“Not great, but inexpensive and suited my needs” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne

You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4919 Lima Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808 (Formerly Stay Inn Suites)   |
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Chicago
“Not great, but inexpensive and suited my needs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed in one of the studio suites. The furniture was somewhat dated and I think the general age of the furnishings might be one of the reasons people are inclined to think of the place as not being clean. My studio was clean but it was definitely showing its age- it was one of those places where you expected to see a spider in the bathroom even though I saw nothing of the kind, if that makes sense. So, if you're taking your wife or if you prefer newer digs maybe this isn't the place for you.

However, the place I stayed in was clean. The staff came in every day with fresh towels and cleaned up, the bed was comfortable and clean, and it has a nice kitchen area with a real refrigerator if you're looking to go to the local Meijer and stock up for the week. There's a pool which seemed well-maintained, and one nice thing was that every suite has an outside entrance (the complex is set up in a set of "pods" with 4-6 suites to a building) so it was quiet. The shower was nice and had good pressure.

So, in closing, it's not exactly the place William and Kate are staying at when they come through Fort Wayne, but for a guy on the road like me it completely suited my needs. It was only $79, it was clean, and the staff were all very nice and informative whenever I had any questions. I wouldn't seek this place out if I were coming with my wife, but for me it was just what the doctor ordered.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I was a bit leery. However, my husband and I were thrilled with the place! I'm a registered nurse and am very picky about hotels and I would definitely recommend the Stay Inn Suites.. We regretted that we were not able to extend our stay. The breakfast was delicious and our room was spotless. The staff was courteous and helpful. We are looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Clinton Township, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed here for business. At first glance it seemed ok but on further inspection it was very dirty. Behind the couch were noodles and a straw. Around the bed there were crumbs on the floor. I had to call housekeeping 3 different times because they forgot to clean my room. The manager, Julie was very rude. It was like what do you expect for the price. So on top of the dirtyroom the customer service was non-existant. The breakfast was only good on the days they had a certain cook and the other days every thing was under cooked. In the end she said I was too picky, really?? I did not think wanting my bed made and fresh towels everyday was picky.

Room Tip: Look around the room very carefully before you choose it. Candlewood Suites is the same price and it...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sturgis, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Was allowed to check in about a half hour early, which was nice so I could get to my sister's wedding rehearsal. The manager was very personable.

Upon arriving at our room, a "penthouse suite", we discovered that it had not been cleaned yet. I called the front desk and the manager immediately brought us new keys and took us to a different room.

The rooms are very spacious, and well appointed. Both the loft bedroom and the main floor bedroom had their own private bath. They seemed clean well kept.

Breakfast was good both mornings, hot food, not just pastry and cereal.

I will be staying here anytime I need a room in Fort Wayne. Great value.

• Stayed July 2013
Archbold
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were impressed on our family vacation with the professionalism of the office staff, maintenance personel and the young breakfast server named, Precious. She deserves a raise for her efficient way of keeping everything filled and with a cheerful smile. The office staff was helpful and we enjoyed the pool and the fitness center. Sad to say, the cleaning staff gets close to a zero from us. Not only was the unit not clean, there were two pans in the cupboard that were not clean due to someone burning their food in them and not cleaning them properly.
Perhaps the cleaning staff needs to be trained to check all kitchen items after each guest leaves and how to clean more throughly. They were helpful in supplying us with all the towels and wash cloths we needed. We did notice two of the ladies sitting in the court yard smoking a number of times and we questioned whether they had done that on our steps as we didn't notice cigarette butts on the steps when we first arrived, but the next day there were many on them and they were never removed. All in all, we would still recommed Stay Inn and Suites to others. The location is excellent for the fantastic Zoo, Gardens and the Kruss Car and World War II Museum.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was booking 8 rooms for return trip from car show in Illinois with our car friends. We didn't want an expensive room as we had already stayed at a more expensive room for the previous 3 nights.
For the money everyone was very pleased with our suites. They were very clean and very adequate amenities. It was important to all of us to have our cars parked close to our rooms and that was available. The pool was very nice as a meeting place and pleasant to sit around. The hot breakfast was very good and everyone enjoyed it after eating in restaurants the previous four days (for breakfast). An Olive Garden Restaurant was only a mile away and great for our group. We all said we would return if in Fort Wayne again.

Room Tip: If you want to see your car, request a room facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Sleep in Suites in Ft. Wayne, Indiana has many pluses but it's location and outside appearance might make a different impression. It's an old Resident's Inn. The outside is showing it's age but the rooms are clean, well lighted.

There are full kitchens with full size stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, double sink, microwave, coffee maker and toaster.

The room has a couch that folds out to a bed and a queen sized bed (the suite I was in) a kitchen table, a desk and two chairs. My sister was next door and she had a fireplace too. I can't say enough about the sparkling cleanliness of the place. The people are friendly; the office staff is efficient. The housekeeping is good. The staff came by every day to make sure we had what we needed and if we wanted our room serviced.

The hotel provides breakfast every day and a light meal Monday through Thursday evening. We only got to be there for two evenings snacks but they were very good. The hot breakfast has variety. We had scrambled eggs, sausage, sausage and biscuits, muffins, fruit, dry cereal, toast, bagels, waffles that could be made, french toast. Brewed coffee, (decafe and regular) and tea were provided the oatmeal was wonderful - not too dry - not too sticky. Cold items included two percent milk, skim milk, yogurt, orange juice,

Sounds like I'm writing an ad - I think I am. They have a small pool, a basketball court and free passes to an exercise gym nearby. It's a great place if you have to be away from home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne? Share your experiences!