“Just ordinary” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #100 of 540 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Decatur, Indiana
“Just ordinary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We eat here several times a year & have always enjoyed the food, atmosphere & service. Although this time I came away a bit disapointed. I had the "new" BBQ chicken salad which was very good & hubby had ribs, steak & potato. No complaints on food but since we without kids we decided to splurge & order a cookie monster, after waiting 23 minutes for it the manager finally came over & apologized for the delay& asked how much longer we would like to wait for it. When i asked how much longer we would have to wait he said the culinary manager said its not even close. So i said forget it, we had to go. Waitress appologized again & handed us our bill, I was disapointed we weren't given a discount or a coupon for a free appetizer or something for our next visit. Nothing like waiting on dessert, which is a rare treat for me & with no kids only to be delayed 1/2 hour, gotta pay the sitter for that time lost too. Just frustrating.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Wayne
“Relax with great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Visited Cheddar's with family and had a great time. Food was awesome, prices were very reasonable, and loved the portions (though my belt loop may disagree.) Our server was attentive and pleasant, in a nut shell we had but one complaint, it was a bit cold. But all in all, It was what dining out with family should be...kudos!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Toledo
“Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The food and our server were both very good. I had the Chicken Alfredo and I liked it a lot! The strawberry lemonade was great! The burgers were good. However, the chicken tenders were good at first, but the more you ate, the more greasy they became. A plus was that they were helpful in accommodating a wheat allergy in our party. Overall, the food was very good, but not the best I've ever had.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Well... Consistently going down hill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I love to eat at this chain, the one in Dallas is really good all the way around.
This one used to be like that consistent service , larger portions , responsible priced, great food.
Travels should avoid this place on the weekends , 1st week of the month, prom night, or if something is going on at the coliseum. If parking lot full... Drive by.
I always eat the same thing when I come here. The steak and Tenders, really everything is good on the menu.
We used to eat here a lot, not so much anymore.
My son is in town for the weekend and wanted to come here. I tried and warn him it's not the same but here we sit.
The last few times we have come here it seems that they are always short on servers. It's a 50-50 chance with getting a real server or the former order taker at McDonalds. My score for service could have easily been a 5 if you got the right server.
Tonight we got the out training one week server. We had to ask for a drink refill for one person when common sense should have told her that the other 2 empty glasses probably wanted refills too.
40 minutes to be seated , took drink orders , 10 minutes later came back to take dinner orders.
I saw a couple of the really good servers walking back and forth to ther sections, wasn't that lucky to get in their section.
2 of the 3 orders of the Croissants came out. Never did see the third order until they ask for them mid meal.
The Food came out after about 20 minutes. Had to send back the steak, baked potato and they sent wrong sauce.
Enough said you make up your own mind.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Waterloo, Indiana
“Nice atmosphere and good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Generally the food here is good as well as the service. Some items are overpriced but overall not to bad. My personal favorite is the Shepard's pie which is a meal by it's self. They have a wide variety food and drinks and they are very friendly and courteous.

• Visited February 2013