“We will definitely stay here again!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Greensburg
Vincennes, Indiana
“We will definitely stay here again!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My husband and I arrived a few hours before check-in. I asked the receptionist if we could have our room early because my husband had become ill. She called housekeeping and our room was ready within 25 minutes. The hotel as a whole was very clean. Our room was nice and spacious especially the bathroom. Very nice amenities for the price. The key card enrty for the side doors was a nice security feature. The hotel is also very pet friendly. We will stay here again when we are in the area. The continental breakfast was okay but there are plenty of places to eat in the immediate area. Nice location and plenty of secure parking.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fayetteville, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

First, the receptionist was wonderful, very professional and friendly. It was about 40 degrees outside and IN THE ROOM. I had to wait over an hour for it to get warm enough to dress for bed. The internet connection was on/off. The television reception was awful, but I'm not sure if it was the service or just a worn out TV. The "easy chairs" looked like Salvation Army rejects...dirty and worn out. The round table's top wobbled so bad that I spilled my drink twice! The towels were cheap, thin, small and "scratchy". The hot/cold thingy in the tub has a hair trigger, it's either scalding or freezing...once you get it right, be careful not to back against it, or you're cooked (or frozen)..but plenty of hot water. The breakfast buffet wasn't bad...assorted pastries, cereals, juices, milk, coffee and fruit. But when I saw the bug crawling across the counter I put it all back and opted to wait for McDonalds after checkout. I live in hotels about 340 days a year and I would expect this for a $30 or $40 a day room, but not $75, which is what I paid!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

My husband, a friend, and I stayed at the Lee's Inn Greensburg and found the room dirty and the place run down. I found a liquid ant trap by the bed and when I picked it up I got the liquid all over my hands. This could be a hazard for children. We would have been better off to stick with the major chains.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — dirty room/ ant trap
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2007

We had been on the road 12 hrs, a storm was coming, and this was the only place which would allow our beautiful, well-behaved pet. I have NEVER stayed in such a dump! And at $70 something, it wasn't a cheap dump, either.

The shag carpet was filthy -- I wouldn't put it in a dog's house -- and the whole room smelled heavily of carpet granules. The wallpaper was peeling, the furniture was stained, the tv was straight out of the 1960's, the toilet had black mold, as did the shower curtain. The sheets, however, looked clean ( I checked for bed bug tracks and there were none) as did the bedspreads. The towels also looked clean, but when I dried my hands, they came away with long auburn hair on them.

My husband commented that he couldn't believe I didn't walk right out, but with a pet, you are sort of stuck if you haven't planned. The place looked decent from the outside, and I had pretty much begged another hotel to let our dog stay, to no avail. I will purchase one of those "vacationing with your pet" books the next time so I won't be stuck playing "track down that referral."

We skipped the breakfast buffet in the morning, because with rooms that look like this, who knows what would be in those muffins. The pictures on this site must have been taken when the place was built because they absolutely don't reflect our experience.

I wrote the owners about the deplorable conditions, but they never replied.

• Liked — location right off the interstate and near restaurants
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
Indianapolis, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2007

I stayed at this hotel because I made my reservation through the "name your own price" system on Priceline. Every other time I have made this reservation I stayed at the Fairfield Inn down the street, which we have thoroughly enjoyed. We expected nothing less of the Lees Inn, especially since we put a higher price in since it was a holiday weekend.

The outside appeared modern, and the front desk area was clean enough. The first clue that something wasn't exactly right was that we were given an old fashioned key for the room. I thought that was a bit strange.

When we got into the room (117), we immediately noticed the peeling wallpaper on the walls, the huge water stains on the ceiling. Further investigation showed cracked lamp shades, missing bulbs in lamps, and mold on the wallpaper in the bathroom. The mattresses were very uncomforable and seemed to be more than 10 years old based on their condition. On top of that, the television volume would not go down more than 1/2 way.

I decided then to plug in my laptop and check my e-mail. One problem: there was no high speed internet connection as advertised when I made my reservation. I checked with the front desk attendant who stated they didn't have one because "our hotel sucks". At least she was honest.

I feel like Lees Inn is misrepresenting their hotels. Our room looked nothing like the one in the picture and there was no high speed internet as promised - this is definitely NOT A 2 star hotel. I am sending a letter to Lee's management at both the Greensburg location and corporate as well as Priceline, and will report any updates here.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The unclean room
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay at the Fairfield Inn down the street instead for a pleasant stay in Greensburg
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Huntington, WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2006

My husband and I stayed in the Lees Inn as a nice halfway point between Cincinnati and Indianapolis while traveling through, as both of those cities can get expensive. For the money/options in the immediate area, yes I would stay there again if I had the same choices.

The Inn is getting pretty dated with a clean appearance; however, we noticed mold on the shower curtain, stains on the sheets (looked like rust), and plenty of dust in corners and places that the cleaning people can readily get to. Carpets are very dated and didn't appear that clean to me, take a pair a slippers or socks.

The ice machine was broken while we were there and there is only one. It appeared to have been "broken" for quite a while...no broken water line draining onto the floor or signs of recent use.

Access to fast food is abundant. Chili's is next door and some waffle house is across the street.

We paid $65 +/- with taxes included and we've stayed in far worse places for that price as well as far better. With that said, you see my 3-star (neutral) rating. Plenty of positives and negatives, just depends on where your focus is.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2003

What a wonderful establishment! One evening while driving I stopped off on the exit and decided to try and non-branded hotel and I was pleasently surprised! The hotel was extremely clean and comfortable. In the morning I woke to a continential breakfast that was very fresh. The whole staff was friendly and very helpful as I was not familiar with the area. I will be a Lees Inn loyal customer for a long time now!

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!