“Good food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The setting is nice, the food was okay. I think I expected more. My husband's fish was not cooked through and my dinner was fine, but I expect more than fine when at a nice restaurant.

Visited April 2013

“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We didn't have a reservation but they were very accommodating. Our experience was great from start to finish. The house bread is very good. I had the chef's special chilean sea bass and my husband had the filet mignon. Both were very good! The cherries jubilee was served flambé table side and is wonderful. The long stem rose at the end was a nice touch. We will certainly return.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“1875 Restrauant French Lick Did not meet our expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

They did accommodate a late reservation as it was my birthday. The table was set in the very back next to the servers area adjacent to the food preparation area. We ordered Caesar Salad, Filet Mignons, one medium and one medium well, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Creamed Spinach. The medium well was well done the medium was rare. After I sent back the rare I tasted our Creamed Spinach and it was cold and we sent it back also. I also had some Garlic Mashed potatoes and they were fair. Meanwhile my sweetie finished her dinner and then my Filet arrived. It was better but late in coming. Certainly not very much of a birthday celebration. All in all the dinner was very expensive and very disappointing. It was not our first visit at the French Lick Resort and Casino but it was our first and last at the 1875 Restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Newburgh, Indiana
“Great steak, great setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've eaten here before and it never disappoints. We had steaks which were outstanding. The expereince is worth the extra money.

Visited May 2012
St. Paul
“JUST TOO EXPENSIVE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

GREAT FOOD but it is more expensive then places like Manny's and Ruth Chris...I guess if you win big then you eat here. It was empty when I was there...quality of wine is low for a high end restaurant. Lots of choices just not great choices...servers/bartenders are nice people!

Visited January 2013