“Let's Do It Again!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Grand Rapids, MI
“Let's Do It Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

A friend and I stayed in Fort Wayne overnight for a trip to the Allen County Public Library to work in their Genealogy Center and I chose this hotel based on reviews on Expedia...and boy was I not disappointed! The hotel looks new and the room was really nice, especially for the rate that we paid for it ($99 on a Wednesday night). The room was spacious, the bathroom was huge and there was plenty of room for us to set up shop and get some after-hours work done. We really didn't use the kitchen but it looks like there's everything you could need for an extended stay. I love Marriott beds and was pleased to find a comfy bed and fluffy pillows waiting for us. Breakfast was also really good - my friend went so far as to say it was the best continental breakfast she'd had included in a stay before - they even had soy milk. Other fare included waffles, bagels, english muffins, bananas, apples, yogurt, juices, tea, coffee, milk... I'm sure I'm missing something but you get the idea.

A couple minor complaints...the room was rather chilly when we got there and after three hours, the heater was still running trying to get it up to a temperature we felt was comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was kind of weak and we each said the bathroom was pretty cold when we got out of the shower. Minor complaints that wouldn't stop me from staying here again (but I might request a warmer room in the room request box!).

The location of this hotel was perfect. It was about a five minute drive to the library and was right around the corner from the mall and a ton of restaurants making it very convenient for us. Some reviewers complained that the hotel was kind of hard to find but we didn't have any issues with that. I pulled up the hotel on Google Maps on my phone and it took us right to it, no problem.

All in all, we had a comfortable stay and would plan to stay here the next time we're in Fort Wayne.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed there for 1 night to visit a relative at a nearby hospital (5 miles out).
The hotel is new-ish so everything still looks good.
So here are the good and the bad.
Good:
1. Great staff really ... Kelsey from the front desk I think is her name was really sweet and helpful. And Steve really took care of the breakfast area. All the workers there seem to be happy to work ... Which is quite an achievement.
2. The room was well maintained. Everything was quite clean in the room, we had minimal concern.
3. Good parking and close proximity to lots of restaurants and a big mall.
4. On site laundry facility has a good amount of washer dryer
5. The mini mart ( In a pinch) is helpful for quick snack, drinks or microwaveable meal.

The not so great :
1. They don't really give extra towels in the room. We had a king room and it exactly has 3 big towels. I know we could request more but it just seems so minimal.
2. The pool water was cool... Not warm
3. Breakfast area is a bit small, I can see it being a challenge when a big group of sports team stay there.
4. Door is quite thin, can hear a lot going on in the hallway. Again could be rough if there are lots of loud kids on property.
5. The only minor room concern we have is that the caulking in our bathroom floor starting to show discoloration.

Overall it was an enjoyable stay and just a note, don't miss the turn to Ice Way. We missed it and took another road only to find out the road did not have an entrance to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This property seemed to be brand new. We stayed for a wedding and had a great time. They blocked the group together on one floor so we could easily visit with family and friends. The kitchenettes are very convenient. The location was very easy to get to from I-69.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fremont, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Did I say the location is tops? Especially if you are in town for a hockey game, volleyball, or an event at the coliseum. Literally can walk across the parking lot to the ice rinks at Lutheran Health Sportscenter.

Our room was a spacious 1 Bedroom suite. The Living room w/a sofabed is separated from the bedroom which had a comfy king bed, good lighting and a sizable closet for hanging items. The bath was also quite spacious.

Both rooms had TVs and the door and wall between the two were of sufficent quality that parties in either room could enjoy a show without disrupting the others.

The fully equipped kitchen had all the glasses and dishes etc one could wish for and that made the stay quite pleasant.

I enjoyed and made use of a bentwood breakfast/laptop tray that fits across an ottoman in the living room - wish I could have taken it home w/me!

Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast serving area was staffed by a very conscientious man.

Overall, a great stay.

Room Tip: Try the one bedroom suite
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a volleyball tournament played at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. I had never heard of this brand by Mariott but it was on our negotiated blocked rate so we decided to try it out. We were not disappointed!

The lobby was clean and reception friendly and helpful. We booked a king suite and I was shocked when I opened the door to find a fully equipped kitchen with dual burner hot plate, dishwasher, full size refrigerator, toaster and coffee maker. There was a spacious office/desk/workspace area with storage, a sleeper sofa and coffee table, king bed with end tables, dresser, flat screen tv and very large bathroom. My favorite thing was the coffee pot!! We had to rise before 6AM so I was able to find a Starbucks to get my favorite grind and a pack of coffee filters and our mornings were made much easier!

Breakfast was traditional continental. The only protein available was in the form of hard boiled eggs (But there's a great little diner nearby that will make you whatever you wish!) Difficult to travel anywhere with special dietary restrictions so I didn't take off for this.

I would definitely recommend staying here and I will seek out this brand on future trips!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I reserved this hotel at the last minute as we were travelling to Fort Wayne for a funeral. It was very close proximity to where our family lives in the area.

It is a very new hotel. I update the GPS on a regular basis, but unfortunately we were unable to use it to navigate right to the hotel using it because it is so new and on a newly built road apparently. Saying that you need to find the new hotel near the new ice rink produced the correct directions from those that know the area.

Every employee we encountered was very nice and accommodating. With 4 of us sharing 1 room, we needed some extra towels, etc and they met every request with a smile and efficiency. It was a very nice room, very clean and spacious for a very reasonable price. Also plenty of electrical outlets as there were plenty of electronic devices requiring charging between all of us!

The breakfast space is a little small, but had some nice choices and the attendant was very nice. Waffle maker, cereals, and the normal continental breakfast type things (including good coffee).

The indoor pool room was also very nice, small, but nice. I appreciated the hot shower down in the pool room to rinse off chlorine before going back up to the room. The workout room had really nice equipment as well.

Overall, great value for the price when we stayed. We have stayed in plenty of hotels in the same family as this one and have yet to be disappointed. We will definitely return to the hotel again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DeWitt, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed one evening an the experience was tops. It is a little tricky finding the access road, but worth the effort. The staff was particularly helpful and friendly. The rooms are very largeWe enjoyed the pool and the business facility. A few more breakfast choices might have been helpful, but everything was fresh and tasty.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Fort Wayne North? Share your experiences!