“Great Hotel All Around” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Chicago
“Great Hotel All Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We were in Ft. Wayne for our sons basketball tournament and all of the families stayed at the Hampton Inn. What a great hotel. It was very clean, had a refrigerator and microwave which we used, pool, fitness room and free breakfast. Breakfast included many hot and cold items, and was very good. I especially liked the fresh fruit. Service was excellent, with hotel staff being very helpful. Wireless internet was free to guests. The hotel was very clean, surprisingly quiet and had a very clean fresh smell throughout. Beds were very comfortable. They also had laundry which I used to wash basketball uniforms. We will definitely choose Hampton Inn again wherever we travel. A great hotel and good value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dtolson12, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dupont Road, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear AnnieMacChicago,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Fort Wayne Dupont Road. We appreicate your positive feedback regarding your stay with us. I will be sharing this information with my team during our morning huddle to let them know their hard work and dedication to our guests, does not go unnoticed.

Hampton Inn Fort Wayne - Dupont Road
3520 East Dupont Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46825
260.483.2999 fax

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
ft wayne, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I only stay at the Hamptons the beds are the bed the rooms are always so clean and fresh Im now honors member thanks to Hamptons the location seem to always work for me. there quiet down the halls not alot of trouble in the hotel seems like everyone is respectful of each other

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dtolson12, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dupont Road, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Jeffery,

Welcome to HHonors. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn Fort Wayne Dupont Road. We look forward to your return to our property the next time to come to Fort Wayne. We will pass along your wonderful words of encouragement to our staff. Thank you.

Stevensville, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Chintzy towels, smoke smell comes (from outside?) into room, room is messy, towels aren't replaced. I have stayed here for about 3 weeks over the past year or so. Not coming back. I have stayed at Hampton Inns all over the country and am embarrassed that the only disappointing one has been this one in my former home town of many years, Fort Wayne.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Krissy and Kris,

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize on behalf of the Staff at the Hampton Inn Fort Wayne Dupont Road for the experience you had while visiting our hotel. It is not in our common practice to not replace towels in our guest rooms. I have addressed this issue as well as the additional issues you noted with my housekeeping supervisor. We would like for you to give us another chance to prove to you the Hampton Inn Fort Wayne Dupont Road is worthy of your next visit.

Thank you for your committment to Hampton Inn.

Des Moines, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Not clean, no service. Find a different place to stay, there are plenty of other options in the area. Mold in shower, carpets dirty. Front desk person could not give directions to a hotel, could not even answer questions about the hotel he was working at, or the local area!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Virginia,

I am sorry to hear your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Fort Wayne - Dupont Road was unpleasant. I have addressed with our staff how to search for directions in the event they do not know off hand. I have also informed our staff how to ensure our guests are being treated with the best the Hampton Inn has to offer. Again, I am truely sorry about your exprience with us and hope you give us a change in the future as we are under new management now. Thank you.

Germantown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were "just passing through" Fort Wayne, including a quick visit with relatives, who suggested the Hampton Inn as one of several choices near them. The hotel is right off the interstate and located within walking distance of a couple of restaurants. The staff was friendly enough during check-in. The shower in our handicapped accessible room was well equipped. The breakfast was fine, but undistinguished from several others we had during our trip. I did not do a thorough price compararison or try to negotiate, but the price seemed consistent with the other nearby mid-range lodging choices. Overall I would consider this a fairly typical (positive) Hampton Inn experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Susan and Mike,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Fort Wayne Dupont Road. We greatly appreicate your friends and family suggesting our hotel over our competitors. We are looking for new ideas to improve upon our breakfast to help set up apart from other hotels. If you have any suggestions as to what can help us shine, please let us know. Your input is greatly appreciated. Again, thank you for your feedback.

China, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The bed was comfortable but my wife & I couldn't get over the smoke smell in the room. The staff brought us spray but that did not even come close to making it easy to sleep. Complimentary breakfast was marginal at best. Only one item, eggs were appetising

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Jerome,

Thank you for your feedback for your stay at the Hampton Inn Fort Wayne - Dupont Road. I apologize that you didn't enjoy our breakfast options. We are always looking for suggestions on our breakfast. If you have any ideas you would like to share with us to help make our breakfast shine, we would greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for choosing the Hampton Inn.

St. Louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have most commonly stayed at another property owned by the same company, but decided to try this one as it was closer to my offices north of Fort Wayne. Since this was a business trip, I needed to iron shirts after my flight. The ironing board in my room made it impossible to iron anything flat. The helpful staff brought me a replacement on my second night, but it was damaged (had been severely bent and partially pounded back into shape) and just as bad as the first. I gave up and accepted that I would be going to my business appointments looking like I slept in my dress shirts. The Air Conditioning barely worked so I slept on top of the bed or just under a sheet. When I complained at the front desk about the A/C, another guest said I was lucky, since hers would not work at all. The weather was stormy and the dampness seemed to get into all my clothes. The first breakfast on Monday featured stone cold ham slices as tough as shoe leather and cold scrambled eggs. The breakfast improved later in the week somewhat, but was probably the cheapest, most limited offering I have seen in a Hampton. There is no yogurt, which is very unusual. I had to use a wet bath towel to clean up around the base of the toilet. (I will spare readers the details) I doubt that the bathroom floor has been wet mopped since the building opened. I have used Hamptons all over the United States due to the travel requirements of my job. This hotel has some real problems probably stemming from cost cutting on equipment and poor maintenance. On the plus side, this is an attractive and modern property with a good location for the North side of Ft. Wayne. The bathroom is spacious and has nice hardware. (The handle on the shower faucet was on the verge of falling off in my hand, but that is just poor maintenance.) The TV is a nice flat screen on a swivel for viewing from different areas of your room. Channel selection was very good (58 channels), with more High Def Channels than usual at Hamptons and the reception was perfect. The bed and pillows were great. The staff will do anything they can to try to make up for your bad experiences. The fitness room apparently has no air conditioning at all. The heat is stifling (and it was not hot outside), but this could be a plus if you like to work out in a hot environment for extra weight loss.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your feedback regarding the Hampton Inn Fort Wayne Dupont Road. I am regretful to hear your stay was less than plesant. I apologize for the maintenance and housekeeping issues you had during your stay. If you would like to discuss these issues further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Again, I thank you for your feedback, and hope you give us another chance when you are back in Fort Wayne.

260.483.3999

Been to Hampton Inn Dupont Road? Share your experiences!