“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Russellville, Kentucky
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 5 days for business. Everything was as expected for a Hilton Garden Inn. Very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and professional as well. Hotel room service is Applebee's carry-out. An item from my meal was left out one night and the night manager actually went and picked it up for me and personally delivered it to my room. The breakfast was good. I would recommend this for any business traveller to the Fort Wayne area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
SuperhostManagement, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel! I appreciate that you took time to leave feedback on your stay. We always strive to make sure every guest who stayed with us had a great time, and I’m happy we were able to meet your expectations. We hope to see you again on a future trip to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

We really liked this hotel when we stayed for an overnight trip. The room was large, clean and very nicely decorated. We Had a lovely check-in and check-out young lady named Kelsey, who was kind and very friendly. It made our stay very enjoyable and we would go to this hotel on our next visit to the Fort Wayne area. The only problem was getting into the hotel parking lot. It is very confusing with a one-way street and no directions to get back to the entrance. That is the only complaint I have. Otherwise it was very nice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Man, getting to this hotel was a real challenge. I suggest you do any errands before getting to the hotel! The hotel itself is really nice, friendly staff, clean rooms, good HGI. However, the parking was really limited, and I found myself having to park at the random restaurant next door, hoping I wouldn't get towed.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
SuperhostManagement, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for the great comments about our hotel. And you are correct, getting to the hotel is somewhat cumbersome on the first trip, as we are located on a one way street. The easiest way to get to our hotel from US Highway 24 is to drive just past the hotel and turn left at the Wendy’s restaurant one block away. Continue down that road and make another left turn onto the street our hotel is on. That will get you here without having to make too many turns. :)

One you get to the hotel, we are surrounded by a bunch of nice restaurants located within walking distance or a very short drive, and also very convenience to I-69 – the entrance ramps and exit ramps are right in front of the hotel. Downtown Fort Wayne is also a short drive away, making the hotel a convenience choice for anyone doing business in the area or arriving from the airport.

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our hotel – I appreciate the time you took to leave comments and I hope to see you at our hotel again.
CHICAGO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed here while traveling through on business. While the hotel on average was decent, I can not honestly rate this beyond average. My room overall was clean and modern however I was still disappointed with several features.

Among the issues of disappointment was the breakfast buffet. I like to start the day with a decent meal and so I look forward to breakfast. Unfortunately it was not meant to be. The hot food was poorly prepared, tasteless and greasy. Luckily there was fresh fruit and some yogurt and so I was able salvage part of the meal. The next area was gym which is small room that connects directly with the pool. Upon entering, one is hit by the strong smell of chlorine. I can deal with this but what annoys me is when half the equipment doesn't work. Specifically one of the two treadmills was broken while the stair climber refused to function properly (likely I'm sure due to my incompetence). The last issue revolves accessing the hotel. It is not obvious how one would traverse to get to the main entrance which is packed tightly next to other hotels. It took several u-turns to figure out the exact unmarked side road which guides you in.

I will give some credit to the staff who responded to some of the issues but one can only voice so many concerns so I kept much of this to myself. In the future (and I will likely be back in the area) I will try somewhere else.

Room Tip: pick something further away from the elevators.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
SuperhostManagement, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Thanks for leaving feedback on our hotel! Customer feedback is our best way of making the hotel better for our future guests. I’m happy to report that the fitness equipment is all fully functioning again – we had a treadmill out of service awaiting a new part, which arrived and was installed last week.

And thank you for the nice comments on our staff – I’ll be sure to pass those along. I hope you will consider us for a future trip should you return to our area again. Please contact me directly at (260) 435-1777 x 7402 should you plan to return to our area so I can personally ensure a problem-free stay for you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Beautiful rooms and wonderful staff!

• Stayed December 2011
Los Angeles CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I have stayed at this Hilton Garden inn several times and the staff are some of the warmest and most accomodating I have experienced. They all seem happy you are there, and offer to go out of their way to help.
One example- One evening, I asked for one of the little bottles of wine they have in the pantry, but they were out... When I walked through the lobby the next night the lady at the front desk remembered that I asked for it the night before and gave me one on the house... Can't wait to come back again! Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: If you get a room that is even numbered, it will be on the side of the hotel that doesn't face I...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
SuperhostManagement, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Thank you for the great comments about our hotel and the service we provided to you! I'm so happy you decided to stay with us on your trip to Fort Wayne. We enjoy exceeding our guest’s expectations, and I'm glad to hear you had a good stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with others.
Belleair, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We stayed here during the Christmas season, and the staff was exceptional in their hospitality! Our room was on the first floor and included a whirlpool tub - a welcomed experience. The indoor pool and hot tub are located on the first floor, too, so we heard some foot traffic/chatter the first night we stayed...but I think people were just excited about the holidays. Getting to this hotel is a but akward, so follow the instructions on their website. Plenty of restaurants and gas stations in the immediate vicinity, so this makes for a good location. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Bring your bathing suit....a nice indoor swimming pool and hot tub!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne? Share your experiences!