“Good food! Good Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Description: Vietnamese, Chinese, American
Description: Vietnamese, Chinese, American
Dalat, Vietnam
“Good food! Good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We are a group of 20-something people. The food comes out pretty quick. They are very authentic and tasty. As a Vietnamese abroad, I personally think the food here is one of the most authentic so far. I tried different dishes as my friends and I shared our meal.
The only dish that I din't like very much is Bun bo Hue, Spicy Beef Vermicelli. It was too spicy even for a Vietnamese. Apart from that, perfect!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Elgin, Illinois USA
“Excellent food, great prices and wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

This place has really great authentic Vietnamese food as well as more conventional Chinese/American food. If you are interested in the more authentic Vietnamese cuisine, just ask the very friendly and knowledgeable staff and they will make great suggestions. The homemade Vietnamese coffee is made table side and is far better than I have had anywhere. The spring rolls were perfect and the Pho was excellent. My wife had the egg noodles with seafood and it was splendid too. One of my favorite Vietnamese dishes is the grilled pork chop and this place makes them slightly different but it fantastic. The prices were very reasonable, especially considering the quality. We had a really nice talk with the server about Chicago's Chinatown and Broadway/Argyle Thai/Vietnamese area. We even suggested some Korean stores such as Super H Mart to visit when she goes to Chicago. I really loved the entire experience.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

little hole in the wall with consistently GREAT food.. Cash only so make sure you are prepared and on a side note they have the best lemonade lol

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Best in the country so far...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I've travelled all over the country and even outside and this restaurant is still the best Vietnamese restaurant by a mile. I am Asian and I have an Asian palette so trust me, it's good! This is staple food for my family at least once a week for over 10 years now. I have even memorized my favorite dishes in their native language. The truth is... it doesn't matter what you order. You can randomly pick any in the menu and I guarantee that you will like it. I have done it in the past to test their dishes, and nothing disappointed me. That actually led me to finding out the other little gems that are hiding in the menu.

banh hoi bo nuong is a weekend only dish that is guaranteed to make your day.
Any of the beef or steak and noodles soups are crowd pleasers.
Their version of tom yum soup (sour fish soup) is amazing.
If you feel like having rice, their bbq pork chop is the best.

Did I mention the cold Vietnamese coffee? That is also one of the things they make best. Better than anywhere else I have tried. I have tried all of Starbuck's coffee and this one is beats them all. Just try it and you will be addicted.

Just a warning to new customers... this is not you sophisticated high-class restaurant. There's usually only two waiters that work the whole place. I don't think they have a degree in Hotel and Restaurant management. Please be patient if they are a little slow when the place is packed. I usually go during slow hours (early or late lunch) to avoid all the hassles. When you walk in, just seat yourselves. Don't stand there and wait to be seated. You might look like a lost puppy if you do that. And when you find an open table, just wait a little bit and someone will come take care of you. Again, during busy hours, this might make you feel like you are being ignored. NO! I know the waiters like family. They are not rude. They are funny and friendly people. Very helpful too if you don't know what to order or if you are a first timer.

You will notice all the expensive cars lined up outside the restaurant. This is always a good sign that something good is cooking inside.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Warsaw, Indiana
“Another Great find in the Fort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stopped in here on a Sunday afternoon and the place was very busy. The phone on the wall ran continuously with people calling in carry out orders. The restaurant is a little rough around the edges but the food was outstanding. This seems to be a neighborhood place with lots of regulars so the service might be a little slow because of the staff conversing with the patrons. Most of the dishes are around 7 dollars and they are cash only.

• Visited October 2013