“All the comforts of home--and a friendly staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Greenwood, Indiana
“All the comforts of home--and a friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

The staff is warm and welcoming and the room inviting, comfortable, spacious and very clean. The entire property is well kept with common areas inside and out well utilized by guests for visiting, playing games and relaxing. The hotel is very convenient to shopping, restaurants and local attractions. The Staybridge starts the day off right with a generous selections of hot and cold items, fresh fruit, juices, cereals, fresh waffles and more with a staff member on hand to keep the bar replenished and the entire area bussed and cleaned. I am particularly appreciative of the friendly, responsive staff from the front desk clerks to the housekeepers. Everyone had a smile and a greeting. This property certainly upholds the reputation of the Staybridge in providing a great guest experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Bridge46804, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your heart warming comments. These will be passed along to our staff with compliments for doing a fabulous job.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed here for one night. Arrived really late, but was still greeted with a smile! I had a clean room with a king bed. Close to many restaurants and some shopping and fuel stations, as well as very close to the interstate. Cant ever go wrong with a Staybridge :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to respond to Trip Advisor. Please return and visit us when you can stay longer and enjoy everything our hotel and city has to offer.
Metamora, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Located on the westside of Fort Wayne, this suites hotel can handle a one night stay to a multiple night visit. The entire site was clean and the staff was very friendly from the front desk people to the folks that served the light dinner and the breakfast. The light dinner included good beer (FatTire & Sam Adams) & wine at no extra change. The breakfast was an A+ in both quality and selection. Corned Beef Hash, sausage and scrambled eggs headlined the hot items with waffles (that you make, not frozen), hot oatmeal and fruits filled out the other items. They also had cold cereals, breakfast rolls and cold slided cheeses. The fitness center had one weight machine that was OK, along with a few treadmills, a bike and an elliptical machine. All the equipment was in good working order too.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you attended our social and enjoyed it. This is just one of many amenities we offer so that our guests feel at home. Please come back and visit us again.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My stay at the hotel started with a broken computer system so the hotel was hand-entering check-ins and had no idea I had a reservation. I dropped my bags and went for a quick shopping trip. When I returned, my card wouldn't open the outer doors. I dragged my bags around the front and went up to my room which also wouldn't open with my card. Back downstairs with my bags to get the card reprogrammed. The heater in the room never seemed to catch up with the cold outside.

The next evening I arrived back from our local facility and again found my card wouldn't open the outer door or my room. After a trip back down and yet another card reprogramming (complete with a lecture that I must have caused the problem by having my cell too close - I travel a lot and know better) I returned to my room to find the non-smoking hotel had someone smoking. It seemed to be my next door neighbor and there were joining doors between the room so the smell was overwhelming. I went back downstairs and asked for a new room. I was promptly told, sorry, we can't help.

Despite repeated requests for assistance with a new room, I was stonewalled and told 'no, we're full... you're stuck with it." I'm a gold IHG member and stay a fair number of nights, but it didn't matter, and the person at the desk didn't care.

I checked out three days early and was offered a comp on my room. That's great for my company, but they didn't have to smell the smoke or find a new hotel room at 9:30 at night. Finally, by 10:30 I was settled in another hotel three exits away on the highway. I spent the next day exhausted driving in a snow storm. After this experience, I won't be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ericgoff, General Manager at Staybridge Suites, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Unfortunately, during your stay our server crashed, which caused us to be slower checking guests in.

We take all customers complaints seriously, when you called the clerk about the smoke smell she physically went to the room to investigate. The smoke you smelled was from a guest that overcooked their meal in our kitchenette. Also, if we would not have been sold out we would have been happy to move you to another room. When you abruptly left, the clerk was trying to make you alternate reservations.

I would love to speak with you more in depth concerning your situation. Please call the Staybridge and ask to speak with the manager.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

After a stressful day I want to relax in a hot tub. I could not. Very sad.other than that nice rooms with not hot showers. Oh yeah the pool is cold as well. So picture a nice place with good Internet and no hot water. Will never return.

• Stayed February 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Kirk1970,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate issues with the hotel amenities prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wabash, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I try different places to stay often and this place is at the top of our list. Very clean, affordable, great food and friendly staff. Great location and great price. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric46804, General Manager at Staybridge Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Plymouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We noticed a decided difference in service during the week, compared to weekends. Even though the breakfast area was not at all busy on the weekend, the service and food were not as good as during the week. Coffee pots were not refilled promptly, Oatmeal was hard, clumpy, and not hot: had to thin it with cold milk and then needed to ask the attendant to heat it up in the kitchen, since there was no microwave available to the public. Food on steam table was tepid. However, the food selections were varied daily. We commend Lynne and the staff, who kept everything well stocked and well tended on the buffet during the week. Maid service during the week was exemplary, but on Saturday the maid neglected to make the bed, wipe down the sink area, or replenish the coffee and did not leave fresh kitchen linens. We knew she has visited our room because she had emptied the waste baskets and collected the daily gratuity I always leave. We decided against any service on Sunday and put up the do not disturb sign.
We look forward to future stays at this attractive, clean, hotel. The front desk personnel and dining room staff are usually very friendly and helpful. If you don't wish to travel into town: a large Kroger store and several restaurants are just across the street.

Room Tip: Our room (139) on the ground floor looked onto a stone wall. When the window was opened we could h...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you experienced a problem while at our hotel and we will use your review to make us better.

Been to Staybridge Suites? Share your experiences!