“Front Desk” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Fort Wayne
continental, ohio
“Front Desk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were so very pleased by the front desk help of Troy during our Fort Wayne stay. An upgrade was given and local attractions were made known( very helpful). Will be glad to stay at the Comfort Suites again!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your most recent stay and feedback at the Comfort Suites Southwest. I am pleased to hear about your experience and will share this with Troy along with the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

On a trip that was supposed to take me to the Comfort Suites in Coldwater, MI, I found myself unable to proceed at Fort Wayne, Indiana. I called and was able to secure one of the last rooms at the this Comfort Suites. The staff was very friendly - including helping push my car and some others that got stuck in front of the main door in the snow - and seemed unfazed by the mad rush of stranded travelers they got hit with around 10pm. The room was very nice and impeccably clean, and a very good price. By morning their lot was in better shape than any of the surrounding roads.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your recent response and stay. The snow blizzard hit from out of the blue and it was a surprise to all of us. We are glad you made it to our property safely, and I am excited to hear about the service that was offered. We try to go that extra mile, and in this circumstance, I am pleased to hear that we did. We appreciate your loyalty to Comfort Suites and look forward to seeing you again. Have safe travels.
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

In town due to family illness. Exhausted from trip and time at hospital checked in around 12:30 am on 28th. Assigned to room that was close to an exit and I had asked for a room close to the front. Sheets appeared to not have been changed and bed was not made. Covers were in disarray, just pulled up and not neat at all. I sleep in my clothes and stayed up as long as I could. Walls were cracked from the ceiling to the floor. Just not a nice room. I was surprised as I had stayed there before and had an awesome experience. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your response. I have to say, I am a little confused with your review. I have tried to reach out via trip advisor, as we have no records on file for you at the property with the details you have described in your trip advisor comments. I would like to get more information from you if possible to verify and investigate the information stated in the review. Please contact me at the property 260-436-4300. Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Merrillville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was having health concerns due to prescription medication. Troy carried in my things, I am disabled, and helped me arrange for my cat, and food choices. I became seriously ill, and Larry could not have been more helpful, even going so far as catching my pet cat that was wandering through the hallways.
I did although suffer a 400.00 loss, and a brand new boombox went missing. But I GOT HELP, when I needed it. I hope the owners help me recoup my loss.
Clean, great employees, I would not recommend using the safe, but I do not really know where I left the money.
Thank You Friends in Fort Wayne!

Room Tip: I chose only available, clean, neat,perfect!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
The staff of the Comfort Suites - Southwest want to thank you for your response. It is great to hear about the service that was received, as we strive to take care of our guests every way possible. We want to wish you the best in your future travels and look forward to seeing you next time you may swing through the area. Take care. Your friends and family at the Comfort Suites Southwest.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We were caught in a terrible snow storm and even though it was not even Noon we decided to stop. Comfort Suites in Ft. Wayne was a gem of a find. Even though we were early the staff was happy to check us in. The room was large and clean. The beds were very comfortable. We were close to stores, movies and food.

Even though breakfast was not until 6:30 we lost so much driving time we wanted to leave early. They already had coffee, cereal, boiled eggs, pastry and breads available at 5:30.We really appreciated that.

We would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your response to your previous stay. I am sorry to hear why you had to stay at the property. That storm was pretty severe, and came out of nowhere. I want to thank you for your kind words and will make sure to pass on the feedback to the staff. Safe travels and we hope to see you again if you are ever in Fort Wayne. Happy New Year.
Sullivan, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have been meeting with a friend of mine from Michigan for several years. Fort Wayne is about half way for both of us and we have always stayed at this Comfort Suites. During this stay the people working the front dest were very accommodating and pleasant, especially Troy. Upon checking out we told him that the sink and tub in our room would not drain out making it impossible to shower after the first person showered. He expressed his apology and made an adjustment to our bill for the inconvenience and sent us on our way with a grab and go bag that was great to have on my way home to Sullivan, In. We will select this Hotel again next year because of the friendliness and comfort

Room Tip: My only suggestion is that I would like clocks that put the time on the ceiling so that both beds wo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write your review and give us your feedback. I am glad to hear that Troy was able to accomodate and offer great service. We appreciate your feedback, and only can improve ourselves and performance from hearing the voice of our guests. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you back next year. Happy Holidays.
Willingboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was our 2nd family gathering for Thanksgiving at this hotel. We were very pleased with the courteous hospitality from ALL the staff but, most notably, Javon and Troy were extremely professional and courteous. Our room was very clean, comfortable and everything worked. The breakfast variety was very good and plentiful. I enjoyed the morning paper in the room and the complimentary bags of water and fruit upon checkout is a nice touch. Kudos to whoever thought of that! This is a wonderfully cozy hotel that's "big" on service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
First I want to say that it was great to see that this was the second year in a row at our location. We appreciate your commitment to our property, as there are plenty of other hotels around the area. I will make sure to pass along the feedback and kind words to the staff. We strive to exceed and I am glad to hear that we could meet your expectations. We look forward to hosting and having your family here at the Comfort Suites Southwest next year for Thanksgiving. Happy Holidays.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!