“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 24 Restaurants in French Lick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: 33 Brick Street is a restaurant with great food and an extensive sports memorabilia collection, including many of French Lick's own, Larry Bird's items.
Cynthiana, Indiana
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I had a chef salad, waitress asked me if I wanted grilled or fried chicken on it. I said none, because it already came with bacon & turkey. She chicken came with salad. It didn't! She charged me an extra $3.00 for something I didn't even want to begin with. Salad was good, but you can't really mess one up. Little over priced $11.85 for a salad!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Mid-west
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

After having a wonderful lunch on my own at this establishment a few weeks prior, I suggested to my husband skipping a dinner at the 1875 Steakhouse and instead heading over to 33 Brick Street. We sat at the bar and ordered from the dinner menu. Our appetizer was delivered quickly, but our salads and entrees were not delivered. After watching customers who arrived after us receive their orders, eat, and leave, we asked for our salads. Quite a bit of time elapsed after finishing our salads when we asked for our food. The food arrived somewhat warm but extremely dried out. My husband's steak was like leather and my chicken was very rubbery. Granted, the bar tender was very busy and my husband and I both understood that it was difficult for her to attend to all the people seated at the bar. Still others were served and finished before we inquired about our food. The bar tender promised that the manager would come speak with us, but no one arrived. After waiting quite awhile, we asked to settle up. The bar tender removed the steak from our tab, but we paid for the rubbery chicken. I stopped at the hostess desk to speak with the manager. I explained the situation and he apologized, stating that he was not supposed to be there and was called in at the last minute. His excuse was that the establishment was extremely busy. A spoken (and not very sincere) apology was all that was offered. It was very clear that he was not concerned with whether or not we would consider returning to the establishment. I agree that the place was very busy and I understand with that volume of business the satisfaction of one couple may not be that important to the manager. However, if the restaurant continues to serve the poor quality of food we received and the lack of concern towards customer satisfaction I witnessed, other customers will choose another dining option, just as we will do in the future.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Shepherdsville, Kentucky, United States
“Great sports tribute”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were staying in Frenchlick for the first time we just drove around looking for a good place to eat. We decided on 33 brick street it was nice with all the sports memorabilia. The staff were nice and attentive. Would recommend especially for any sports fan.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Larry Bird!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Average bar food - we had burgers and tenderloins. There isn't a ton of Bird memorabilia, which was disappointing - but we HAD to eat there for Larry Bird.

Visited April 2013
Monticello, Illinois
“Good Burger! Good Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Great little Sports bar. Hamburgers are great size for the money and cooked perfectly. One of the best burgers I've had. Onion rings where great! Lots of sports memorabilia and showcases of autographed Larry Bird history. Definitely worth a stop when in French Lick!

• Visited May 2012