“Great hotel, good stay, was well rested!” 5 of 5 stars

Double Points
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Greensburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Troy, Ohio
“Great hotel, good stay, was well rested!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

I stayed two nights here for business last month in April. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly and helpful staff - since I didn't know my way around. The room was pretty much what I expected it to be. Clean, roomy, nice decent room. Good sized tv and the desk was also very helpful! Breakfast was from 6am to 10am I believe, which was perfect since I had to be up early. The breakfast was more then I ever expected since it came free. Eggs, hash browns, fruit, cereal, pastries, toast, ect. Great variety and it was all very good! After getting back to the hotel that night, I used the pool. Nobody else was using it(which made it nicer) everything was clean and orderly. Good sized pool and hot tub. I also used there buisness center which made things really handy! I also got to use the fitness center for a short time as well and found it enjoyable. Overall the hotel was great and I didn't have any bad experiences. They even let me check out later due to buisness meeting overlapping the time. I would stay here again if I ever need to come back. The town itself doesn't have much to do, I guess theres a casino nearby though.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kannapolis, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Greensburg while traveling from North Carolina to Chicago for a Naval graduation. We chose Greensburg because it was a distance we were comfortable traveling in one day and because it was located outside of a larger city, allowing for less traffic during rush hours.

Words cannot properly describe the cleanliness of this hotel. It looked and felt like it had literally just opened its doors that very day. Everything even smelled very fresh. The room was incredibly spacious. Internet access was accessible and easy. The complimentary breakfast is standard, but the area to sit and eat was very comfortable and relaxing.

When we checked out the next morning, we saw what we couldn't see the night before, that we were in the middle of farms. Coming from North Carolina, we don't get to see sunrises because of all the trees. We actually saw the sunrise that morning. Because there isn't a lot of traffic in this area, it is very quite and very peaceful.

Should we ever travel to Indiana again, this is one place to which we would definitely return.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

Stayed here earlier this week as a stopover on the way to Cincinnati. The hotel looked very new, and I was told that it was exactly 1 year old this past weekend. The location is great - as far as ease of access to/from I-74, it's also surrounded by farms, which to me seemed pretty peaceful. Greensburg is Greensburg - it is a small farm town, so of course it's not going to have a lot of restaurant/activity choices, but that's not the fault of the hotel. There are the normal fast food places, and then there's a new Buffalo Wings place just a very short drive (~ 1 mile) from the hotel.

I stay at Hamptons quite frequently, and now I've become a big fan of the Hampton Inn "& Suites" - they really do offer more than the standard Hampton. The common areas are typically bigger, nicer, and newer (HI&S are in general newer), and there are larger rooms. I was put into a room with a King Bed and sofa-sleeper, and PLENTY of room in which to move around. Everything in the hotel and room was fairly clean - maybe in part because the hotel was so new - not the best I've ever seen, but acceptable.

The business center was great - two full workstations with PC and Printer attached - can print color as well. It's in a separate room right off the main lobby. There's also a "pantry" which is nice - it has small snacks, drinks, etc. which is a really nice feature. The fitness center was huge - especially for a Hampton property. It was basically two-rooms in size, where most are just one-room in size. Consequently, it had multiple treadmills, bikes/steppers, free weights, benches, etc. Really the best fitness center I've seen in a "budget" category hotel.

Re: dining...the breakfast area is large and bright, with ample seating room. The selection is standard Hampton fare, quantities were plentiful, and refreshed often - not sure what the issue was with prior reviewers, but it was just what I expected for a Hampton property, and was plenty and good enough quality that it was a good experience. Also - very uncommon for a Hampton was the Manager's Happy Hour (not sure exactly what they called it) from 5 - 7 with free (I think so, didn't attend, but saw it) beer and wine, and snack mix. That's a really nice touch, especially with the economy as it's been lately, and other properties cutting back on things like this. That was really nice, and the staff (all around) were pleasant and helpful.

Only minuses from the stay were that the sink faucet sprayed a bit and the alarm clock light was almost out. Minor nits that were reported to the staff at checkout, and they said they would get them taken care of.

To recap, great place, great convenient location, staff friendly and helpful, and for a mid-week rate of $75 - tough to beat, I'll definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
GreenGM, manager at Hampton Inn and Suites - Greensburg, responded to this review, October 1, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am grateful for your observations and hope other travelers see your review and gain confidence in our ability to exceed their expectations with our larger fitness center, separate business center and manager's reception! We look forward to your next visit to Greensburg.
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

This hotel has so much potential, if it would only fulfill it.

While traveling down from Chicago to Cincinnati we had picked Greensburg as a stopping point for our trip. We saw that this was the newest hotel in the town so we made it our stayover for the night.

The Good:
Price was good (we were able to haggle down some with the desk clerk)
Free Beer some nights of the week (if that's your thing)

The Bad:
It's out in the middle of nowhere (stay said they were waiting for the town to grow out that way towards the nearby Honda Plant)
Cigarette butts on the ground outside the hotel.
The Public restroom had no toilet paper in it the day we arrived, we informed a staff member but the next morning when we left there was still none in there.
The Pool area was dirty.
The A/C unit in our room was very loud, it woke me up twice during the night and I'm not a light sleeper.
Before we left in the morning we heard two housekeepers arguing in the hallway
The Breakfast left a lot to be desired

----------------------------------

Bottom Line: If you want a cheap deal and some free beer stay here, otherwise look else where.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
GreenGM, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites - Greensburg, responded to this review, October 1, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your observations helped us identify a lack of access to supplies for refilling public restrooms after our maintenance staff left for the day. We have resolved that and are excited that Hampton is unveiling an updated breakfast this month! We hope these needed changes help us fulfill our potential as a hotel worth recommending to others!
Meridian, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2008

Pro's:
Staff was friendly, room was clean and decent size.
Bed's are always comfortable at HI's.
Decor was new and very high tech...LCD's and HD in room.
Free Internet.

Con's:
Heater was extremely loud...woke me out of a dead sleep. I shut it in the middle of the night, and could actually hear the heater in the room next to me going on/off.
Not much around. Few restaurants down the road, but mostly fast food.
Breakfast was not so good...typically HI has a decent spread.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites - Greensburg? Share your experiences!