“Accommodated a family of 6 perfectly.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne

You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4919 Lima Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808 (Formerly Stay Inn Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Auburn Hills, Michigan
“Accommodated a family of 6 perfectly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Two adult, 1 teenager, and 3 little boys. We were able to eat dinner at the table, play in the living room, sleep in separate rooms and two full bathrooms (huge plus). Good price, also the free breakfast is good, it is standard, but it save us money.
We loved the loft bedroom with its own bathroom, but the stairs are steep.
Overall, we love it and will be returning.

• Stayed February 2013
FtWayneAGM, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we were able to accomodate your family well. We look forward to seeing you at our hotel in the future.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Mansfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I and another couple that traveled with us highly recommend Stay Inn Suites in Fort Wayne. The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful, responding immediately when we said we needed their assistance at one point. The two rooms looked like they were brand new and were spotless. The complimentary breakfast was great. We were never there for the complimentary light evening meal that is served on Monday-Thursday so we cannot evaluate it. We could not believe how low their rates are. We all think they could easily charge more. One reason they don't may be that the motel can be a little hard to find coming from the south. From the north it is only about 600 feet south of the I-69/US 30 and US 27/Lima Road interchange. The entrance is between the tall Shell station sign and a tall flag pole and the Nissan dealership. The problem coming from the south is that there is no way to get through the median to the motel's entrance. Call them for instructions. Stop, stay and enjoy!

Room Tip: Some outside heat exchangers are located near the heads of some beds. If you think their hums may di...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Every single person that works in this hotel lets you know how important you are to them. They are smiling, enjoy their jobs and are constantly trying to figure out how to make you feel better by asking how your visit is? It is expensive to be on the road not just because of hotels, but eating out is tough on the budget. You don't have to worry here, you are given a full breakfast, can create your own waffles, and if that isn't enough, they invite you back later in the evening. We had a nice dinner, good company and it just makes your visit pleasant and it also makes your wallet feel better because they are helping you to safe dollars by dining at their hotel.
The room had a fire place, a full kitchen and they had cups, plates and everything else you need. The stove worked, the refrigerator was clean and the bed allowed you to rest well. They keep the bathrooms emaculate and whats best of all is the way you are treated. I travel all over the country and I wish I had known about Stay Inn's before. I had visited one previously and thought no one could out do this and to my amazement, this one was even better. I can't wait to visit another city where they have this chain.
I don't know where they train their employee's but from the maids to the general manager, it just doesn't get better then this. Stay Inn, you stand out and even your top chains would be jealous of what you do.
I have a hectic schedule and it's not easy to keep up, so this was tough to take the time to write, but I did this because I believe other travelers should have the same opportunities as I do. Thanks and I can't wait to visit you again!!!!

Room Tip: I think any of the rooms you choose would meet your satisfaction. The suites are great and you feel...
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

They never say no!!!... thanks to Christopher, Julie, Lancy, Chris, Maria and the entire team for their excellent customer service attitude.

They carry the same amenities as Residence Inn, and I like the evening snack more than the breakfast!!

Its on Lima Road ideal for North or East Fort Wayne stay, though not far from the downtown.

Visit www.stayinnsuitesfortwayne.com for the entire list of amenities. During my stay they offered additional facilities like full size heated pool, spa, complete gym, indoor running track, etc from a nearby massive sports club

BTW, call them direct and you may get better deals than the ones you find on search portals.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. If any inconvenience they will accomodate you to a room of your choice provided...
North Manchester, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had reservations for the Penthouse suite it was very nice. My husband and I were very impressed with the staffs overall ability to accomodate us and how they checked in with us to make sure everything was satisfactory. We were there on a vacation and enjoyed the amenities of the fireplace and AMAZING off site gym facility more than equipped for us. My husband loves to eat a big breakfast and was so impressed with the HOT breakfast selection of biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, bagels, toast, cereals, yogurts, waffle bar, sausage links, oatmeal, etc.. and the choice of drink selection. We were very impressed with our stay and would love to come back for another vacation opportunity!

Room Tip: We loved the Penthouse suite because we had the luxury of extra room and the ability to each have ou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
FtWayneAGM, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
So happy to hear that you had a great experience at the Stay Inn Suites! I appreciate hearing that you enjoyed the gym, the variety at our breakfast and the fireplace in your room. I will pass on this information on to our staff as well. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to us regarding your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next vacation.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

One of the best facility I had stayed in overseas, Excellent Staff, very professional, very high in customer centricity, Good breakfast options, World class rooms, good location, nearby retail stores,very well equipped kitchen and Excellent Customer service.
Very cost effective as well....so not only good for business visitors but great deal for tourists also....Thanks for making my trip memorable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of Stay Inn Suites. I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will share your comments with the staff, as we are very pleased that you have had an enjoyable stay and have been able to utilize the hotel's amenities. We enjoy taking care of our international travelers and look forward to working with you again in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I got the room through Priceline. They called it 2-1/2 stars. I'm not sure. They said it would have a fitness center, but I would have to go offsite for that. All the rooms have outside entrances-something I avoid as a female traveling alone. But the front desk worker was helpful and friendly. The room is huge, with a full sized kitchen.
However in the bathroom I found a couple of dead roaches swept into the corner with some dirt. That lead me to check for bedbugs by removing sheets and looking for evidence. Bed looks fine, but mattress pad had not been changed as evidenced by a lot if hair, and what appears to be a small feces stain. Eewww. Cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your most recent stay at the property. I have met with appropriate staff to address your concerns, and we can assure you we have necessary preventative measures in place for the comfort of our guests. We would be happy to have you stay with us again in the future, as this is not the standard of operations at this hotel. Again, I greatly appreciate your feedback.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne? Share your experiences!