“great atmosphere,food and value” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Montrose, Pennsylvania
“great atmosphere,food and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Very good food at a reasonable price.
Wonderful chef and staff.
Thank you for great dining experience

Visited March 2014

Fremont, Indiana
“Good food and and a menu you can count on.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I think their food is good but their menu does not vary much. I like something unique every once in a while and I don't seem to get it there.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Napoleon, Ohio
“Cute place, very good food. But dirty...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stopped at Timbuktoos with my family for a late lunch after shopping at the nearby Fremont Outlet Malls which are only a couple of minutes away. Reviews consistently pointed to great food and friendly service so we were eager to try it out.

Timbuktoos is situated in a log building just a couple of miles from the outlet mall. From the road it looks like a house so keep an eye out for the sign in front.

To start, my wife ordered a cup of dill potato soup and I had corn chowder. Both were delicious. It was a cold day and the soup really hit the spot.

For her meal, Jill ordered the 1/2 pound Angus burger topped with cheddar cheese. It came cooked to perfection on a great roll with a side of some of the best french fries we have had. The burger was tasty, juicy, and BIG. I had the veggie burger with blackened seasoning and cheddar cheese. This was no Boca burger. Our server said the patties were made in-house. It was cooked so the outside had a nice crispness to it. The inside was creamy smooth, almost like a really good crab cake. It was flavorful and unique. I like veggie burgers and this was among the best.

As we munched happily away, dreaming up excuses for another visit to the outlet shops with lunch to follow, Timbuktoos seemed well on its way to a 5-star rating. And then. My wife. Visited the bathroom.

When she came back around the corner with a mildly shocked expression on her face giving away the sad, but amusing story I was about to hear. The bathroom experience, I knew, had not lived up to expectations. Our needs are met by a reasonable degree of cleanliness, a locking door, and ample supplies of water, soap, and paper products. These bathrooms looked like they had been nicely decorated when the place opened and had not been cleaned or maintained since. The men's room was no different - broken and filthy.

Even worse, as we sat somewhat dejectedly trying to make sense of it all we began to notice that the whole place had a baked in dirtiness to it. The wood floor, window sills, and corners were all coated in black grime. We hadn't noticed as the tables and seats were clean but the more we looked the more we wished the lights had been a little dimmer.

Will we return? Probably. Maybe. The food was *so* good. But I sincerely hope the owner is paying attention to these reviews and decides to pay closer attention to the facilities.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great service ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My spouse and I stoped in for lunch while running some errands. We are moving to Washington and so my husband was only home for the weekend and we hadn't had any time alone with out the kids. Our food was good and our waitress was absolutely amazing. Her name was Mandy and she was one of a kind. Definitely a place we will come back to every weekend until we move......

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Awful microwaved lunch....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stopped in to Timbuktoos around 1:30PM for lunch. We had high hopes that this would be an amazing meal since this was a chef-owned restaurant and he was related to the former owner who ran The Herb Garden, which was an awesome dining experience. Boy, were we disappointed.....The restaurant was empty, the radio was off, and the decor was a not-great eclectic. We were promptly greeted and our drinks brought out in as timely fashion. We ordered the Spinach Balls..a house specialty. There was enough dip for 3 plates on the serving dish. The balls had very little flavor and had the consistency of stuffing. We were not impressed...We then ordered our main meal..the Cod sandwich and a couple of cups of soup. The Asian-inspired soup was lacking in flavor and was very oily. I was charged 50¢ for a stale roll. And, all but the deep-fried fish patty, were obviously reheated in the nuker. Maybe lunch on a Wednesday is not their best time but I doubt we'll be back to find out......

• Visited January 2014