“Very Nice Place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lane's Motel

Lane's Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in French Lick
Lane's Motel
You added Lane's Motel to your Saves list
8483 West Highway 56, French Lick, IN 47432   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in French Lick
Indiana
“Very Nice Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

I thought it was a very nice place to stay. We did not want to spend $200 a night to stay at the resort, so we decided to try it out and it was just fine! The room was very clean and the staff was very nice. That's pretty much all that matters to me, cleanliness and service. The pillows were flat, but next time I'll just take my own! No big deal! We thought we received quite a deal for $77 a night! We would definitely stay at Lane's Motel again.

• Liked — it was clean and close to the casino.
  • Disliked — The pillows
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2007

I've stayed at Lane's Motel several times over the past 16 years and have never experienced anything but the cleanest rooms and friendliest service. Whomever posted the Totally Gross review must have been a bit upset their friends were staying somewhere they would've maybe liked but couldn't for whatever reason. This motel is homey, clean, relaxed and an ideal spot for one wanting to get away from it all. The pool is sparkling and crisp, perfect for a hot southern Indiana afternoon. I would recommend this charming motel to my friends and family and anyone else wanting a nice room for a great price. They even can arrange shuttle service to the nearby casino!

• Liked — Friendly helpfull staff, consistantly clean rooms, location.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

I was born and raised in French Lick and Lane's Motel has been in town as long as I can remember. My husband and I took a short trip back to my hometown while we were in the state so that I could show him where I grew up. We wanted to stay at the French Lick Springs Hotel or the West Baden Springs Hotel but we got in late at night and were leaving the next morning and couldn't see paying $300+ for a room to just sleep in. So, we stopped by Lane's. It was probably close to 11pm and the office door was locked and the lights were off but we rang the bell and Randy came and let us in. We got to the room and it was very clean and the beds were surprisingly very comfortable. I didn't see an ice machine (I'm sure they have one somewhere though) but we didn't need one since it was so late and basically we were just sleeping there. The shower was nice...I honesly can't find a thing wrong with our room. Of course it is dated, the furniture, carpet and bedspread were all old but were all very clean. There was a mini fridge that kept our drinks cold overnight and also a coffee maker, I believe. The next morning when we checked out, Randy was super nice and the lady cleaning the rooms was very friendly as well. I would definately do another overnight here. If you're looking for ammenities, pay the resort prices and stay there, you won't be happy here. I'm REALLY picky about the places we stay so I was afraid I wouldn't be happy here but I totally was. Their rooms were only $66 a night. I wasn't expecting much for $66. But, Lane's passed with flying colors! We've spent 5 times that on a room before that was not nearly as comfortable or clean as this was. If you want a retro-motel experience that is clean, comfortable, safe and inexpensive...stay at Lane's!

• Liked — The bed was extremely comfortable!
  • Disliked — I guess the dated decor...
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Louisville< KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2007

I found strange hairs in the bed, cigarette holes burned in the bed comforter, black stuff in the ice bucket, and what looked like dried feces on the toilet seat. I bought 2 new pillows at the Dollar General store because I was afraid to use theirs. We did not sleep under the comforter. I used the bathroom at a nearby hotel where our friends were staying. Scary!!

• Liked — close to casino
  • Disliked — filth
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2006

Book the rear rooms, away from the street to keep noise level to a minimum. The room wasn't adequately cleaned as I found cigarette ash on the carpet by the bedside, thus the strong smell of cigarettes upon entering the room. The pool appeared adequately chlorinated, but wasn't filled to the marked depth levels. Clean towels were replenished every day. Staff was very informal, you had to fill out your own registration card. Outdoor ice machine wasn't working, you had to go to the office to obtain some.

Stayed June 2006

Been to Lane's Motel? Share your experiences!