“Great place for lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, American
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My spouse and I stopped here for lunch on our way to another town. The sign said to seat ourselves and in no time a server brought us menus and asked about drinks. This seemed like a place locals favor and there are lots of sandwiches and sides available. I had the Italian Beef and my spouse had the Malibu (which is a hot ham and Swiss sandwich). Menu is available online, breakfast available all day. Portions are generous, prices very reasonable and service was prompt. The restaurant had a handful of local customers there during our visit but we were having a late lunch. Several kinds of pie are available for dessert but we had no room. Server kept coming by to refill drinks and check on us. We would have no problem stopping here again when in the area.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Crapo, Maryland
“Dated atmosphere and then some.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

While the food isn't terrible, the service certainly is. The wait staff is rude and they'll gossip about customers while preparing their meal in the kitchen. Don't ever arrive as a walk-in and want to carry something out. Hell will freeze over before you get your food.

The atmosphere of the place is dated. Kinda reminds me of a 1970's hotdog stand. If you're here in Goshen and looking for something to eat. There's a Taco Bell just a few blocks away... Hint, hint. If that doesn't get you then go have a look at one of their web sites (tonysfamousegrill.com/.net). They both appear to have been created by an amateur - just like the decor of the restaurant, itself.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Suffolk, Virginia
“Love this little diner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Once you walk in it's like your in "waffle House" but, much cleaner! Our food was SO delicious! I cant wait to go back! I got the Chicken fried steak, my husband got the "famous" Cheeseburger and my 4 yr. old got the pancakes and bacon and boy the bacon slices were large and wide! She nearly ate the whole thing by herself! We cleaned all of our plates and then dessert which is no short of a typical diner - pie experience! NO complaints at all! Oh, and the price was very comparable.. the 3 of us cost about $40! WORTH IT!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westville, Indiana
“6 stars!! Shakes Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We ate here after visiting Black Pine Animal Sanctuary in Albion. This place was a surprise. The food is plentiful and priced right. The milkshakes are totally worth the 1 1/2 drive from where we live. The food is too! Eat here it is worth your time. Staff friendly, efficient and deserving of a generous tip.

Ohio
“I'm hesitant of any place called "famous"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Went here with the family for dinner. Their kids spaghetti dish was made overly spicy to the point that one of my kids couldn't eat it. Found their half-pound cheeseburger to be ok but nothing special. Place serves potato chips instead of fries. Wait staff was friendly.

Visited March 2014