“Reasonable place to stay for family” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - North

You added Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5810 Challenger Parkway, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #30 of 47 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Reasonable place to stay for family”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

All the staff at the hotel were super friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was okay but not impressive. Finding it was a chore because the road to get to the building is not marked! I honestly didn't check these things before going, but the room was missing the simple things like shampoo, a hair dryer (the web page said they had them) and the kitchen was oddly stocked (three forks, two spoons, 2 cups, three plates, etc) and the items were not real clean, no salt/pepper. We asked for a non-smoking room but the room smelled like it had been used for one (front desk lady offered to move us if need be). The really good thing besides the staff being very friendly and helpful is that if they had anything at the front desk, they offered it for use. We picked up a fry pan and spatula to make breakfast, they offered good microwave popcorn for free, etc. I'm sure if we needed/asked for shampoo and they had it, they would have given it to us.

Room Tip: Third floor is best; hotel is an "extended stay" and dogs are allowed. I think the dog-ow...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - North, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
James - Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful during your stay with us. Still, I apologize that you were not pleased with the smell of your room and that you had difficulties finding our location. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. As well, I am sorry that the kitchen in your room was not properly stocked and that some items were not fully cleaned prior to your arrival. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure these issues do not continue in the future. Lastly, please know that toiletries and hair dryers are available at the front desk upon request, should you need them in the future.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Gaylord, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife and I stay in Extended Stay America whenever we can. On our last trip in April 2014 we stayed here for the first time. What a fantastic room and a great price for so much. If you are a regular kind of normal person you will enjoy your stay here. But if you want a $500 dollar room for fifty bucks you will be upset no one leaves a mint on your pillow! This place was so good we extended our stay for an extra day just to relax. On our way home we made sure we could stop here again and stayed a few extra days just because the room was so comfortable.
Everything was exactly as it should have been and even better for this price range. Candice is one of the best managers I have ever dealt with. The maintenance man was so helpful he even helped with our luggage. The guests in this place are also friendly and stand around drinking coffee and chit-chatting. A really comfortable homey experience and a great value. Plus it was only about 5-10 minutes to downtown. this will be my first choice every time I have to travel in this area. Complaints about this place are old and no longer valid. Ignore them.

Room Tip: ask for a suite. Well worth a couple extra bucks.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - North, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
David - Thank you for posting a glowing review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. If you would like to provide any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, fwn@extendedstay.com. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The hotel was easy to locate and the room had everything the ad said! Our room had a queen size bed with a pull out couch, full kitchen, a nice size bathroom and enough room for an air mattress. slightly dated but it met all of our needs. If traveling with a large family this is a great choice to save money and not feel cramped. Other perks included free internet and continental breakfast: muffins, fresh fruit, breakfast bars, coffee, milk and tea.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for posting a glowing review of your stay. I’m so happy to hear that enjoyed our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens and free grab-and-go breakfast at a great value. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to provide any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, fwn@extendedstay.com. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I start all my reviews by saying that my company chooses where I stay.

As the name says, Extended Stay means you can stay and have certain comforts in the hotel room. Each room has a kitchen which is furnished with a fridge, stove, sink, microwave, pots and pans, dishes and silverware.
The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.
A "grab n go" breakfast is offered in the lobby. It's cereal bars, muffins, fruit, oatmeal, coffee, and hot water for an easy snack.
The only complaint I have is that there was only one trash container in the room and it was in the bathroom. This might sound petty, but if you are going to stay for a while; it's nice to have an additional trash container.
The hotel is located just off a main road and has easy access to the interstate.
There are plenty of restaurants, stores, and shops in the immediate area.
Overall, I'd say this is a good place to stay at.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

CLEAN rooms, excellent service,professional and courteous management ,these you can be assured of at EXTENDED STAY NORTH. ALWAYS greeted with friendly smiles and treated like family. I have stayed many times through the years and would stay no where else. SPECIAL THANKS TO CANDICE [MANAGER], JERRY, LOIS, AND AMY. 10 STARS

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - North, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room. As well, it’s great to hear that you found our staff to be professional and courteous during your stay with us. The staff and I would like to thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I came in from a 14hr day and had to clean my bathroom it was full of pubs and hair in sink, tub, and toilet also poop on toilet dirty towel left hanging behind bathroom door. Cod webs hanging from fire sprinkler above bed comforter was filthy and my heater wasn't working well i had to sleep in jogging pants. The carpet was very nasty and i also was unable to get a receipt when i checked out i told them to email receipt or mail to house need for reinbursement from the company i haven't received receipt yet i'll be traveling for the next six months but unfortunately i will not return to Extended Stay North ):

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - North, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Kyla - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The condition you found your room in is truly regrettable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by our staff, and we are taking steps to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Please feel free to contact me directly, at fwn2@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.
fort Wayne Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Friendliest and most respectectful staff and management..Every one here makes you smile and feel so good about yourself..The rooms are so nice and clean..Thank you extended stay America for excellent pride and service you provide for your guests!

• Stayed January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - North, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and respectful during your stay with us. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am glad to hear that we were able to meet your needs. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - North? Share your experiences!