“Nice place overall.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lane's Motel

Lane's Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in French Lick
Lane's Motel
You added Lane's Motel to your Saves list
8483 West Highway 56, French Lick, IN 47432   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in French Lick
Southern Indiana
“Nice place overall.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

Okay people it isn't the resort....however, it was nice, quiet and by far an awesome price. If the weather is right you can walk to resort/casino, store, or around town. They have a pool, and fridge with a microwave!(at resort no fridge or microwave) The people at the front desk were very nice to us. Beats prices at the resorts in town by far. They also have camping ground/area for RVs which sets off from the motel, which is cool. Big parking area that wraps all around building. Fishermen with boats were there from Patoka Lake that weekend, and still had plenty of parking avail. Would go again, hands down.

• Liked — The price.
  • Disliked — It wasn't the resort.
  • Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

very small quaint hotel thats within walking distance to everything. Rooms came with fridge and microwave. Our room looked and smelt clean. I wouldnt recommend this hotel for people with small children because the walls are paper thin...allowing all sounds to be heard from the next room that may be suitable for little ones.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Frankfort KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I took a quick trip to French Lick mostly because of boredom. I stayed at Lane's and enjoyed every minute. I like Mom and Pop motels where you can park at the front door. The people who checked me in were not the warmest people, but the room was clean with a high def flat screen tv. I watched football and NASCAR and relaxed. It was great.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2008

on 3/19/08 my gf call for reservation,she ask for a confirmation number to make sure we would have room when the time came.the front desk ,said they don't give confirmation number,she said how we to know that our rooms we be available when we arrived,the guy told her you just have to trust me,then my gf,said that she read some reviews on the motel where peoples call ahead of time and got the same bs,but had no rooms when they arrived. he whole attitude change,he got very rude with her and i step in ask that all she wanted was to make sure we had rooms,they hung up the phone on us three time,so in my opinion i wouldn't let my dog stay there and referr anyone esle to stay there,very rude peoples who need to learn to treat peoples with respect not attitude JCB-Evansville

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — deciding not to stay there
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

I thought it was a very nice place to stay. We did not want to spend $200 a night to stay at the resort, so we decided to try it out and it was just fine! The room was very clean and the staff was very nice. That's pretty much all that matters to me, cleanliness and service. The pillows were flat, but next time I'll just take my own! No big deal! We thought we received quite a deal for $77 a night! We would definitely stay at Lane's Motel again.

• Liked — it was clean and close to the casino.
  • Disliked — The pillows
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2007

I've stayed at Lane's Motel several times over the past 16 years and have never experienced anything but the cleanest rooms and friendliest service. Whomever posted the Totally Gross review must have been a bit upset their friends were staying somewhere they would've maybe liked but couldn't for whatever reason. This motel is homey, clean, relaxed and an ideal spot for one wanting to get away from it all. The pool is sparkling and crisp, perfect for a hot southern Indiana afternoon. I would recommend this charming motel to my friends and family and anyone else wanting a nice room for a great price. They even can arrange shuttle service to the nearby casino!

• Liked — Friendly helpfull staff, consistantly clean rooms, location.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

I was born and raised in French Lick and Lane's Motel has been in town as long as I can remember. My husband and I took a short trip back to my hometown while we were in the state so that I could show him where I grew up. We wanted to stay at the French Lick Springs Hotel or the West Baden Springs Hotel but we got in late at night and were leaving the next morning and couldn't see paying $300+ for a room to just sleep in. So, we stopped by Lane's. It was probably close to 11pm and the office door was locked and the lights were off but we rang the bell and Randy came and let us in. We got to the room and it was very clean and the beds were surprisingly very comfortable. I didn't see an ice machine (I'm sure they have one somewhere though) but we didn't need one since it was so late and basically we were just sleeping there. The shower was nice...I honesly can't find a thing wrong with our room. Of course it is dated, the furniture, carpet and bedspread were all old but were all very clean. There was a mini fridge that kept our drinks cold overnight and also a coffee maker, I believe. The next morning when we checked out, Randy was super nice and the lady cleaning the rooms was very friendly as well. I would definately do another overnight here. If you're looking for ammenities, pay the resort prices and stay there, you won't be happy here. I'm REALLY picky about the places we stay so I was afraid I wouldn't be happy here but I totally was. Their rooms were only $66 a night. I wasn't expecting much for $66. But, Lane's passed with flying colors! We've spent 5 times that on a room before that was not nearly as comfortable or clean as this was. If you want a retro-motel experience that is clean, comfortable, safe and inexpensive...stay at Lane's!

• Liked — The bed was extremely comfortable!
  • Disliked — I guess the dated decor...
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Lane's Motel? Share your experiences!