“This place should be allowed to have the Courtyard brand” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Goshen

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites Goshen to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Goshen
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1930 Lincolnway East, Goshen, IN 46526 (Formerly Courtyard by Marriott Goshen)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Goshen
Oregon
“This place should be allowed to have the Courtyard brand”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

This is the exception to the Courtard norm. The rooms are dated and warn. The whole place is in need of an upgrade. The rooms are clean enough, but it's just not comfortable. It's dreary, the walls, floors, ceiling and drapes should have been replaced years ago. I was disappointed that this place carried the Courtyard brand. I depend on the brand and usually select the courtyard over other properties because they are consistently clean and comfortable. Also, this place reaked of carpet deodorizer. I had to wash everything that I brought to the room to get rid of the smell. The staff was nice, the room was cheap, and breakfast was pretty good, but I would encourage you to stay at the new holiday inn express up the street if you're visiting Goshen.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the Hampton so you can get access to the Hamptons wifi.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
goshengm, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Goshen, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
I do apologize for your less than enjoyable stay and find it very troubling that you had such problems. You will be glad to know however, that we have just placed brand new pillow top mattresses in nearly all of our rooms and they are nice! We will also be receiving new flat screen TV's in all of our rooms and several other updates in the very near future. We are still Goshen's premier hotel and hope you will give us a second chance on your next visit. We are carrying on in the Marriott tradition of excellence that have made Marriott an internationally recognized name for 83 years and counting. Have a great day.

Derrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

After reading all of the reviews, many of which were quite negative, we were worried, but since we didn't feel we wanted to change reservations at the last minute, we went ahead, and were glad we did.

The rooms, bathroom, hallways, lobby, pool, and other areas were extremely clean and pleasant. We had absolutely no concerns at all about cleanliness. Breakfast was advertised prominently as costing a certain amount, so we were expecting that. The buffet was very good and the service very attentive.

The only thing we would have liked was WiFi in the room. It was available in the lobby, so we took our computers there to use. Our grandchildren enjoyed the inside pool, since it was pretty cold outside and the outdoor pool wasn't available. We liked the popcorn machine in the lobby, the availability of tea or coffee there, and the helpfulness of the desk staff. They were great at answering all our questions.

Others have mentioned the lack of an elevator, but this didn't bother us. Going up one flight didn't seem very difficult.

We had 10 people with us for a family reunion and everyone was quite satisfied with the accomodations.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, you may want to choose a room on the first floor, since there is no ele...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
goshengm, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Goshen, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thank you for your feedback and we can't wait to see you on your next visit to Central Indiana, and hope you all the best between now and then!
Belleville, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Travel alot and this is the first hotel that I have stayed at in the past 10 years that didn't have a fridge, should have asked. Bed was like sleeping on a rock, shower head was broke had to tie a towel around it to keep water in shower. Looked like mold in the shower my girlfriend wouldn't go near it. Pool was freezing they don't believe in heating it. You also have to pay extra for breakfast each morning, I have seen this before however it is at hotels with restraunts not just a couple warmers on a table. Told the person at the desk when checking out and told he was getting right on it as he stood there in front of me with a smirk.

Room Tip: don't stay here you will regret it. Go somewhere that cares for your bussiness.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
I am very sorry to hear about your experience and do hope you will contact me on your next visit and be my personal guest in one of our suites. We do have regrigerators available upon request and have recently received new pillow top mattresses (you will be glad to know). Additionally we are in the process of retiling and updating our bathroom showers and tubs. Our pool is kept at a constant 82 degrees as is required by Marriott and we have gourmet made to order omeletes, eggs and french toast available in addition to the buffet daily. I am sorry my staff was not more empathetic upon your check out and I look forward to hosting you and your family as my guest on your next visit. All the best between then and now and I thank you for your honest feedback.

New York City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Not up to Courtyard (Marriott) standards.
Room A/C did not work well
Hotel had a "perfume" smell to it.
Hallway carpet smelled from chemicals (too much rug shampoo?)
Heated indoor poll wasn't heated
Had reservations for 2 nights..checked out after one.
Front desk personnel were very nice.

Room Tip: Stay on 1st floor...2 floors ....no elevators
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
As I have mentioned to other guests who have shared some of your concerns, I agree we were badly in need of some updates. But you will be glad to know we have just received a semi full of beautiful brand new pillow top mattresses, flat screen TV's are on the way and we are ordering the new tiles for the guest showers and bathrooms as we speak! As for the odor, I regret to tell you it was all a result of poor timing on my part as I had just had all the hallway carpets shampood in preparation for the busy week of your stay. So I understand your concerns, I do hope you will give us another chance though and I would encourage everyone visiting the Goshen area to come and see the hotel for yourself prior to making a decision based off of your poor experience. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Goshen and all the best to you between then and now, I thank you for your feedback to help make us better.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We were looking for a spot in northern Indiana for a family reunion and settled on the Courtyard by Marriott in Goshen. They had a good rate and the amenities we were looking for. We had a great experience there! We ended up having a smaller group than we expected but there were 21 of us, ranging from age 2 to 81, and we were all happy customers. Got a great rate, the rooms were clean and well maintained, and the GM and staff really went above and beyond our expectations in being pleasant and accommodating. The breakfast was excellent and extensive as well for a hotel in this price range--oatmeal, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. Very happy with our decision to stay there! Only cons of this hotel: No elevator to the second floor, and no wifi in the rooms (an ethernet cable is provided though).

Room Tip: Ask for first floor room if carrying luggage up the stairs will be a problem for you!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
I thank you for your review, I couldn't have said it better myself. I hope all of the folks out there utilizing this fine web site will see that we truly are a great place to stay and it is guests like you who make coming to work everyday a pleasure sir. We hope to see you on your next family reunion in the area and appreciate your honest feedback. The Courtyard by Marriott in Goshen,Indiana Amish Country's premier hotel. All the best!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Had made a 4 night reservation almost two months in advance of staying at this property. Upon arrival, on a Wednesday, was given NO option but a second floor room. No where in the reservation description did it bother to note there is NO elevator at this property. It was take it or leave it. Also, led to believe the continental breakfast was free-wrong again. Finally, couldn't get the air conditioner to moderate-either 50 or 90 in the room, no in between setting possible.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Buffalo, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

This Courtyard by Marriott was previously a Carlton Lodge, so it does not have the typical floorplan designed by Marriott. Thus, the hotel does not have an elevator for rooms on the second florr. The desk staff is friendly and offers to assist with luggage, but guests on the second floor are always forced to climb the stairs. There is free internet access in rooms and on computers in the lobby, and the hotel provides free popcorn and cookies as snacks. There is also an indoor-outdoor pool with a hot tub. There is a breakfast buffet, but it is not complimentary. I would say that this is a nice place to stay if you can get a room on the first floor. If not, I would suggest staying at the new Hampton Inn right next door.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Goshen? Share your experiences!