“Good Value in Fort Wayne” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Fort Wayne

You added Hotel Fort Wayne to your Saves list
Hotel Fort Wayne
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   305 East Washington Center Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46825 (Formerly Fort Wayne Marriott)   |
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Fort Wayne
indianapolis, in
“Good Value in Fort Wayne”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I booked a last minute room at Hotel Fort Wayne for a concert earlier this month through HotWire. The price was right for this 3-star hotel. The staff were nice but we only spoke with them in check in/check out. They did call us a taxi so that was very helpful! The actual room was what we expected but man, are the walls thin! I woke up numerous times throughout the night to some very passionate lovemaking a couple doors down. They do allow dogs here, so wanted to pass that along because a dog barking would have been much worse! The bed was comfy though!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Rick H, General Manager at Hotel Fort Wayne, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
So glad that you and your husband decided to come to Fort Wayne for the concert and stay at our hotel.

Hope the concert was enjoyable and we appreciate your kind words and review about our property,

Some rooms which have a connecting door to an adjoining room may allow some noise in from the adjacent room. Our staff is in process of installing sound proofing within those door jambs to reduce the potential for sound transmission. The actual walls between rooms are of concrete.

Next time, if there is a noise concern, please let us know so that we may send a member of our Security staff to the offending room.

And again, thanks for choosing Hotel Fort Wayne.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Moline, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Keep on driving past this place, it was horrible! When we arrived I thought I had the wrong address, the place is big, but it was completely empty! There wasn't even ten cars in the lot. The hall way is nice but everything else sucked! I booked on priceline and paid way too much. Alex the front desk clerk was nice. We had a stain on one of our beds and some guy came to change our bedding and was not very happy to do it. When we went to lay on the other bed, it had a nasty blood stain on it. I called Alex, AGAIN! And he said he would send someone down to change it. Well, I guess the guy had left for the day, so there was nobody available to help. So, Alex changed our room and said he would give us a free breakfast because of our inconvenience. Well guess what! In the morning the clerk, Josie, knew nothing about it and Alex did not leave a note. Very disappointing! I would never stay there again or recommend that dump!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I am sorry....we screwed up!

So that I may make this up to you to your satisfaction, please contact me here at the hotel. The main phone number is 260-484-0411.

Sunday night, the day/night of your arrival, used to be a night for business traveler check-ins, be it Fort Wayne, Chicago or Dallas...but not any more, and thus the reason you saw few cars.

I'm pleased that Alex, our Guest Service Agent, was able to take care of you...but very disappointed that our other associates let you (and me) down.

Please allow me to make it up to you.
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

When we first arrived, we were not too impressed for the price. However, after 2 days of disappointments, the manager (Rick) called us directly and we were able to work out all our issues. We ended up staying 4 days and 3 nights (in town for a funeral) and left on a good note. The staff were extemely helpful and pleasant. Don't be timid about calling and asking them for anything! They are very friendly!
As others have said about the beds... they are very plush and fluffy. The bathrooms are very tiny in the "deluxe" king rooms. You have to shut the door to be able to sit on the toilet, or use the shower. The water pressure is surprisingly nice. (Some hotels have terrible pressure). The indoor pool was heavenly and my husband enjoyed the hot tub as well.
Room service is a bit high priced, but they are big portions.
In summary, friendly, helpful staff. Comfortable bed. If you have any issues, bring them to their attention and they will work to improve your stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ms. Crenshaw

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am truly sorry that we originally disappointed you, but pleased that we were able to correct the issues.

We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again!
Ruby, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed during the Vera Bradley outlet sale. Got a good price for a King room. The bed was like a cloud and I didn't want to get out. The bathroom is small but with just myself in the room it wasn't an issue. I was on the 4th floor and it was quiet. Finding your way around left my aunt & I laughing as it is a bit like a maze. I tried out the fitness center one very early morning and had no issues with the elliptical or bike. My aunt and I had adjoining rooms which was very nice. It took us 5 - 15 minutes to get to wherever we wanted to go which was nice. Rum Runners is no longer open there but the do have a restaurant right off the lobby. There is also an Arbys, Sushi place & another steak place adjoining their parking lot. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Ms. Melissa,

Thanks for staying with us and your great review of our hotel.

The Vera Bradley outlet sale can be a stressful time, so I'm pleased we were able to insure a pleasant trip to Fort Wayne.

And after walking at the Coliseum at the Sale, I'm impressed that you were still willing to use the elliptical in our work out facility...you are a very dedicated and disciplined person!

Again, thank you for your business!
Dulles, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Conveniently located within close proximity to the War Memorial Coliseum. Excellent high quality restaurants within walking distance. If you forgot to pack a basic toiletry item the front desk will give you a complimentary one when asked. For major things you forgot to pack, Walmart within walking distance. Spacious room with Bath & Body Works products. Super comfy bed and nice desk for workspace. Doorman was a delight and a super cheerful and polite person offering to take care of luggage with joy and a super warm smile. Front desk staff was not as friendly but efficient. They handed me a map to where my room was. Ample parking and well lit. Perfect for one or two nights.

Room Tip: "B" area was quiet....safe entrance (use room key after hours) and easy access elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We really appreciate that you took of your valuable time to tell us about your stay at Hotel Fort Wayne.

Thank you for your kind words...and we will work on the insuring that our desk staff is just as friendly as our doorman/bellman.

...and we agree--we are "worth the price and perfect for business"

Again, Thanks
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Ended up here with a room thru priceline. Big hotel. Staff was courteous. Room was clean and bed was nice. Neighborhood seemed safe. Close to highway. If you're looking for a room to sleep in, can't ask for much more. Would stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Michael S, Manager at Hotel Fort Wayne, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you lrich255 for the feedback from your recent stay!

I was so happy to read about your great experience and also that you took the time to share it with the TripAdvisor community. We hope to see you back again sometime soon.

Michael S
Reservations Manager
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have stayed there 2 to 4 nights a week for the past six weeks. Nice hotel, friendly, easy check in at the front desk. I stay on the concierge floors and use the concierge lounge that is open during the week. It makes being out of town more of a pleasure than just working out of town staying in just a hotel. It is the only one in Fort Wayne. It makes a difference in your stay.

Room Tip: Ask to stay or upgrade to the concierge floors, # 5 and 6.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Michael S, Manager at Hotel Fort Wayne, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you JDD548 for the feedback on your recent stay!

We appreciate your repeat business and I'm glad you enjoy our Concierge Lounge. Jill & Tim do a great job and many guests appreciate the lounge as an amenity. We look forward to your return the next time you visit Fort Wayne!

Michael S
Reservations Manager
Hotel Fort Wayne

Been to Hotel Fort Wayne? Share your experiences!