“Surprise features - very nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Local Dining Package
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Belleair, Florida
“Surprise features - very nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

While the hotel room and lobby/breakfast area are standard Hampton Inn style, this place has great customer service and some unique offerings. I was welcomed at the front desk and efficiently checked in. The clerk was making popcorn, and it is free throughout the evening. They also offer a movie night on Friday and Saturday nights in their meeting room, which would be a nice treat for kids. Stayed on the third floor, and it was kind of loud with kids running up and down the hallway. Seems like there is a ball tournament or something staying here because the breakfast area was filled with kids dressed in atheletic clothes and a few coaches trying to keep track of them. The breakfast area employees were efficient in cleaning the tables and keeping the food stocked. I would stay here again when traveling I-69.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Connie W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ft. Wayne North, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments! The staff works diligently to ensure our guests have a pleasurable experience.

We are excited to share our new news! The hotel will be undergoing an upgrade to include renovated lobby/breakfast bar area, new business center, enlarged fitness room with new equipment, new flooring, new windows on the south side of the building, as well as guest room enhancements. The hotel should be wonderful afterward!

Hopefully, you will visit us again soon!

Constance Wannemacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

When you drive up to this property, it looks like it is a relatively new and updated. However, beyond the lobby this is not the case. The hallway and rooms are completely dated and the fitness center is smaller than one you'd have in your home (they will provide you passes to an off-site fitness center if you ask for them). To be fair, as compared to other properties this one is probably "Average." I rated it "Poor" as I compared it to other Hilton and Hampton Inn properties. It is definitely an economy type property from furnishings to carpet to updates (Seems on par to the Super 8 right beside it). Additionally, all rooms do not have microwaves or refrigerators which is pretty standard in Hampton Inns, so I hadn't even asked for one. On a positive note, it has quite a large pool, by hotel, and Hampton Inn standards. To summarize, I will not be staying here again, as there are plenty of other nicer properties at the same price point in Fort Wayne.

Room Tip: If you stay here, make sure to ask for a room not on the highway side as this hotel backs up to the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.

We have many initiatives underway to address the concerns you shared to include renovating our lobby/breakfast bar area, new flooring, enlarging the fitness center and new equipment, new windows on the south side of our building, and guest room enhancements.

Hopefully, you will stay with us in the future! We believe the hotel will be wonderful afterward!

St louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

We use Hampton brand because there is a standard we have come to expect. This Hampton meets all the requirements. Friendly check-in (at midnight), late nite snacks, well-stocked breakfast in the morning. We were on the highway side & could clearly hear the road noise but it didn't disturb our sleep (we're from a big city). I don't understand why it wasnt insulated better when built! But mgmt does their best to accommodate by having complimentary ear plugs in the room. It was a quick overnight and we were back in the road early. This Hampton met all of our expectations.

• Stayed May 2012
Connie W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ft. Wayne North, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us.

We are excited to share our news! Our hotel will be undergoing an upgrade to include new windows on the south side of the building, renovated lobby, larger fitness room with new equipment, new flooring throughout, as well as many guest room enhancements. It should be much more comfortable for our guests and very impressive afterward!

Hopefully, we will see you again soon!

Enjoy this beautiful weather!

Leesburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This is an excellent hotel, the staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the amenities are wonderful, they put out fresh cookies and popcorn most nights and they even have an evening reception M-W. We had a suite and enjoyed being able to cook in the room and invite our associates to join us in the evening to sit around and chat, it felt like home. I was worried when I read some of the reviews but after staying for almost 2 weaks we can say this will be our hotel of choice when we come to Fort Wayne.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
clwannemacher, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ft. Wayne North, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay with us! We are absolutely delighted that you found our service and cleanliness meeting/exceeding your expectations! The staff works diligently to provide a good experience for our guests. You are important to us!

If you have not heard, our hotel will be undergoing an upgrade soon to include an updated lobby/breakfast bar, enlarged exercise room with new equipment, new flooring throughout, and numerous guest room enhancements! It should be wonderful afterward!

We look forward to your next visit! Enjoy this beautiful season!

Indy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Recently spent one night at this hotel while in town for the Vera Bradley outlet sale. No problems with personnel-everyone we encountered was polite and professional. Rooms were okay-nothing spectacular.Everything seemed clean enough. Snacks provided were a nice addition. I had a room facing the Interstate, so heard a lot of traffic noise during the night-if you are a light sleeper, request a room on the parking lot side of the hotel. Hotel obviously caters to Vera Bradley shoppers during the outlet sale week with special prizes. They even had breakfast out early so we could grab something before heading over. Breakfast offered some hot and cold items-scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, potatoes, boiled eggs, fresh fruits, danish-enough variety for everyone.
I'd stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Request side away from interstate!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Connie W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ft. Wayne North, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We are also excited to share our news! Our hotel will be undergoing an upgrade soon to include new windows on the south side of the building, reconfigured lobby/breakfast bar area, enlarged exercise room with new equipment, new flooring throughout, and guest room enhancements. The hotel should be wonderful afterward!

