“What changed my opinion of non-NY pizza!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Midwest
“What changed my opinion of non-NY pizza!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

As a dedicated, devoted and lifelong lover of NY style pizza, I gave in to my Midwestern husband's craving for a "Chicago deep dish pizza" and we stopped here. OMG! We ordered the double crust deluxe and I forgot all about my missing real pizza. The family atmosphere, fast service and absolutely delicious pizza has made this our favorite pizza parlor in Indiana. Every ingredient was flavorful, the cheese was exceptional and although it was a double crust - it wasn't the thick doughy crust that always has gagged me.

We ordered a large and brought 3/4 of it home. Reheated in the oven, it was remarkably good - that's if we didn't almost eat two slices cold (good too!!) while waiting.

Ohhh, I really, really love pizza....and this Oley's is the only one who has my heart.

P.S. - Although there is another pizza place with the same name in Fort Wayne, it is NOT a part of this restaurant nor does it have the same food as this place. Just the name is coincidental.

And call ahead...it's always busy!! (The pizza we ordered will take 45 minutes to make - so be aware of that!!!)

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Andrews, IN
“Football Friday Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped by this place on our way to our weekly high school football game. My friends had all eaten here before but it was my first time. Walked into a room that appeared to be a to go pick-up area and then into a small dining room. We were able to get seating for six and ordered the garlic knots as an appetizer as we considered our orders. The knots were served with a cheese dip and were very tasty but did not think they were as good as the place in Markle. One friend and I split a thin crust pizza which was loaded with toppings and had plenty of cheese. I am not a big pizza person but it was very good. The remaining friends split a deep dish which looked like a lot to eat. They ended up taking some home. The food was good, service was good and price was reasonable. Will likely stop again if back in the area for another football game.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Indiana
“Very good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Excellent pizza eating experience. The way they cook their pizza is far different than anyone else in the area and certainly worth the price. Make sure to call ahead quite a bit as this place is almost always busy.

• Visited April 2013
Garrett, Indiana
“Good pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Try the double crust with a layer of cheese between the crust. One piece starts to fill you up! Really good sausage pizza here.

Visited October 2012
Vail, Arizona
“Toppings, Toppings, Toppings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

If you ike your pizzas loaded with toppings and I mean LOADED, eat here.
No one can eat more than one or two pieces of the double crust styles.
Prices are a little high with the $10 specials all over the area, but this pizza is unique.
Get carry out. The dining area is small and fills up quickly.

• Visited January 2013