“Excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Michigan
“Excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express. You know what to expect - a clean, comfortable, no frills hotel. This location delivers as expected. Where this hotel stands apart, however, is the staff. I have never stayed at a budget hotel with such kind and friendly staff. The front desk clerks and the cleaning staff were so very friendly and kind.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Texastech,

Thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor about your recent visit. I am ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and without our employees we would never reach that goal. I hope that we will have the chance to WOW you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I booked a room for family (2 adults & 4 kids) traveling into town for my daughter's birthday party. My home is small so we made generous use of the hotel over the course of the weekend, including the pool (kid favorite) and the common room for us to all be able to eat dinner together. The hotel itself was quite nice - clean, good amenities, etc. And the free continental breakfast is beyond anything anyone expected - pancakes and eggs and cinnamon rolls and sausage gravy and biscuits. Really nice! But the very best thing about our stay was Haley, the staff person at the desk the day of check in who took SUCH wonderful and attentive care of us and made us feel like VIP's, which considering the amount of traffic through the hotel (a giant wedding party and its guests, for one) must not have been easy. Haley is a GEM. We loved her so much we tried to feed her dinner, and we dropped off slices of chocolate cake to the desk when she wasn't looking. :) We will be booking here again next time family comes into town, and we look forward to seeing Haley! Well done!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Lisa W,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I am delighted to hear that the kids enjoyed our pool, and everyone loved our Express Start Breakfast. Your kind words have been passed along to our staff. We all hope to see you back here soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

By the sound of the title, you may be expecting a horror story. This hotel is well maintained and recently updated. I have stayed here before with above par satisfaction. The staff is friendly. Now let's begin the mild horror story. I checked in and left for dinner immediately. I returned to turn down my sheets to find a lot of hair, and I mean 30+ strands. No rooms were available and I checked out that evening. The largest concern, the staff did not appear surprised.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We encourage both positive and constructive feedback so we can continually improve our hotel and staff. On behalf of our hotel, I sincerely apologize and understand your frustration. We strive to continually exceed guest expectations, I would be happy to discuss this incident further if you would like. Please contact me directly, 260.459.1888. Once again, I am truly sorry and I hope that you will give us another chance.
Flushing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Pretty typical Holiday Inn Express. I was on the 4th Floor. There is an elevator.

Nice: Large room. Q-tips and Mouthwash samples in the bathroom. Greek Yogurt at the breakfast bar. WiFi Internet was fast.

Not-so-Nice: No in-room Fridge. They were working on breakfast at 7 am when I went down.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Bluesstand,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We love to hear about guest experiences, as it helps us continually improve our hotel and staff. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our new Express Start complimentary breakfast, and our bathroom amenities. Please come back and visit us soon here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Amanda and Haley greeted us wit hthe greatest smile upon entering. They handled our checkin quickly and with no issues. What great service. they even made nice recommendation for dinner. A great hotel with a nice breakfast. Have stayed her in past and will again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Sirepmils,

We love to hear reviews like this, as we strive for 100% guest satisfaction. I am delighted to hear that your check in was fast and you enjoyed our complimentary Express start breakfast. Please come back and visit us soon.
Paso Robles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I wish it would have been longer than the two days I was there. Room was spotless and in great shape, bed was comfortable and everything worked. Internet was fast and trouble free. Lots of good choices at breakfast and the food quality very high. Staff was very helpful and friendly, housekeepers had big smiles. One of the managers (Nate?) went out of his way to ask me how I was enjoying myself and tell me how much he appreciated me staying there. Matt at the desk was friendly and helpful at check out and immediately took care of a small mistake on my bill. 5 Stars!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Planefella,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I am delighted to hear that you took advantage of our complimentary Express start breakfast. I will be sure to share this review with our staff. We hope to see you back here soon.
Avon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stay at this hotel 2 to 3 days a week. When I check in, Amanda greets me by name making me feel at home. Nancy keeps breakfast warm and the breakfast room very clean. I appreciate the professional, friendly service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HIE1888, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
RSC-Indianapolis,

First of all, thank you for your continued loyalty. I am very glad to here that you always enjoy your stay with us. Nancy and Amanda will be excited to know that they have been recognized for their efforts. Please come back and visit us soon, we look forward to it!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Wayne? Share your experiences!