“I will never stay here again, but you might find it to be a wonderful place.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Inn

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Goshen
Penetanguishene, Canada
“I will never stay here again, but you might find it to be a wonderful place.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

This is just me, I will never stay here again. If you have pet allergies, then be aware... I have pet allergies and when I booked the room, I stated that I wanted to reserve a pet free room. When I checked in I asked (just to be sure) if my room was pet free, and from that point on all I got was attitude from the lady clerk behind the counter. "they are a pet friendly hotel, they don’t keep track of which rooms had pets in because they are allowed in any room". I found that odd because any of the hundreds of hotels we have stayed in, if they are pet friendly, they only allow pets in certain rooms, not every or any room in the hotel. I asked if I could have a room that a pet wasn't in last night and again I got the attitude.. "they have many regulars and we can go else where to another hotel if we want"
I decided to stay, but during the night and the next morning I was all stuffed up and had to take my allergy pills. I bet she put me in a room she knew had pets in it very recently just to spite me.
There is no WiFi in this hotel, so bring your ethernet cable to plug into the data port. This is an older hotel, built in the 1940's. The walls are paper thin, so you hear your neighbors talking or their tv playing. The furniture, bed, TV etc need to be updated to todays standards
The only plus that I can think of is that breakfast is served till 11:00 Am... now that I like. I didn't have to set an alarm to wake me up for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chicagoland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Have stayed here a few times and anytime in Goshen will stay here if we can. No frills, good place to stay the night.

Very very clean, owner takes huge pride in the business and its family heritage.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Hotel was great, breakfast hot and ready, good location, friendly staff. Very nice stay. No problems at all.

Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I have never stayed at a Best Western before. But I did not have reservations in the city and gave them a call. Scott the front desk clerk in the evening is the reason I chose Best Western. Very helpful, friendly. It was a great choice. Rooms were super clean. Had a great morning breakfast. Even had fresh popped popcorn in the afternoon, DVD's to borrow. My only complaint is that the bathroom outlet had one plug-in and that was used for hairdryer. I also use a curling iron and there was no where to plug. Not made for a lady traveler!!! Had larger fridge...microwave. Nice

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Heartland Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

The employees go out of their way to make sure you are happy and your needs are provided. The breakfast was really good. The rooms are pretty much standard, but were neat and tidy. They even provided DVD's free of charge. We will definitely stay here again when we are in the area.

Clarkston, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed one night in Goshen (nice town by the way...friendly people). Very close to the County Fairgrounds. The room was what you would expect from a Best Western hotel. Clean and comfortable. Two things stand out:
1. The free breakfast in the morning. Do it yourself type in a small (not crowded) area. Much better than any I have seen in the past. Excellent food.
2. The owner leaves his home and cell number in the room. Says if you can't rate his hotel excellent to call him. Anytime. I have never seen anything like that before. He obviously takes great pride in his establishment and stands behind it.

Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Don from Michigan

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Larwill, In
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

When we pulled up I wasn't sure. Outside could use a little work. Inside room was clean and comfortable. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was awesome!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn? Share your experiences!