“Horrible service!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - North

You added Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5810 Challenger Parkway, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Fort Wayne
“Horrible service!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

The manager is the worst truly horrible!!!! Stay far far away from this place. Very expensive for a small cramped room. Everything breaks on you and they add it to your card. They say they have wifi but half the time you don't get it. And the tap water is nasty. Also pretty sure while we were out one of the maids came into our room even though there was a no disturb sign. The only good thing about this place is that the night staff at the front desk was nice.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - North, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I was disheartened to read that there were items in your room which were in need of repair and that the staff did not meet your expectations. Please know, it is not our intention to provide you with such an unsatisfactory experience. Please accept my apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we are looking into the issues you commented on in order to ensure this type of situation does not happen again.

I hope that you will contact me directly, at rdawson@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Our stay in your hotel was wonderful. The people were friendly, the room was homey an the full service kitchen had everything I needed. The pull out couch was great for my son to sleep on. Best couple nights in a hotel. Thanks to everyone there that made it amazing.

• Stayed April 2012
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - North, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It's interesting how different reviews can be for the same place. Everything was very clean and staff very friendly, helpful and informative. We were there for a weekend get-a-way.Inexpensive, located close to alot of shopping, eating, movies and ease of getting on and off of 69. i'm a complainer and i could not find one thing to complain about with this stay( shocked my girlfriend). It was a very enjoyable stay overall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - North, responded to this review, November 7, 2012

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location
South Bend
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I'm usually pretty tolerant of things and try to give places the benefit of the doubt, but there were just too many things with this stay. First thing you saw walking in the lobby is that the carpet looks like it hadn't been cleaned in a couple years, and this extended into the hallways. Upon initial inspection, the room seemed ok, it was large, was mostly functional (other than no electrical outlet near the desk/workstation- had a power strip with me that helped remedy that lol).

After I got settled & unpacked, the first problem was the toilet. Every 3-4 minutes, it would run & shut off... kind of annoying when you're trying to relax. The front desk person (who was great at trying to help) came & looked, as they had no maintenance person. Since I was already unpacked, I didn't feel like packing back up & moving to a different room, I opted to just shut the toilet off until needed.

I'm not sure how old this building is, but the condition of some of the things in the room made it seem old. Where the carpet met the tile, the transition was coming apart, leaving large gaps. Yes, it was more cosmetic, but not something you'd expect to see in some place that's geared towards being a 'home away from home'.

I went to open the window to get some fresh air in , and notice that that window screen is half hanging off on the outside - again, not something you'd expect to see of a newer facility.

The bed.... Of all the hotels I've stayed in over the years, this one was probably in the top couple of the worst list. When you sit on the bed & sink - it's not a good start. When you looked at the bed, you could see the fabric from the underside of the box springs hanging around the bed frame. Needless to say, it wasn't a good night sleep.

The clerk tried to do what he could with what he had to work with, so I can't fault him for anything, he was very nice & attentive.

I know some of this may sound nit-picky, and maybe I just got the unlucky room.. but it's just an honest review of what I encountered, and when I'm paying to stay somewhere, I expect it to be in good condition & comfortable. There are other hotels within a few blocks that I would recommend for the same price, to try before staying here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband and I were visiting family in the area and needed a place to stay for the weekend. I was greeted by very friendly and helpful staff. The room was very clean and looked like a small apartment, and the rate was one of the best ones I found in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Grabill, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

First I'd like to say if I had read the reviews I might not have stayed here. However, I came and toured the property knowing we would need a place for atleast a month. This is like a small apt home. Very exceptionally clean. They gave us extra linens and a few extra dishes as we are a family with children. The most friendly helpful staff we have come across in over 30 states and a year of traveling in hotels. I have learned that the hotel is newly remodled. This is a great stay at a great price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I stayed here for a week and I had nothing but friendly service and the room was great. Very spacious, and clean. When I walked into the lobby, I was a little nervous. There were stains on the carpet, but then the girl at the desk greeted me and got me set up. I was a little more at ease, but once I saw the room, I knew it was perfect. Clean and comfortable. Exactly what I was looking for. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - North? Share your experiences!