“It met our needs....” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leesburg, Virginia
“It met our needs....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

There is nothing wrong with this hotel. It was clean, safe, and well located. I would stay here again. But for the price, it was merely average.

I stayed 1 week. My rate per night was $20 higher than what I paid 2 weeks earlier when I stayed a week over at Homewood Suites. My room was clean but a bit worn looking. The TV reception wasn't as clear. The air conditioning unit was slow to change the air temp and quite loud when it kicked on. Housekeeping was hit or miss. I didn't have my room serviced every day, but when I did, the shampoo, conditioner and lotion that I had used was not replaced. There was a mini fridge and a microwave so that was nice. The lady in the breakfast area was not nice at all. The breakfast area was not restocked as things ran out. So even with 60-90 minutes left in the breakfast time, quite picked over and not refilled...including out of decaf. I could give her a pass if it was just one really busy morning, but I was there a week and there were issues with stocking most days and with her attitude every day.

Like I said, nothing at all wrong with this hotel. The important things are there....clean and safe. However, the value is missing. When I can stay at Homewood for $109-$119 per night, it makes it really tough to spend the $129 a night for Comfort Suites. The two hotels are just not comparable. This was an $89 a night room, not a $129 a night room.

There was one housekeeper who went out of her way to take care of me. I am blanking on her name....It was Loretta I think, or maybe Lorainne.....she was FABULOUS!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed here spur of the moment while passing through. Rate was $130 through the hotel itself.

Had 4 kids (11/5/2/16w) and my wife and I. They put us in a room with two full beds and a pull out couch.

Check in was slow, but the person in front of me made reservations that weren't showing up in the hotel computer. So no biggy.

Room was clean, and pretty nice. Bathroom was clean. Nice tv. Microwave.

Only neg, bathroom door wouldn't latch and lock.

Breakfast was free. And it's AMAZING. Eggs, sausage, French toast, waffles, cereal, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, donuts, juice, coffee, toast, hot chocolate.

Staff is great. Parking is kind of a pain because they were packed when we stayed.

Def would stay again, and no problem staying her with kids.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Brantford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My wife and I went to Ft Wayne and Indianapolis for our 2nd anniversary. We booked this hotel through www.hotels.com and were not disappointed. The indoor pool is rather on the small side but the continental breakfast is great. It is considered a 4 star hotel. The front desk clerk and all the staff were pleasant and nice to talk to. The hotel is located near a shopping outlet mall, but has a nice selection of restaurants and larger shopping chains north on I69 one exit north of this location. We visited the botanical conservatory in the Ft Wayne and saw most of the main central part of the city which was suprisingly very clean and done up well. Parking is decent but it packs up quickly at night, be prepared for a little bit of a walk.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Room was very nice and spacious 2 person whirlpool tub in room was great the kiddos had fun in it. The pool was perfect for our use not real big but we were the only ones in it. My hubby liked the sauna don't see that in too many hotels anymore. Breakfast was your normal hot and cold continental. We would stay again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your kind review. It is great to hear about your experience. I will make sure to share this with the staff as they will be just as excited to hear about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Cheboygan, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were passing through and this hotel served our needs. It was clean and the price was comparable to others. The room was nice. The only issue we had is that it was quite stuffy even with the fan running and with the fan running it was loud. Staff was kind. We took breakfast grab bags with us which were a treat on the road.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for stopping in and checking us out. We strive to offer comparable quality and top notch service against our competitors. It is great to hear about the clean room and kind staff. We will look into the fan concern to address for future guests. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Richmond, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This property was above my expectations. We arrived much earlier than check in and were immediately accommodated. The children were offered a treasure chest for a prize, which was unexpected. It was nice that the pool was not very deep and plenty of towels were provided. Housekeeping and maintenance staff seen in the hall were all friendly. Since we were early, housekeeping was still on the floor and I was able to get additional towels from a housekeeper, rather than call downstairs and wait for them to be delivered. A follow up call came from the front desk about 3 hours after our check in to see if were had everything we needed. Room was clean and well provided. Breakfast was wonderful! I was very impressed with all the choices. Popcorn was available in the evening. Rooms are not big enough to accommodate queen beds and it would be nice to have larger beds...but I didn't expect that and knew that beforehand. We didn't use the sofa bed so I can't comment on it's quality but the furniture appeared rather new and not worn. Enjoyed having a suite with a place to sit other than the beds. I would stay here again and recommend to others. Close to the interstate but really didn't hear the traffic. Can walk to restaurants easily.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your kind review. The staff strives for excellent service, and I am extremely happy to hear about your stay. Guest service is our number 1 priority, and with our new team we have in place, they will be extremely happy to hear about your positive feedback. We have really strived to offer a more superior breakfast, including Dunkin Donuts delivering fresh donuts daily. We offering a rotating hot menu, and if the product is not available that day all you have to do is ask for it to be "Cooked to order", and we will have it out to you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

The staff was amazing and friendly. Once we got in the room it was so clean and spacious, the shower was relaxing and had an amazing whirlpool tub. The pool room itself was heated but the new pool was like a warm bath, very enjoyable and there was also a dry sauna. The laundry room was a plus and the breakfast selection was chock full of delicious variety. We would totally stay here again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 22, 2015
Thank you for your review. It is great to hear your positive experience. The staff will be excited to hear about your great stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!