“Keep Looking Unless Short on Cash” 2 of 5 stars

You added Country Hearth Inn to your Saves list
Country Hearth Inn
2908 Goshen Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46808 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #39 of 46 Hotels in Fort Wayne
“Keep Looking Unless Short on Cash”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was not impressed. The room was very dirty, broken down bed, holes in sheets, yellow stains on pillows, lots of hair in bath. They had removed some of the carpet baseboard and put it in the bathroom around the bottom. Foreign owned and operated. Overall I would not choose to stay here ever again. The only positive is the friendly owners, foreign, friendly, but just dont quite know how or have the cash to operate a hotel efficiently, especially one that needs a complete remodel.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This makes the second time my husband and I have stayed here. It's not a bad place to stay $160 a week it's not the Hilton but nice. Our room had a king size bed, CLEAN, microwave, refrigerator the basics. Only down side is the couple in room 217 next to us all they did was fight & argue "ALL DAMN DAY" which is Ridiculous cause some ppl have to work & have children, and don't want to hear your Jerry Springer problems!!! Yes it's next to a gentlemen club which didn't bother us. Overall the Asian couple that own it are nice & will fix any problems to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Before booking this hotel for myself and two small children I called and asked if it was located near any topless bars or adult entertainment. They told me no absolutely not. LIE!! The hotel pretty much shared a parking lot with a topless bar and directly across the street is a exotic dancer club!! The pool is smaller than our Toyota corolla!!! I cancelled my reservations and booked at the super 8 and it was so much better! When they charged me for the cancellation I called to tell them I'm not paying it because they lied to me and told me there was no adult entertainment near the hotel. That was my deciding factor in booking this hotel. The manager was extremely rude and would not give me my money back and even told me numerous times that " you can get killed anywhere" which was not my concern. Then she proceeded to hang up on me!! Horrible customer service! I give them a 1 only because I cant give them a zero online!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wyoming, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

In reading the reviews post about this Country Hearth Inn I stay here for two night last fall and I can say that it a nice place for the price and what you get . When I was there it was 40 per night including taxes or 150 per week. I stay at this place 4-6 times in the last 2-3 years when in fort Wayne area .It nice hotel that give you internet, breakfast and 40 dollars per day and there clean room with basic thing you need for stay. You don’t spend your whole day in the room so furniture that put in does not need to best. They have cleaner room that red roof inn next door or crap way inn(roadway inn) across street. I guess people like to complain about some thing. If you want holiday inn stay there with your 109 per night plus , if you’re looking for a good value with clean room this will fit the bill. The Asian couple that run it actually live there in owner quarter that there . To all people that complain please ask to see your room before you check in so you can make sure it meets your standard.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Washington, D.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I just spent three nights at this property and had a very different experience from other reviewers. The rate was very reasonable, and the amenities, though quite minimal, were nonetheless acceptable. My room was clean, no sign of bugs, the front desk clerk was friendly, and I appreciated the free wi-fi. Be forewarned, however, that the location is not attractive -- between a 'gentleman's club' and a truck rental depot. But once you're inside, especially if you are traveling solo and only need a decent roof over your head, it's fine.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Decatur In
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Room 219 is full of bedbugs. Plain and simple the mattress was full of blood suckers! Dead roaches under mattress. The owners are rude once they get ur money and forget clean sheets,towels or anything. The microwave beeped constantly and the cable sucked 24 channels,mostly news and sports. They say won,t refund money if ur not satisfied. the thing about bedbugs u can,t see them and u will end up with nearly 100 bites! Don,t let the price fool u ! I will never go back there again!

Room Tip: Stay away from cheap motels u get what u pay for and always check this website and BB for complaints...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

If your looking for a spa /resort or some place like that, than this place may not be your style of glize. However, If your just looking for a clean place to sleep, rest your tired body and have a shower, than this is the Best place to stay in the area for Value and service. You will have in your room the standard soap and bath linens. Your bed is comfortable," not like a rock or to soft either." Pillows are firm not flat! Front desk employees are very welcoming and helpful with great ideas to eat ! Dining & Shopping Mall is within 5 mins great location. I don't smoke, So I must mention the entrance Hall did have the smell of cigarette smoke. I was very pleasantly pleased my room didn't smell ! Micro and small refrig was handie for night snacks with ice bucket & 2 cups. The pool was closed when I stayed May 3rd-5th,2012. Yes this place is Old, yet still a goodie for the value for your basic needs. I will return to this location, if I ever need a place to stay in Ft. Wayne, Ind.
Sincerely, Satisfied from Texas

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Hearth Inn? Share your experiences!