“Graduation weekend dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Mishawaka is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 48 Restaurants in Granger
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Grape Rd
Chesterton, Indiana
“Graduation weekend dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have eaten at Ruth Chris restaurants here and others around the country. The quality of the food served is fantastic. Service was excellent. To much staff at the door for my liking. I think
When I come to a restaurant and see a lot of wait staff at the door it says to me to much overhead. There seemed to be to door welcoming over kill. The drinks where very well done.
Ruth Chris is pricey but great. I cannot help to think how their cost can be controlled for the consumer better if they manage to their staff better.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Good but pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Went there with family to celebrate grandson's graduation from Notre Dame law school. Service was excellent food was good but not exceptional. Beef prices have gone up but thought they were s little pricey .

Granger, Indiana
“This restaurant is a class act.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have been going to Ruth Chris restaurants all over the country for the past twenty plus years. 95% of the visits have been flawless (check out my February 8th review) until my wife and I went for my birthday on February 19th. We had an unpleasant experience with our waiter that put a damper on what should have been an enjoyable experience. I was going to write a negative review but decided instead to relay my experience to the manager. I talked to the manager, Sally Fraser on the phone and explained my frustration with our dinner and she asked for my contact information. Within a couple days I received a warm note from Sally along with an enticement to come back and give them the opportunity to make it right. We did just that last night and once again had a flawless meal from the greeting at the door to when we walked out after my wife having the prime rib special and I having the large filet. We will continue to make Ruth Chris our special occasion restaurant; “thanks Sally for stepping up to the plate and making things right.”

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Notre Dame, United States
“Vindictive desk guy but otherwise quite good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We arrived late (20 minutes). Misawaka and Granger get confusing. We got lost and were punished by the guy at the desk (I hope he is not a manager....bald, 6'4'' bouncer type, no smile and sad face and vindictive). He said it would be a "couple of minutes." We looked into the dining room to see a number of empty tables. We waited, and waited. When he went into the bar with what seemed to be friends...I (5'3") went the desk to ask why we were still waiting. His temp (she seemed kinder and actually looked me inthe eye) repied, "your reservation was for 6:30." I said, "Yes, we were late; but why are we still waiting?" I saw the menus and napkins on the shelf and as she grabbed them she said that they were ready to seat us. He (the bouncer type without a smile) once we were seated, came to the table to apoligize and to 'explain to us' that "you were 15 minutes late so we assumed you were a no show. We gave your table up and we had to wait for another table to become available for you." His attitude was offensive.
I will not return to this resatraunt. Why? The desk guy/manager kept us waiting to "punish" a late arrival. This does not happen unless the place has lines and no shows. The door greetings are supeficial and sexist. The desk guy was awful.
On the other hand the sevice was very good once we got to a table. The server was great. He was very welcoming; he was attentive and timed things well. If not for John the experience would have been terrible. He made the meal enjoyable.
You can always find good food and good steaks, sometimes for half the price of Ruth's Chris. But please threat guest as guests.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Granger, Indiana
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Never any issues nor would I expect any here. Everything is usually flawless. Seeking the chocolate mousse dessert recipe made here! Pass it along if you happen to get it.

Visited June 2013