“The Best Part is the Salad Bar” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 540 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Columbus, Indiana, United States
“The Best Part is the Salad Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We went to the Cork and Cleaver for my mother's birthday. The first thing that was a little off was that they hand you a large cleaver with the menu on it...just one...for the whole table...and it was very heavy. A little odd to have to wait for everyone to decide what they want for dinner before passing it to the next person.

My dad got the shrimp cocktail for an appetizer, and it was served very odd as well. It was served with about 15 very small shrimp on a plate and cocktail sauce. Not served very pretty in a glass with large cocktail shrimp. We also got the cheese stuffed mushrooms that were so bland that we didn't even eat them all. I order stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer at every restaurant that offers them and these were by far the worst I have ever had. Very disappointing.

My mother got the crab cakes for dinner and she did like them. My sister got the blackened shrimp and she liked them as well. My dad got a bowl of clam chowder and all of us got the salad bar.

Let me just say their salad bar was the very best part of the whole dinner. Very fresh, nicely set up. I was disappointed that there was no chicken or ham to add to your salad though. The bleu cheese dressing was one one of the best ever.

My mama had Mississippi mud pie as her birthday desert. It was outstanding! And free :)

If I were to go to the Cork and Cleaver again I would order the soup and salad bar for dinner and that's about it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Best in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here last night. No reservations so we had dinner in the bar. Even in the bar ther service was excellent. We had calamari, steak medallions with walnut risotto and creme brulee. Up until last night I had made the determination that no one in Fort Wayne knew how to make good risotto. I have ordered it at all the good restaurants in town and has been cosistantly terrible. Not at Baker Street. Perfect risotto. Overall, best meal I have had since moving here three years ago.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Business Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had out of town guests in from New York and took them to Cork hoping to have a nice dinner and conversation. They loved the menu selections, the salad bar, and the service was great. We sat near the back, so we were able to have nice conversation without much interference even though the restaurant was quite busy. We always think of Cork 'n Cleaver when we want to have a special dinner celebration, so having our partnership celebrated over dinner at the Cork was excellent, as expected! Great quality, and great food - we can always depend on that. Our friends from New York commented positively on the experience as well and we will certainly continue to choose the Cork for future dinner engagements going forward. Thanks for taking such good care of your customers, and for an experience we can depend on!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Bern, North Carolina
“Excellent Meal & Service, But a stupid "Menu"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has been around for a very long time! We went there during a recent visit back to Fort Wayne based on the reviews. Many times restaurants lose their sparkle after so many years....this one has not. The food was very good and the service was professional. Prices and portions are very reasonable for this type of quality. My only gripe is the stupid "menu". It's a large & heavy steel cleaver. And the table only gets 1 to share. How stupid is that? It's gimmicky and may have been clever at one time, but now it's just plain inconvenient to sit and wait for one person at the table to look at the "menu" while everyone else waits his/her turn.

Visited August 2013
Elkhart, Indiana
“Romantic, delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a great dinner restaurant especially for a couple's night out. Great wine list. The prime rib my husband had was absolutely amazing. My parmesan crusted tilapia was perfect as well. The salad bar included with the meal was also very nice, even including such items as caviar. Prices ranged from about $20 - $50 per meal depending on what you ordered. Steaks were in the $20 to $30 range and fresh lobster closer to $50 based on market price. We will definitely return!

Visited July 2013