“Great place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center to your Saves list
Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 47 hotels in Fort Wayne
Warsaw, Indiana
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel had great service, a comfortable, clean room, and friendly, helpful staff. The in-room dining was a bit expensive, but the food I ordered was good. This hotel is in a great location, so other budget-friendly food options are close by. Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
mluttik, General Manager at Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We're glad you enjoyed our facilities and service, thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon!

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Turkish first
Enfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Was here for business, but got to do Christmas shopping too. The hotel shuttle van not only drove me around, he also gave me a history lesson about Fort Wayne. Great, knowledgable staff who made me feel at home. The restaurant staff was very friendly for the early hour of the day. The front desk staff was equally pleasant even though they were dealing with a really rude person right before my eyes. Well done. I like the fact the convention center is attached so I didn't have to walk outside in the cold. Should have used the pool and fitness room to decompress. Good hotel for business and visiting the in-laws!

• Stayed November 2012
mluttik, General Manager at Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. It's great to see our staff and facility provided a pleasant stay. We hope to be able to welcome you back when you return to Fort Wayne!
Battle Creek, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Spent two nights here, visiting various activities nearby. This Hilton is getting older and it shows. The bathroom was split with the shower and facility in a small room and the sink in another. Enough room in the sink area, but cramped in the shower room. This is an older design and it does not work for me anymore. Stayed in a King Suite and the overall room was plenty big, bed was comfy enough, nice flat screen TV, couch, chair, desk and more. Still, it just feels dated. Had no problem getting a room here, but the new Marriott Courtyard across the street was full! Tells you something. While you are downtown, check out Cindy's Diner nearby for breakfast fun. If you like shopping, Jefferson Pointe is upscale and very nice and only minutes away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
mluttik, General Manager at Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us! We hope to be able to welcome you back during future visits to our City.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Excellent hotel and friendly staff. They have nice computers downstairs. Good location too. Perfect for walking around and exploring the city. There's a great place behind the hotel to eat. It's called King's Gyros. I have to get one every time I come here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
mluttik, General Manager at Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel! We're glad to see you enjoy the new PC's and Mac's we installed in our lobby. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed for two nights over a weekend at this property and while it certainly was not bad at all there were enough failings that I would go stay there with certain caveats in mind. The hotel is well located downtown and, like the Courtyard Marriott, is attached to the Convention Center so it is very convenient if you are attending an event there. I am not sure how old this hotel is but it looks pretty dated in both public spaces and in my room.

In general, the room was comfortable and met my needs. The beds and linens, while not luxe, were still quite comfortable. There wasn't a whole lot of extra space but I wasn't entertaining anyone in the room. The bathroom is very small but again was adequate. All the plumbing worked as it was supposed to. Toiletries weren't as advertised but still were OK.

The flat screen HDTV was virtually worthless since for most of the two days and nights of my stay the cable was, at best, intermittent, and most often only the most basic channels worked. Forget HBO or CNN. I reported this as soon as I noticed the problem and it still wasn't working when I left.

The housekeeping staff really needs to be trained. They were very friendly but there were dead bugs on the nightstand, the phone between the beds was dead (the one on the desk worked), several light bulbs were burned out and one of the fixtures had a short circuit and couldn't be counted on for consistency. The safe is inside a closet and so close to the floor that I couldn't reach it without sitting on the floor and I had to use my iPhone flashlight to see the instructions due to the total lack of light. On top of that the mirrored bi-fold door to the closet was almost inoperable.

The in-room coffee machine was never cleaned or replenished (I had to go to the front desk myself) and they ignored my towel placement which, according to the card in the room indicated a willingness to reuse towels. The vending machine on my floor read "sold out" the entire time I was there and when I went to check out I had been charged for two nights of parking in spite of not having a car.

None of these issues amounts to a huge thing by itself, but taken collectively, it indicated a lack of concern about the quality of the experience. The desk staff were earnest and pleasant but very young and I think perhaps not exactly on top of the requests I made to have these items dealt with.

On the plus side though, the room was pretty quiet in spite of facing a main street and I slept well in the bed. If you decide to stay here, make sure you are getting a deal. My guess is that with the new Marriott right across the street it may force the Hilton to upgrade to compete.

Room Tip: I would try to get an end room due to the connecting doors between most of the doubles.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
mluttik, General Manager at Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. We're sorry you encountered some challenges during your visit with us, and assure you your comments will be used to make improvements. We do hope to have an opportunity to host you again when you return to Fort Wayne.
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I went there for a conference, had a great room with two king size beds (eight pillows in all!) and really enjoyed my week. The staff was friendly and helpful, the bistro served excellent breakfasts and there was simply nothing to complain about. Cindy´s Diner is just a few blocks away if you want a 50s feel for breakfast, too!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
mluttik, General Manager at Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thanks for sharing your experience! We are delighted you enjoyed your room, the staff and the restaurant. Just to avoid confusion for future guests of our hotel: our guestrooms feature either two double beds or a single king. Most importantly though, we're glad you had a pleasant stay!
Medina, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel in downtown Fort Wayne. Fitness center was clean with good equipment. Not much around hotel but than again there is not much in downtown Fort Wayne. Staff was very friendly. I will stay here when back in town.

• Stayed September 2012
mluttik, General Manager at Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review! It's great to read you enjoyed the hotel and staff, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Been to Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center? Share your experiences!