“Best Japanese, Thai & Malaysian Cuisine In Fort Wayne, Indiana” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 518 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: Asian fusion
Huntington, Indiana
“Best Japanese, Thai & Malaysian Cuisine In Fort Wayne, Indiana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We are regular Japanese dinner at one of FW Japanese Restaurant, but when Ichiban Asian opened, we set at the Sushi Bar to try their Love Boat, Sushi and Sashimi. Chef Denny prepared the best Sushi & Sashimi, the rice is soft, a bit sticky, fresh sushi & sashimi. On top of the excellent sushi and sashimi, the plating & presentation is creative. The Miso Soup is the best.
The Thai Garlic Steak is 10 Star, tender steak, crunchy vegetables with a bit of spice. The Japanese Shrimp & Steak is also 10 Star, shrimp is fresh & tender, not overcooked, the steak melts in your mouth, vegetables are crunchy. We will be regulars at Ichiban Asian once a month.

Avilla, Indiana
“Malaysian, Thai, & Japanese ... Simply Divine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We are thrilled to have discovered this new Asian gem, located on Coldwater Rd. across from Glenbrook Mall. Lunches include salad with a tasty, homemade ginger dressing, white rice, and soup (We prefer the clear soup over the miso soup.) It's great having Malaysian food as an option - Coconut shrimp (stir-fried in a sweet coconut sauce with pineapple, mushrooms & bell peppers - & served in a coconut shell - is amazing! The Spicy Tofu Hot Pot tickles the taste buds! The Thai peanut curry was wonderfully "peanutty" and you can't go wrong with the shrimp & veggie tempura "Bento Box" which also includes California Roll! The Roti Canai is a must-try Malaysian appetizer. Server, Ted, and manager, Sue, provide friendly, prompt, helpful service. We can't wait to return ... again & again ... to explore Ichiban's extensive menu!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Yum and Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I took my brother out for lunch today here and both of us want to come back for more. We ordered off the lunch menu. I had the Peanut Curry and he, the Chicken Teriyaki. It came with soup and a typical chopped salad with ginger dressing. I don't know what the soup was but it was divinely flavorful. All I know was that it was in a chicken broth (I couldn't quite tell so I asked) and crispy rice.

The meal came fast and furious. I had my entree before I was finished with soup and salad. The rice was molded into a funnel shape. Kind of neat. I ordered my curry at a heat of 3. At first I thought it was too much, but as I ate, I could still taste the flavors and the heat stopped at the back of my throat - perfect. The peanut flavor was wonderfully intense. My brother's entree was unlike other teriyaki I've had. Maybe it was a mix of asian inspired teriyaki. I ate his onions, since he doesn't like them and the sauce was a perfect match to the onions. In fact, it almost tasted like a bloomin' onion without being fried. Maybe it was just me...

The decor is modern Japanese and new. The service was prompt and not too intrusive. I can't wait to go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Super yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I went with my family after some shopping at the mall the place is decorated very pretty. The server was very pleasant and the food was awesome.

• Visited September 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
“Delicious and beautiful presentation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I visited Fort Wayne for a 4 day conference and ate here 2 of the 4 nights. It was that good! The menu is interesting, the presentation of the food very creative and attractive. My dinner companion wanted something that wasn't on the menu any longer so the chef made up a special appetizer for her, according to her description of the item.

• Visited August 2013