“cabin by the lake atmosphere for sunset” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Fremont
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Sandwiches, Grill
akron
“cabin by the lake atmosphere for sunset”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I have been attending the Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg car show for 20+ years. We always look forward to a night at the "Retreat" for sunset, cocktails, and a good dinner. Our waitress, Molly, was fun, efficient, and knowledgeable about the area. Dinner was wonderful (the salad that comes with dinner, although delicious, was miniscule - could have eaten at least two!). Ask for a table on the windows and watch the sunset. Casual, easy, lake-people vibe.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Freeport, Pennsylvania
“My favorite in the area, sunset views are terrific over the lake. Forget Clay's, go here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I've been in the area several times on business this summer, and I have eaten at the Lake George Retreat four times. I have consistently been served by friendly, attentive wait staff and have enjoyed a view over the lake at sunset each night. The specials are inventive and excellent, better than what you'd expect for the price. I've also had the pizza which is half price on Tuesday evenings and it is very good for a thin crust pie.

I've not used the bar so I can't comment on the service there, but my experiences have all been good and the food constantly exceeds my expectations. Best of all, it's not one of the cookie cutter franchises.

Strongly recommended.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
new york
“Great Wings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Came to the restaurant on our last day at the inn..and we loved it. Great wings, great french onion soup and stick with the sandwiches. Burgers are pretty good. Good fries.

Visited August 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“lousy service by immature waitress and punk bartender”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Wrong beers served by the older bartender who blew us off as interuptions to his TV watching with his buddies at the bar. I know beer, I've been drinking it for 35 years. Young immature waitress became angry and flustered when waiting on a party of 8. Slammed down water and other drinks that splashed on table to make her point of us annoying her. And the best part...I was double billed on my credit card!!! I'm glad I pay attention to my credit card statements. Never going there again (we only went there because our regular place, Dave's Lake Shack was closed due to a power outage) Suggest you try Dave's for a better experience!

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale
“Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Good food, good service. A local non-franchised facility that is what a restaurant should be.

Visited June 2012