We look forward to seeing you again!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stay in Fort Wayne on business 3-8 nights a month and recently decided to try the Hampton Inn over my usual spot. I couldn't have been happier. From the warm cookies and popcorn available in the Lobby when I checked in, to the spacious room and comfy pillow top on the bed. Breakfast was serviceable with the usual assortment of waffles eggs and bacon and cereals etc. Free wifi was a plus. The location of this hotel suites me fine as it is near my client, but it is not the most picturesque part of Fort Wayne!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Connie W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ft. Wayne North, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
We are absolutely delighted that you found your stay with us so pleasurable!

We have many exciting events for the future to include unique holiday celebrations and a hotel upgrade. Hopefully, you will join us!

Have a safe Winter!

Valparaiso, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

There are some aspects of our stay that I loved, and some that I do not. I made our reservations over the phone and spoke with a lady named Whitney. I can't say enough about her. She was super friendly and helpful, and honestly made me feel super excited to come and spend time with my family here. She answered all of my questions and was just a wonderful person with a lot of great information. Upon arrival, the staff at the front desk were chipper and friendly. We had no problems checking in. We were on the Fourth floor, way at the end due to when I booked this was the only available room with 2 queen sized beds. It was a smoking room, and although we are not smokers I was okay with it because I was excited to stay at this hotel. When entering the room we were not hit with any offensive smell from previous smokers, in fact it smelled very clean. The room was spotless. Kids were super happy and couldn't wait to get down to the pool area. The pool area was smaller then what it seemed in the picture, but not a big deal. The fitness room was extremely crammed. 3 machines in one small room. I didn't like using treadmill as I didn't like working out so close to other people, so I didn't stay in that room long at all, which was kind of upsetting. After retiring to our room for the night my son and daughter both broke out with a rash and got very itchy and uncomfortable. After Midnight I had to take them downstairs to see if there was any benedryl in the suite shop. There was none, but I did ask them if they had any in the back. The lady working front desk brought back a box of allergy pills equivalent to what I needed. When I asked her how much it was she said it was nothing, and I am not sure if I caught it totally right but she said something about a magic box? Either way she was helpful and we appreciated it very much. Kids finally were able to get some sleep. The beds were the best thing about the visit. Absolutely comfortable! Breakfast the next morning was medicore. Nice selection, however the eggs and sausage were hardly warmed and not hot. The coffee and tea selections were nice. They had plenty of fruit, cereal, and bread choices. Breakfast this morning before we checked out was basically the same. The hot things, hardly warm. Almost forgot to mention the complimentary popcorn Friday night. The kids loved getting a bag and coming up to the room for some relaxing and tv time. Some of my major gripes concern the pool area. Kids went swimming again on Saturday and both broke out with some kind of rash again. I got in on this day, and it also did a number on my skin. No idea what the cause of this way, maybe the chemicals were off? Sign clearly says no children under 14 are allowed to be in, or swimming without an adult present. The staff did not do a good job at monitoring this at. There was many times that children were swimming without an adult present. This upset me greatly. Rules are there for a reason, and need to be followed. The hot tub was closed at one point, and when asked when it would reopen they said probably sometime in the afternoon the next day. I understand things come up, but we were disappointed that it got closed. My biggest complaint about that - it has a closed sign, but people were still going in there. Not once while my kids were swimming did anybody come by to check on things. Lack of towels was another concern. Overall, the visit was okay. Staff was great, but there are a few areas of staying in this hotel that can be worked on. This is the first time my family has been able to get a hotel room to relax in and have a good weekend away from our normal everyday lives. Wish it was a little bit better experience, but tried to make the best of it.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room facing the front of the building. Backside is very noisy with the highway.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Connie W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ft. Wayne North, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
We appreciate your having taken the time to write a review for our hotel and for your positive comments.

We apologize for your concerns regarding the pool area and equipment. While we try diligently to monitor it, it is sometimes a challenge. To reduce future concerns, we are adding to staff to proactively address any issues. We did have to shut the hot tub down because someone discarded an item that resulted in it being inoperable, needing completely drained and refilled. The chemicals in the pool were checked twice during the day to ensure they met industry/health standards.

We are extremely excited to share our good news! The hotel will be undergoing an upgrade soon. It should be wonderful afterward!

We look forward to seeing you again! Have a very safe Winter!

Connie Wannemacher

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Ft. Wayne North? Share your experiences!