“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
central illinois
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

First time staying at a Hampton but if all are like this, it will not be the last. Entire hotel was modern and clean. Room was spacious, quiet, and clean. The staff at the front desk was professional and helpful. Couldn't ask for a better stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Derrick R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Wayne Southwest, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for the post; I will share this with the team! It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope to have the honor to serve you again soon.

Derrick Robertson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Palatine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton as part of a wedding group so we did not 'shop' for this hotel, it was chosen by the bride and groom. We could not have been more pleased. The room and bath were spacious, spotless, tastefully decorated, comfortable and quiet, as were the hallways and elevator areas. We had a morning free and enjoyed the indoor pool and hottub. The service at the front desk was very friendly and efficient on check in and the next day another attendent gave us a great recommendation for lunch. It could not have been a nicer stay. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Derrick R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Wayne Southwest, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Glen C,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! It was an honor to serve the wedding party. We always appreciate the role we get to play in such a memorable occasion and do not take it for granted. Thank you so much for staying with us, and I hope you won't need to "shop around" on your next trip to Fort Wayne!!

Avon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel overall was clean, pleasant, and the staff were friendly. Our family would stay at a Hampton in the future. They were accomodating to our baseball team. The only item I would change is the amount of towels left in the bathroom - not enough.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Toni S,
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to accommodate all groups whether it's a wedding party, sports team, family reunion or corporate event. "We love having you here" is not just a slogan, we really do love our guests! Thank for choosing our Hampton Fort Wayne and we hope to have the honor to serve you in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I'm a gold member of Hilton Honors and I've grown too accustomed to the quality experience at Hampton Inns. Usually, it's like boarding a luxury tour bus with a reservation. You approach the front desk, the staff confirms your reservation and hands over your room pass. Your final bill is slid under your room door and you can leave the property by the rear door, with minimal contact with staff, unless you approach them, of course. This visit was different. We were third in line waiting to check in. The attendant asked to see my driver's license, which has never happened before. He asked the purpose of my visit to Ft. Wayne. I told him it was business. What kind of business, was his next question. Next he asked to see my AARP card, as I always ask for the senior rate when reserving at Hampton. CHOICE Hotels (Comfort Suites) have a seniors rate, but Hampton only honors AARP members (possibly some financial agreement benefiting both). I know this and I have been a member of AARP for fifteen years, but I have never before been asked to see my AARP card. As I carry a driver's license and two credit cards in my money clip, and never having been asked for it, I leave it at home when traveling for business. I pointed to my driver's license and informed the attendant that my indicated age is well within the bracket that's usually honored as a "senior." He informed me that he had to see the AARP card, because people have been "fraudulently" claiming membership. The attendant said he would accept my assertion this time, but that in the future, I must have my AARP card. All this within the hearing of other waiting guests. At breakfast, there were scrambled eggs, but no meat. There were biscuits and gravy, but Ft. Wayne really isn't in the south. The oatmeal was being cooked with a sign it could not be opened. This was at 9 am. Aside from these shortcomings, the rooms and facilities were the usual fine quality.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post on your stay with us. We value your feedback and appreciate your response. I understand it's frustrating when asked too many questions at check-in and apologize for the lack of service you received. We do gladly honor AARP discounts but in fairness to those who pay for their membership we do our best to check cards. We understand how important a good breakfast is to our guests. Which is why we offer a wide variety of options and I'm very sorry that we were unable to keep some of those options stocked at times. We do everything we can to balance the freshness of our breakfast with the demand for a hot complimentary buffet. We will continue to work hard to always keep hot fresh items on our breakfast buffet. Thank you very much for choosing our Hampton Inn Southwest Ft Wayne and I truly hope you will give us another chance to earn your loyalty on our next trip.

Kokomo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay. Hotel was conveniently located with lots of restaurants & shopping within a short drive. Staff was extremely friendly, all parts of hotel were very clean, room was nicely decorated & furnished. Beds were nice & comfy. My husband & I will definitely be booking a room here on our next visit to Fort Wayne!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Derrick R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Wayne Southwest, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Brian P,
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Tripadvisor! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our recently renovated hotel including the new comfy beds. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Kalkaska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I always trust the Hampton Brand to provide me with a comfortable stay. I can always expect top notch service, along with a safe and clean room. It was a pleasure to discover that although there was a huge team of sports players staying on the same floor as me, Inside my room, I didn't hear a peep out of them. The the pool was wonderful and I was very pleased to see that it was handicap accessible with a lift for the pool and the jacuzzi. While I didnt personally need to use these services I was very impressed to note that they were offered, as I am a huge supporter of ADA (the American Disability Act). When in doubt stay at a Hampton, you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Jessy Z,
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our team works so hard to provide excellent service to each guest, especially on "team" weekends. Thank you so much for choosing our Hampton Inn Southwest and we can't wait to serve you again on your next trip.

Crofton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

While there is opportunity with all aspects of life, I'd say this hotel and the staff there had few showing. The attendant that checked me in, Jason (I think), was very cordial and reminded me of how a family member would make you feel comfortable. The rooms met the needs I had. I would like to see better internet service, but I managed with what they had. In the morning, I needed sewing kit and deodorant because of poor planning on my part. Without any awkwardness of a disgruntled employee that some hotels would and have provided in the past, the Hampton Inn employee was cheerful and very pleasant. I think the great experience with the staff is what made my stay so notably positive. Don't know about you, but if there are rude and unqualified folks running the show, I tend to be more likely to not enjoy the interactions . Very pleased and would recommend this hotel instead of a higher cost hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Derrick R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Wayne Southwest, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Christopher H.,
We take great pride in our service and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for staying with us. I understand how important WIFI is when traveling and am sorry to hear that it wasn't up to par. We continually tweak our internet service to increase bandwidth to meet growing demand. Thank you again for choosing our Hampton Inn Southwest and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Derrick Robertson

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Wayne Southwest? Share your experiences!