreme comfort and the true home away from home feeling that we strive for with each and every one of our guests. I do want to apologize for any noise issues you might have experienced from the guest above you. We do our best to eliminate any excess noise from pets and realize that the extreme winter cold has hurt us in this objective. We hope to see you back on your next visit very soon!!

Thanks again,

Phil Klaus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Perrysburg, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We travelled to Greenwood for a tennis tournament and had three rooms booked here, presumably because of the kitchenette features in the rooms. The rooms were standard size with a refrigerator/microwave/eating counter. The hotel itself sits in a field across the freeway from a busy area with restaurants and grocery stores, etc. There was no pool for the kids and they ended up playing in the parking lot at night to let off some steam. This is a quiet, out of the way place with access to the freeway, but no breakfast or food other than that which can be purchased in a small room downstairs by the reception area (I believe there was coffee and some frozen items/snack items). If you'd like breakfast you'll have to bring it with you. Service was friendly and helpful (great Italian restaurant recommendation upon checkin!)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
psklaus, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Tammy S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are sorry to hear you found your stay just to be average with us. We take pride in making each and every guests stay a home away from home in your guest suite. As is standard in the Candlewood brand we offer a variety of meal options 24/7 in our Candlewood Cupboard and allow you to feel free to prepare your own unique meal choices in your room daily whether that is for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We are pleased that you found our services to be friendly and helpful and you were able to take advantage of our quiet location and the great local Southside dining. Shall you return to the area we hope to get the opportunity to better your experience.

Deford, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was the best hotel that we found to stay at we had been at another hotel for 4 days prior and had a very very bad experience with that hotel. We were broke down on the side of the road in Greenwood Indiana and we were looking for a place to stay the night until some one could come and get us. When I went in to see if they had 2 room and explained to them what had happen to us they were very friendly and the facility was very very clean. Could not believe when we went up to look at the room that they had a full size fridge, micro wave stove top, dishwasher, living room with a desk, pots and pans and dishes. They were close to grocery, Wal Marts, Krogers and gas stations to get too. I would so come back and stay here if I travel again. Service was top notch.

Room Tip: Room are very large and very clean
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review of your wonderful experience with us! We are so pleased we were able to make your stay as enjoyable as it was and deliver our top notch service to you. We hope to see you back in our hotel really soon under better circumstances!!

Madison, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Check in was fast and friendly! We didn't need a room with a kitchen but this was a last minute hotel change. Ramada was so bad that we left it. Checked in and looked at the room. It was spotless! The kitchen had fridge, (full size) micro, stove top, dishwasher, living room with hide away bed and a bedroom. Pots, pans, dishes, flat ware and so on. Because of the set up, it didn't have that hotel feeling but more of a home feeling. I was able to relax and get comfortable. Next time I need a room for more then one night I will chose this chain again. If I get back to this area, I will stay at this extended stay hotel!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
psklaus, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Sherry H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are very pleased you were able to experience that "home like" feeling during your recent visit. We strive to bring that sentiment to each and every guest that stays with us. We hope to see you back in the area very soon!

Riverside, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Couldn't have ask for a better stay.  Rooms are clean, and well appointed.  Free clothes washers and dryers,  newspapers and a nice selection of free movies..  Staff is great.  This property is a little off the beaten path, but is still within sight of grocery, walmart, gas  station and other convenience stores.  Easy highway access.  The ONLY quirk was the front doors are a little odd, but in no way distracts from the amenities and professional staff.

Room Tip: Given the choice of the other 3 hotels in the immediate area, this is the way to go. Quiet, secure...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
psklaus, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Steven5959,

Thank you for your continued business here at the Candlewood Suites Indy-South. We acknowledge the oddness of our front door motion sensors as they are designed in an extremely sensitive manner as a continued security to our guests. We appreciate all of your wonderful comments and we hope to be of continued service to you for years to come!

Carthage, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We always stay here on our trip to Pittsburgh, PA. It is not only our 1/2 way stop but when you find a hotel that is always clean, comfortable and great service why bother changing. I see the other reviews and have to admit that we have never had any issues. We get two rooms close togeather and they are always clean. The area is good for grabbing a meal and the hotel is quite. We have no complaints at all! Will stay again and again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
psklaus, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Hothead40,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate your sincere feedback and your loyalty to our property. We understand you have many lodging choices while in the area and are glad you continue to choose us! We look forward to serving you on your next visit to the area.

