“"Great Stay"” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“"Great Stay"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Hotel was in a very good location close to several restaurants and Hwy 24. Front desk staff Kylee was very helpful. Check in was quick and easy. Hotel room was very spacious. All areas of the hotel were extremely clean. Breakfast was very good. Only negative thing about the hotel was the pool was out of order.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and are working as quick as we can to get the renovation of the pool area completed. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Located off of Route 24, across the highway from Lutheran Hospital, Comfort Suites on Coventry is in a convenient location. The front desk clerks on check-in and check-out were both friendly and smiling when conversing with me. The room was a good size. Everything was in working order. There are several restaurants near the hotel. The hotel offers discount coupons for a few of them. There is also a Kroger grocery store close to the hotel. The pool was closed for repairs during our visit, they did let me know ahead of time when they sent me an e-mail confirming my reservation, but I was still a bit disappointed. We did enjoy the offered breakfast in the morning. If we ever stay in Fort Wayne again, we would consider staying at this property.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and feedback. Our location is definitely ideal for business or pleasure. I apologize about the pool being down as it is definitely not the most ideal time. We hope to see you again soon. Next time you are in town check out our full newly renovated pool area that will be completed by the end of July.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Room was nice and quiet. Front desk was extremely helpful and gracious. I appreciated the popcorn and cookies that were offered at check in. The breakfast was extremely good. My only suggestion would be more lighting in the breakfast area. It was a little dark for newspaper reading. I highly recommend the hotel!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. It is great to hear the positive feedback about your stay. I will share this with our staff as they will be excited to hear the information. We will look into the lighting in the breakfast area and higher wattage bulbs. Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Road Warrior
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is an older property, I stayed in this hotel back before the renovation and it had fallen into some pretty significant disrepair, thankfully though it is in much better condition now.

The beds, which were horrible have been replaced and are now quite comfy, same goes for the desk chair as well. Cleanliness was pretty solid and most everything in the room worked well and was in good condition. The only exception I thought was the bedding, the sheets were well worn and the comforter had a few stains. I travel with my own blanket though so no biggie.

Customer service was great and I liked they had the wheel to spin for elite Choice Privileges members to win goodies, I think this is the first Choice Hotel that I have ever run across that does this. Some IHG hotels use to do it but sadly they discontinued it this year, I always thought it was a nice touch though.

One thing I don't care for is their Internet provider, I don't like the idea of having to pay $3 a day for upgraded speeds, when I am already paying $100 a night for the hotel itself, I feel as though they should just give everyone the additional bandwidth. Yes, the 'Free' wifi isn't necessarily that bad, speed tests showed about 1Mbps download speeds but still that's on the low end of what you get at most hotels. I have no idea what the $3 a day upgraded speeds gets you but irregardless having to pay for the additional bandwidth is bogus IMO.

Swimming pool was closed during my stay, it looked as though there was some renovations going on there so if that's something that is important to you, you may want to call the hotel ahead of time to see if it is open.

Other then that I enjoyed my stay. This isn't the Ritz but it's much, much better then it use to be back in 2012, at least now it's more the standards of what I expect from Comfort Suites. I'll call this one 3.5 stars, better than average but can't quite compare with a newer property.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our property. I am pleased to hear that you gave us another shot from your 2012 experience. We have had major renovations since 2012 and continue to have major renovations through 2015. We currently are renovating our entire pool, outdoor patio and sundeck with a lot of new improvements for our guests. We have plans to renovate the lobby, breakfast area, and hallways in 2015. I will be looking into our internet speed and see what our options are with the brand. We want to thank you for your feedback, as this is the only way we can continue to deliver an exceptional experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Our room was a lot nicer than expected based on the outside and lobby of the hotel. Everything was very clean and the employees were very nice. My only complaint was that the complimentary breakfast wasn't as good as other comparable hotels. The scrambled eggs were the factory-made patties similar to what you'd find on a McDonald's breakfast sandwich. There were very limited options and not even any fruit. The really weird part was that everything was packed up again by 9:30am.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your recent review. I will share your feedback with the staff and make enhancements for all guests. We will look at the eggs and fruit we have out and make adjustments to increase the breakfast experience. Without your feedback we wouldn't be able to improve our product. We value your business and look forward to seeing you again.
Riverview, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

First time in Indiana and our stay was great Kylie at the front desk was phenomenal! She made us feel welcome! My husband upgraded as a surprise to me but when we arrived in the room he was disappointed the room did not look like the one on the website he went downstairs and Kylie gave us a larger suite (Huge) with out any problems and even gave us a welcome basket! If I ever come back to Fort Wayne I will definitely stay at the Comfort Suites not to mention its close to everything and they even have a Movie Theater behind them where the movies are only $3 current ones at that.

Room Tip: Second floor has a beautiful view of the lobby from down below!