You added Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Jose, California
“Room with a view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I specifically asked for a high room over looking the Fort Wayne Tin caps ball field and they accommodated my request. Nice room and comfortable bed. 5 Pillows seemed 3 to many but all good. Plenty of towels. Nice flat screen TV's . Refridge could be a little colder. A/C worked fine. Shower head had power. All in all fine room. Fast elevators too and a fast computer in the business center. I choose a good hotel!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
WOW, great review. Thank you for taking the time. We're always very excited to hear that we exceeded our guest expectation. We look forward to taking excellent care of you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Be sure to book here if you are staying anywhere near Fort Wayne! This is a newer property so the rooms and common areas are very clean and updated. Of course this is just a courtyard, but there are several amenities that make it right up there with a regular Marriott. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They really make an effort to get to know you and treat their frequent guests well.

I have never really had a bad experience with the dozen or so times I have stayed there. The only time I did, they were very quick to make the situation better and clear up the troubles that occurred.

All the staff are very nice as I mentioned. One staff in particular, Drew, always goes out of his way to make the stay more enjoyable. You can tell he really enjoys being there and taking care of the hotel guests. Great work!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dale N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to inform all future and current guests that we are the #1 hotel in the Fort Wayne area! Our frequent guests are VERY important but it's important I mention how critical our first time guests are too. I'm thrilled to hear that our staff (Drew in particular) has always been able to exceed all of your expectations. Our mission to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in the area is taken very seriously and we're all very happy to hear that we are achieving that goal.
Fox Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last year for a wedding we were attending at the Botanical Gardens across the street from the hotel and we stayed here again this year when we came back for a visit.

The weekend of the wedding, there was also a kids soccer championship going on in town and the hotel was packed. This had no noticeable effect on the staff or their efficiency. Check-in was a breeze and we got situated in our room in no time. Amazing since the hotel and the lobby were crawling with little soccer stars and their parents. We experienced this same great service on our return trip.

The rooms are incredible, very clean and very comfortable. My wife loved the bathroom, definitely one of the best showers I've ever experienced at a hotel. Both times, our room looked out at the ball field behind the hotel.

As far as the amenities go, the pool is really small but my son loved swimming in it anyway. The front desk is fairly well stocked with necessity items that we always seem to forget at one time or another, razors, tooth brushes, etc...not to mention snacks and drinks. We did eat breakfast at the Bistro, which was very, very good and we haven't yet had a chance to eat at the sports bar. The girl at the front desk did, however, give us an awesome recommendation on a local brewpub that was fantastic.

In all, this is a really nice hotel that is very well staffed and well maintained. The weekend of the wedding, other family members commented on how nice the hotel was. They did a great job for us and we will absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
WOW! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel so eloquently. Many, many people review these and we're always grateful to get them but this one is particularly great. It gives me great pleasure to tell you that we rank in the top 2% of all 847 Courtyards and consistency in service is one of the reasons for these results. It appears we were consistent on both of your visits with a year of separation. We look forward to being of service very soon.
Saint Joseph, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Short stay and no regrets. Service was present and dedicated to the clients. Clean room and hotel located downtown. Have pool, restaurant and direct access to adjacent parking. We were there for the color run when we came back dirty and full of colors : ) Staff assisted us with extra towels and toiletries. Will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are ranked #17 out of 847 Courtyard by Marriott hotels currently so we take your experience very seriously. Thank you for rating the hotel in such a favorable light and I'm thrilled that we were able to take such great care of you after the color run. Until next run.
indianapolis, indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Thought I would write this review to offset one for Goodletsville Courtyard. Rooms are clean, modern, fairly new. No problems and convenient to the Grand Wayne. Everything was in order although you do pay to park unless you can find street parking. They will give you a card to access the lot and charge your room for parking. If your going to park on the street or have no car tell them when you check in.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your 5 star review! We hope you will be visiting us again very soon.
Fairlawn, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard in Fort Wayne three nights the past weekend. It is a fairly new hotel, built around 2010, and is right downtown, close to lots of things like the Allen County Public Library (good for genealogists), the Grand Wayne convention center, and a number of museums. The room was clean and the staff was all nice.

There were some problems, though, which I think come more from it being a Courtyard rather than any specific problems with this hotel:

- There are extra electric outlets on the lamps, but the contacts inside aren't tight enough to hold a plug firmly in place. This meant that the first morning I awoke to find that my phone was nearly out of electricity, and I needed it to take photos that day at the library. I had to plug my charger into the outlet in the bathroom the other nights, where there is a standard outlet that grabs the plugs.

- Wifi is free but horribly slow. If you want fast Wifi you have to pay about $8 a night, a rip-off price (think $240 a month).

- You can't put a Do Not Disturb sign on your door and have them come back later to clean up your room. The sign actually says "I'm good to go. Do not Disturb". I checked and that really means that you don't want your room cleaned that day. Since this was a weekend trip and I wanted to sleep in, I would have preferred being able to use the sign to delay room cleaning. Instead I got awakened by the knock one morning and had to tell the maid that I wasn't ready on another.

Room Tip: One side faces the baseball stadium. This might be noisy during the game, or you can look at it as...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
We sure appreciate your time to review the hotel. I would love to have the opportunity to correct the plug-in issue you experienced. This is te first time I have heard of this so if you get a moment, I would be grateful if you could contact me directly so I can investigate that particular room. I look forward to hearing from you and to be of service again very soon.
Bloomfield, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over the 4th and was very pleased that we did. The staff were all so very nice and helpful in helping me on things to do around town. The hotel it's self was very nice and I felt save letting my kids explore as well inside (they are both 15). Yes the pool was a little small but the boys still had plenty of fun. The fitness room was one of the best I've ever seen in a hotel. We attended a ballgame and it was so nice to he able to walk straight to the field. Will for sure stay here again. Also they gave a great gov/military rate.

• Stayed July 2013
We're so grateful for the wonderful review and we're thrilled you and your family had such a great experience. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center

Address: 1150 S. Harrison Street, Fort Wayne, IN 46802
Location: United States > Indiana > Fort Wayne
#1 Green Hotel in Fort Wayne
#5 Business Hotel in Fort Wayne
#6 Family Hotel in Fort Wayne
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown At The Grand Wayne Hotel Fort Wayne

If you own or manage Courtyard by Marriott Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.