“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Fort Wayne
columbus
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stopped here on the way to our final destination. The hotel lobby and rooms are clean and well maintained. There were small extras that were nice. Two bottles of water on check in, cookies and flavored water in the lobby etc. The pool was small but fine. In the morning we had breakfast in the lobby. You have to pay, but it was a step above the free breakfasts you get elsewhere and they would make to order omelettes, eggs and pancakes. It was a very pleasant surprise that the manager have us a complementary breakfast. For the rate I was impressed.

Stayed July 2014
Hannah Y, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to inform others of your great experience with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne! I am so glad to see that you enjoyed our breakfast, and all of the other amenities that we were able to offer you during your stay here with us.

Please do not hesitate to let us know when you are traveling to our area again as we would LOVE to have you!"

Thank You!

Hannah Yermasek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pataskala, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

In the past I have stayed at another hotel numerous times, but the service has dropped dramatically since they changed general managers. I tried the HGI and was totally impressed. I cannot sleep with an A/C unit that switches on and off throughout the night and, although I set my unit on ON, the fan kept turning on and off. I called the front desk and Amber immediately came up to check things out. She said she knew how I felt and then she SAT FOR TWENTY MINUTES IN ANOTHER ROOM TO MAKE SURE THE FAN STAYED ON WHEN IT WAS SET ON THE ON SETTING. After that, she came back and helped me move to the other room. Amber went above and beyond normal customer service to make sure one customer (me) was happy and comfortable for an extended stay. This will be my go to place in Ft. Wayne. If Amber is working when you check in, say hi to her.

Room Tip: Just ask Amber for the best room to meet your needs.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to inform others of your great experience with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne! I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I am especially glad that our staff took care of your needs as well!

Thank You.

carmel, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is a very nice place to stay. It had been years since I've stayed here, but everything was just as good as before. High quality room with comfortable beds, nice lobby, even 2 free bottled waters. Great staff as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to inform others of your great experience with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne! I am so glad to see that you enjoyed our comfortable bedding, our updated lobby, and everything else that made your stay with us excellent!!

Thank You!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My experience on this particular stay in mid-July was excellent. An efficient, friendly staff made every effort to see to my needs: they put me in a quiet room, directed me to options for dining that didn't involve having to leave the hotel. They are in the process of opening an on-site restaurant. In the meantime, they've arranged to deliver meals from a nearby restaurant--or to shuttle patrons to the restaurant. There is also no bar service yet at this location, but their 'Market" downstairs is well equipped with wine and beer choices. Room was super clean, mattress very comfortable. They made me feel as if my comfort was truly important. And after a long day's driving from Toronto, Detroit and then through construction around Toledo, that's what I most needed. Well done, HGInn in Fort Wayne!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kelly S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear mben_13,

Thank you so much for taking the time to inform others of your great experience with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne! I am so glad to see that you enjoyed our new comfortable Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses! I truly hope you were able to sleep well.

Cincinnati, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times before but this was the first time I chose a whirlpool room. The best I can say is the layout of this room is very conducive to injury. The bed is too close to the desk and I still have a bruise on my shin when I kit the bedframe while trying to avoid the desk chair. Also, the occasional chair is too close to the whirlpool ledge for safely. This is a very good hotel, just be careful if you stay in a whirlpool room!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Larry S.,

I want to thank you so much for choosing to spend your Fourth of July weekend with us at the Hilton Garden Inn. I want to start off by saying how sorry I am for the layout of the guestroom you were in during your stay. We are in the process of updating other areas of our hotel and I have taken your notes to the Hilton Corporate Design Team to figure out a better room layout solution for our Whirlpool rooms. I am so sorry that you found yourself with a bruise from the new platforms that we have installed in our guestrooms, but I truly hope that you were able to sleep well.

I hope that the next time your travels bring you to the area, that you choose to stay with us again. It was such a pleasure to have you and we look forward to your return.

bryan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

very friendly staff,,very helpful. very clean inside and out. was close where we needed to go. good location for shopping, restraunts. my wife had to at the hospital in the early morning,,,this hotel fit the bill.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Gary P.,

Thank you so much for allowing others to hear about your wonderful experience here at the Hilton Garden Inn, Fort Wayne, IN! I am so glad to hear that our location not only met your proximity requirements to Lutheran Hospital, but that you were also able to find shopping areas and restaurants close by. I have passed your great comments about the cleanliness of our property to our Executive Housekeeper and she has shared them with her staff. I know they greatly appreciated your kind words!

I truly hope to see you both soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fort Wayne on our way to Northwestern Michigan for about 8 years. Place has always had great service, wonderful hot breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms. When we stayed for two nights in July, 2014 discovered had different rates for each night. Told by manager was a "local decision" and depended on occupancy rate for the night. We find this something of a "bait and switch". Told when we made the reservation that would have a specific rate. Did not know until checking out that rate had increased overnight. :(

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear travelarteest,

I want to thank you so much for staying with us the week after the Fourth of July weekend. It was such a pleasure to have you and your mother staying with us again! As a seasoned traveler, I can completely understand your concerns when rate policies differ from one property to the next. As our hotel demand changes daily, are rates do tend to fluctuate on a day to day basis, even within one reservation. As we try to provide as much communication as we possibly can about your upcoming stays, you should have received an email from Hilton Corporate outlining the rate change throughout your stay. If you did not receive that email, I am incredibly sorry. It is never our intention to create any unwanted suprises for our guests, especially when they travel so often. I can assure you that I have also spoken with the third party reservation site through which you booked your reservation and explained to them that they need to be more clear when outlining the rate policy to each individual guest.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to voice your concerns about this as this is the best way we are able to learn in which ways we can improve.

Thank you so much again for staying with us and I truly hope that the next time your travels bring you to our area, that you choose to stay with us again!

Kelly Sanserino

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne? Share your experiences!