“Sad to report” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Franklin, Indiana
“Sad to report”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We were going to have dinner here the other night, as it's our favorite local Mexican restaurant. We were terribly disappointed to find out that it had closed a few days before. The restaurant business is a tough one. Sorry to see it go.

Visited April 2014

Colorado
“Very Good Food, Lousy Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was surprised to find as good a Mexican restaurant so far in the middle of the USA. The place is rather nondescript on the outside, but the interior is decorated beautifully. I was impressed with the menu, very well thought out and innovative. I had Tecate and a very good guacamole and chips appetizer to start, and a chicken and grilled veggie burrito that had an excellent green chili cream sauce on top. The burrito was excellent and I found myself using some of the chips to scoop up everything left on my plate too small for my fork. Everything appeared to be clean, and I didn't have any cockroach friends with me for dinner. I thought the service was a little lousy, and if not for the excellent food would have given this place a lower score because of it. Once the server dropped off the order, I never saw her again. My check was even delivered by somebody else. When I left to pay, I found my server at the front counter apparently doing other restaurant business. The only black mark in an otherwise good meal.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Roanoke, Virginia
“Not so good.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband just ate his lunch there today...9/17/2013 and the food was good and the service was good until a cockroach decided to crawl across the table. The waitress came by and he told her what happened, she killed the roach. The manager came out immediately and apologized and they did give him a discount on his meal but he will not return to this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great place to eat...good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have eaten at El Torito several times. The service is always good and prompt. The food and drinks are always good. We are glad to have such a nice place to stop in for dinner so close to home.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Franklin, Indiana
“Great meal and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Out of the 12 or 13 Mexican restaurants in Franklin, El Torito is by far the best. The staff is friendly and food comes out quickly every time. They have great lunch and dinner specials that are extremely cheap but high quality and authenticity. Great drink specials, margaritas are very good, and it's a pleasant environment. Sometimes I even go to El Torito to watch games and have a meal because they have several nice televisions and are willing to change it to whatever game or channel you would like to watch. I recommend El Torito to anyone who loves Mexican food and a cheap meal!

• Visited July 2013