“food was fine, service was beyond my expectations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 25 Restaurants in French Lick
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Part of French Lick Resort--on a beautiful golf course. The food is exceptional and very reasonable. The view of the course is breathtaking. The service
Arizona
“food was fine, service was beyond my expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We arrived as a party of 9 at 8:58 PM, 2 minutes before closing! I know that service and kitchen staff dread late arriving parties, but they served us in good cheer and allowed us to have a meal enjoying the superlative view from the outdoor seating area. Food was fine, but it was the service and setting that made the experience great.

Visited July 2013

Kokomo, Indiana
“One of the better places to eat in French Lick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The restaurant is a little outside of town a few miles, not near the casino or West Baden. We ate outside which was OK except for the flies. They were all over the place. The food was decent for the price. Overall it was an enjoyable experience. I would consider eating inside next time due to all the flies though. The view of the golf course was great as was the service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bloomington, Indiana
“Disappointing food but nice view”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had hoped for a better experience but I left wishing i had gone somewhere else for dinner. The service is friendly but terribly slow. The drinks were overpriced and pretty mediocre. My group started with the spinach artichoke dip which seemed to contain no artichoke, and was more of a cheese dip than anything (I'm pretty sure it had cheddar cheese in it, although I don't know why). My friends were okay with it but I think that was more to do with them being starving from having to wait forty minutes for a table. The salads were straight out of a bag, and a cheap bag at that. Of the four of us two had decent food and two had disappointing food. The ribs were good (but not nearly as good as Porky's in Paoli), the fettuccine was good, but the mahi was flavorless, and the mashed potatoes were dry and bland. At least the view is good while you have to wait, and wait, and wait.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
“Bad food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

It is hard to believe that a restaurant could mess up a Caesar Salad, but Hagen's does. Dry lettuce and croutons with a drizzle of dressing is their version. The spinach and artichoke dip was burnt and the ribs, which is their signature dish, were dry.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
chicago
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

View is great, service was great. I have no complaints. My meal was great. Used the shuttle service. Since I was staying at the West Baden. Nice not having to drive.

Visited July 2013