“A great choice among the hotels at this exit” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Indianapolis
“A great choice among the hotels at this exit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

The traffic is much lighter at this exit than others in Fort Wayne and there is easy access to lots of places to eat. Plus a grocery store across the street. It sits right behind a State Police unit so I would think there is an additional safety factor. The hotel is newer and being kept up well. I've stayed at all the hotels at this exit and this one is a good choice.

• Stayed June 2014
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Falconfixer86261,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. Please come back and visit us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Just stayed for a short visit before moving on. Reception staff very friendly and helpful. Nice large room, very clean and well maintained. Good breakfast . All in all, good value for money and a great stay

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Vfrtom,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay on TripAdvisor. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay, and our complimentary Express Start Breakfast. We hope that you come stay with us again very soon.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express. You know what to expect - a clean, comfortable, no frills hotel. This location delivers as expected. Where this hotel stands apart, however, is the staff. I have never stayed at a budget hotel with such kind and friendly staff. The front desk clerks and the cleaning staff were so very friendly and kind.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Texastech,

Thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor about your recent visit. I am ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and without our employees we would never reach that goal. I hope that we will have the chance to WOW you again very soon.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I booked a room for family (2 adults & 4 kids) traveling into town for my daughter's birthday party. My home is small so we made generous use of the hotel over the course of the weekend, including the pool (kid favorite) and the common room for us to all be able to eat dinner together. The hotel itself was quite nice - clean, good amenities, etc. And the free continental breakfast is beyond anything anyone expected - pancakes and eggs and cinnamon rolls and sausage gravy and biscuits. Really nice! But the very best thing about our stay was Haley, the staff person at the desk the day of check in who took SUCH wonderful and attentive care of us and made us feel like VIP's, which considering the amount of traffic through the hotel (a giant wedding party and its guests, for one) must not have been easy. Haley is a GEM. We loved her so much we tried to feed her dinner, and we dropped off slices of chocolate cake to the desk when she wasn't looking. :) We will be booking here again next time family comes into town, and we look forward to seeing Haley! Well done!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Lisa W,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I am delighted to hear that the kids enjoyed our pool, and everyone loved our Express Start Breakfast. Your kind words have been passed along to our staff. We all hope to see you back here soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

By the sound of the title, you may be expecting a horror story. This hotel is well maintained and recently updated. I have stayed here before with above par satisfaction. The staff is friendly. Now let's begin the mild horror story. I checked in and left for dinner immediately. I returned to turn down my sheets to find a lot of hair, and I mean 30+ strands. No rooms were available and I checked out that evening. The largest concern, the staff did not appear surprised.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We encourage both positive and constructive feedback so we can continually improve our hotel and staff. On behalf of our hotel, I sincerely apologize and understand your frustration. We strive to continually exceed guest expectations, I would be happy to discuss this incident further if you would like. Please contact me directly, 260.459.1888. Once again, I am truly sorry and I hope that you will give us another chance.
Flushing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Pretty typical Holiday Inn Express. I was on the 4th Floor. There is an elevator.

Nice: Large room. Q-tips and Mouthwash samples in the bathroom. Greek Yogurt at the breakfast bar. WiFi Internet was fast.

Not-so-Nice: No in-room Fridge. They were working on breakfast at 7 am when I went down.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Bluesstand,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We love to hear about guest experiences, as it helps us continually improve our hotel and staff. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our new Express Start complimentary breakfast, and our bathroom amenities. Please come back and visit us soon here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Amanda and Haley greeted us wit hthe greatest smile upon entering. They handled our checkin quickly and with no issues. What great service. they even made nice recommendation for dinner. A great hotel with a nice breakfast. Have stayed her in past and will again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Sirepmils,

We love to hear reviews like this, as we strive for 100% guest satisfaction. I am delighted to hear that your check in was fast and you enjoyed our complimentary Express start breakfast. Please come back and visit us soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne? Share your experiences!