Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center
GreenLeadersSilver level
Decatur, United States
“Family Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My husband, myself, and our 6 year old twin sons stayed here for three nights for a short family vacation. The front desk staff was very welcoming and helpful. Parking was convenient in the nearby parking garage. I liked that the hotel gave us a swipe card to enter and exit the parking garage and simply added the parking fee directly to our bill. This was much easier than keeping track of multiple parking stubs. We stayed in the suite which was very nice. Only complaint would be on our last night at the hotel someone from housekeeping was sweeping the carpet outside of our room at midnight.

Room Tip: "The suite is on the top (6th) floor, facing the street. It had a fair amount of street noise...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
What a great way to spend a vacation Jenifer! Thank you for sharing that special time with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The front desk staff went out of their way to accomidate my needs. Fast and professional service. The facility was very clean and room layout buffered noise from the corridor. I departed very early, before 5:00 am, and they still greated me with a smile.

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks the stadium if your there on a Tin Caps game night
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your FIVE STAR REVIEW Gregory! We're happy to see you and all our guests (even at 5AM). Thank you for the opportunity to serve.
illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This is a very nice hotel that is located downtown fort wayne it is very clean, quiet with friendly helpful staff. We were in town for a wedding and the location was perfect, there was a festival going on the same time along with a baseball game. We were close by to all of the activities during our three day stay. As mentioned by others, you can see the ball park from your room. My only draw backs were the $7 a day garage parking and no continental breakfast. However there are 2 restaurants on site.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
We're so glad you had the opportunity to see so many of the events in our wonderful city. Were you able to attend a ball game or the festival? If not, come on back soon to enjoy them. We'll be anxiously awaiting.
Lincroft, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My recent stay at the Marriott Courtyard in Ft. Wayne was exceptional - the staff and management are attentive and accessible throughout - and afterwards. They all go out of their way to provide a truly exceptional experience.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the minor league ballpark - just outside the back of the hotel.
Green Features: I found my room and the hotel in general to be very environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your FIVE STAR review!! We all work very hard to do what we can to be as efficient a frinedly to the environment as possible. Thank you for noticing our efforts. Have you had the chance to see one of the Tin Caps ball games? If not, let us know the next time you're in our fair city and we'll work on changing that for you. Until next time...
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I came to Fort Wayne to attend a Fort Wayne Tincaps minor league baseball game. The Courtyard by Marriott is right next to the ballpark--couldn't be more convenient. The room was very nice, with a comfortable bed, fridge & microwave in the room, and a large lobby with several amenities. Breakfast at the Bistro was good. The price was more than I usually pay for hotels, since I am not on an expense account, but this hotel was worth it.

Room Tip: Most any room should be OK--there are no busy streets or other noise generators nearby.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
I hope the TinCaps added a win on your visit! We're sure grateful to have had the chance to serve you while here in Fort Wayne. Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Overall stay was pleasant. Nice staff & good service. Location was perfect. Many restaurants. Historical town with many interesting sites. Festival downtown was fun. Entertainment on library square every Friday which is right down the street from hotel. Restaurant in hotel. Hotel very up to date. Parking was a hassle due to the festival but hotel staff handled it very professional ly.

• Stayed July 2014
Three Rivers Festival is a great time with a wonderful atmosphere. We're sure glad you had the opportunity to attend this annual event. Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel.
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I've stayed here multiple times in the past year and a half, and every time has been a great stay. Although I've noticed some inconsistencies. I'm a platinum member and stay here on points all the time. Sometimes I get an arrival gift sometimes not, sometimes I get arrival points and sometimes not. I've been given breakfast vouchers in the past but most recently I wasn't. The first couple times I stayed I didn't pay for parking but lately I've been charged. None are huge issues for me I would rather have consistency than not.

Room Tip: The rooms on the west side face the open minor league ball park. You can see some of the game from t...
Green Features: A better than normal courtyard experience. BIG lobby with attached sports bar.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and our hotel. We sure appreciate you taking the time to review us as well. We will most certainly continue to work on our consistency. Please pull me aside the next time you visit as I would like to get a better feel for some of the items you've mentioned. See you next visit and thank you again.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center

Address: 1150 S. Harrison Street, Fort Wayne, IN 46802
Location: United States > Indiana > Fort Wayne
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Green Hotel in Fort Wayne
#6 Business Hotel in Fort Wayne
#7 Family Hotel in Fort Wayne
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown At The Grand Wayne Hotel Fort Wayne

If you own or manage Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.