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have stayed at IHG hotels my entire life (Age 42), and never ever had a problem. Upon recommendation by a friend of my girlfriend, we decided to book a weekend at Candlewood Suites for a wedding in Greenwood, IN. I booked online using Priority Club + cash for points so that we could have a nice large room for all of our wedding clothes, and possibly visiting friends from the wedding. My girlfriend even called the "hotel's" front desk the night before to verify that we would have a nice room.

Upon arrival after working a long 10 hour day, and then driving 4 hours to Indianapolis, I was told by the front desk that my credit card had not been charged for any points and that the stay was covered under my existing Priority Club Rewards. Immediately I knew something was wrong, as I did not have enough points to cover the room that I had asked for, and that is why I had paid $40 additionally a night, so that I could have a nicer room. I tried to explain this to the 2 people at the front desk (believe their names were Jay & Kailee), but they insisted the reservation was correct, so I proceeded up to my suite. After carrying all my Luggage and Wedding clothes to the room, the first thing I noticed was the horrible disgusting smell of mildew in the room. It was so disgusting that I had a headache just after being g in the room for only a few minutes. In addition to the foul smelling room, I also was booked into a smaller studio suite, after I was under the impression the room was to be a much larger suite.

I immediately called the front desk, and they refused to come up to the room to take a look. They also told me at first, that they didn't, have any better rooms and even if they did I would not be given one since I had not paid for anything additional. I again tried to explain that I indeed did pay $40 a night more for the upgrade. The guy at the front desk (again, believe his name was Jay) would not listen to me, and said, "YOU NEED TO CALL PRIORITY CLUB", as he proceeded to tell me that I had not paid additional money for points.

After about a 15 minute argument, he tells me that if I pay the additional $40 a night that they can book me into a nicer suite. I explained to him that is what we had originally wanted all along, and that I did not have any problem paying the $40 extra charge since that is what I had paid for online e in the first place, and mentioned again that it was strange that he didn't have a record of me paying already, but he told me that nothing had been charged to my credit card.

After the long ordeal I was happy to have the nicer suite, and thought everything was resolved. The man at the front saw me carrying additional clothes up to the suite, and apologized for the horrid smelling room they originally gave me.

For the most part the stay at the hotel was OK, but it's definately not like staying at a Holiday Inn. This "hotel" does not do room service on a daily basis, and if you want fresh towels YOU have to carry your dirty towels down to the front desk. They also did not supply additional soap & toiletries during our stay....luckily we had brought extras ourselves. The front desk also closes early I think it was 11:30, so good luck if you have a problem or arrive late.

I also wanted to mention that during most of my stay, the front desk staff was not at the counter, but could be seen smoking right outside the front door. To me this reflected poorly on the hotel, and especially as to management. In addition to walking through the employees smoke as I walked into the "hotel" there was also a smell of raw sewage in the air. This smell was near the front door our entire stay.

On the last day of our stay we inquired about the bill, because of all the problems we had experienced, and I was told by the morning crew of the front desk, that "nobody is booked for the room that you say that you are staying in". My girlfriend and I went down and spoke to the front desk, and it appeared that everything was OK upon checkout, or so I thought....

Fast forward one week, and I check my credit card statement, and find out that I have been charged twice. I was charged $80 by Priority Club Rewards and then charged $85+ by the front desk. After calling the "hotel's" front desk without resolution, I then tried to resolve the matter with Priority Club & IHG's Corporate Office. I was told by Corporate that I would receive a phone call from the hotel manager....Over 24 hours later I have not heard back from him. I suspect that since tomorrow is Easter I will not receive a call within the 48 hours that Corporate assured me they would.

I again called the "hotel's" front desk tonight trying to get resolution. The same man that I dealt with on check-in answered, and I asked to speak with the hotel manager. He told me that he was in earlier today, but had left for the evening. I was upset by the fact that the General Manager would not return my call, even though I had called the hotel several times, and have logged an incident with corporate. The man on the phone was rude, and basically lied, and more or less told me I was stuck with the bill. At this point, I was very angry with him and called corporate again and logged a second complaint.

Over the past week I have probably spent 6 hours trying to get this resolved. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND CANDLEWOOD SUITES, and IHG is about to lose a lifelong customer if this charge is not removed.

Mark M.
St. Louis, MO

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
psklaus, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Mark M,

As general manager of the Candlewood Indy South, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear about your billing confusion between your charges here and with the Priority Club points program you purchased. As per our conversations here at the hotel and also your contacts to Priority Club Rewards we hope this situation was resolved to your complete satisfaction. If you have any further questions on the points promotion packages please feel free to re-contact one of our offices or the number on back of your PC card. We hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you’re passing through. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Phil Klaus-General Manager

Been to Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South? Share your experiences!